PDA

View Full Version : Question

chris grech
08-23-2014, 08:53 AM
Hi Guys

I need some help regarding the front access panel , can anybody help me for what is it used and from where can I buy the windshield and every where rubber please?

Thank you

INSATANSSEAT
08-23-2014, 04:27 PM
Which access panel do you mean? The one in the floorboard directly below the steering column?

chris grech
08-23-2014, 05:42 PM
Yes thats the one

Imperial King
08-23-2014, 09:48 PM
Yes thats the one

My brother from Malta, here is where you may get the parts you so desire.

http://www.garygoers.com/products.html

57belv
08-23-2014, 09:53 PM
They have them on ebay as well.http://www.ebay.com/itm/LEFT-FLOOR-PAN-ACCESS-PANEL-CHRYSLER-DESOTO-DODGE-PLYMOUTH-1957-58-NEW-/141369726117?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&fits=Year%3A1958%7CMake%3APlymouth&hash=item20ea4ad4a5&vxp=mtr

chris grech
08-24-2014, 05:29 AM
Thanks guys.

The thing is that I already contacted Gary goers but I don't know with rubber do I need for my car and the catalogue doesn't help you much I don't want to order something that I don't need and about the front panel I have one the thing is that I didn't make it with the bolts i welded it so how much is it important that this panel have to be removed ?

Hello imperial king Here at Malta is so hot at the moment , how are you ?

Imperial King
08-24-2014, 04:25 PM
Thanks guys.

The thing is that I already contacted Gary goers but I don't know with rubber do I need for my car and the catalogue doesn't help you much I don't want to order something that I don't need and about the front panel I have one the thing is that I didn't make it with the bolts i welded it so how much is it important that this panel have to be removed ?

Hello imperial king Here at Malta is so hot at the moment , how are you ?

Important enough Chris that Chrysler made this a removable piece to install or service the steering shaft assembly.
The weather here has been mostly good and the temperatures are well below normal.... Every year, the weather is changing more from how I remember it from say, 15 years back.

INSATANSSEAT
08-24-2014, 07:07 PM
Chris. Once the body is on the frame, that panel does not need to be removed again.

There is a thread in the forum that has a simplified list version of gary's catalogue specific to 1958 Plymouth. It is very easy to understand.:D

OzySteve
08-24-2014, 10:49 PM
i think this is the thread..........

http://internationalchristineclub.net/showthread.php?634-Gary-Goers-ordering-10-catalogue&highlight=garry+goers

chris grech
08-25-2014, 06:47 PM
Sent an email to gary goers hope to get a reply and does someone know where to find a front windshield please and regarding the access panel do I need to make removable or I leave it welded ?

Imperial King
08-27-2014, 05:56 AM
Sent an email to gary goers hope to get a reply and does someone know where to find a front windshield please and regarding the access panel do I need to make removable or I leave it welded ?

If I were you, go back to making it removable. I've been working on cars since the late 70's. Experience tells me this.

christineuk
08-27-2014, 09:41 AM
Agree with above!!
You can think of every scenario in your head and come to the conclusion, 'nope dont need that, my way is better' then out of the blue comes the reason the factory did it that way!! :).
Ask me how i know this!!!!!

chris grech
08-28-2014, 05:14 AM
Thanks for the help well I do it removable and does any one knows if Gary goers is still in business cause I dint get any reply and I really need help on the stuff that I want to order