Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: C-Fury's Christine Bike

If you restore a Raleigh Chopper, don't sell yourself short if you sell it on Matt.

Those things cost a lot to buy now.
    Everything's good!

Yeah it would be nice if I had one but I'm not that lucky to get any bike worth more than $120 without needing to spend more than a hundred.
    Beavis & Butthead 2011.

Got her bottom bracket, I wished I was finished but not yet.
    Beavis & Butthead 2011.

I got my Spectra Red but I couldn't get it in a spray can without going around 20-30 miles away, I had to get it by PPG then had to get a hardner & stuff $60 bucks.
    Beavis & Butthead 2011.

I all have to do is buy a white seat and get it painted, hopfully I could find any place or anyone that could paint her for me because I don't think I could do it myself since I will have three different colors side by side of each other since I have never done that before.

Here are better pics of my sprocket and my V.

Beavis & Butthead 2011.

So when will this project be complete Mathew?

As soon as I get a white seat and for her to be painted, if I could get someone to paint her for me.
    Beavis & Butthead 2011.

No progress for awhile, I still need a white seat and for her to be painted if I knew anyone that could do it for me.
    Beavis & Butthead 2011.

Sperm donors will do it for you.

Maybe you should give it a try. That's how most of us have learned to do many of the thing's on our cars. This thread is over a year old, time to finish her up Matt.

I paid around $60 for the Spectra Red which I have to mix and I don't want to waste it if I mess up painting my bicycle.
    Beavis & Butthead 2011.

I will have a seat, it's a little over my budget for one but I really like this beautiful seat.

I think I will skip having the white paint on the top tube and have the only white parts the seat & handlebar grips.

Here is the seat.
    http://thecabe.com/vbulletin/showthr...133#post113133
    Beavis & Butthead 2011.

I got these two pieces today to be able to put the V on but even though they have a hole in the middle I have to drill two holes beside it to put the parts to screw in that are a part of the V that is usually used to screw the V into the center grille piece.

I got two in case I mess up one of them unless I can buy a 58 center grille piece at a price that I can actually afford then I can just screw that part into both of the new parts I just got then screw in the V into that.

Here is the back of the V.
    Beavis & Butthead 2011.

Show the front when you get the chance Matt, it might help members decide whether or not to ask George Laurie to make them one.
    Everything's good!

Beavis & Butthead 2011.

Looks like those parts will work for you, Matt.

Keep us posted on the progress.

---John
    Big M Auto-

"We buy junk, and sell antiques"
    ICC member since just after dirt, but before baseball.

Cheers Matt.

It looks quite good in that photo.

Up against an original I thought it had a slightly different hue, a little bit coppery in colour.
    Everything's good!

Thanks, I will try when I can afford to.

The gold color has a little rainbow effect when light hit's it some.

I am going to cut a bad tire tube to put between the metal of those two pieces and the headtube so when I have the bike finally painted I will have somethong to keep the paint from scratiching off and I got those two at an old Mom & Pop Hardware Store that has been in this town for years & years.
    Beavis & Butthead 2011.

Wish you were closer Matt I'd paint your bike for free,if its practical for you mail the frame Ill shoot it and mail it back....

Think outside the box. Use your imagination.