Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sears Bike

Sears Bike

I will be getting a Sears Spaceliner to fix up after I fix my Christine bike.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Pre Restore2.jpg   Pre Restore1.jpg  
    Beavis & Butthead 2011.

That'll be cool!

Was that bicycle completely chrome plated when new?

---John

Yes they were chrome when new but there were some painted too and had a cool tanks with headlights with a cool springer type fork but just the frame I am getting, it was designed by Viktor Schreckengost who also designed the first cab over engine truck as well as many other stuff.
    Beavis & Butthead 2011.

As you can tell in the pics atleast half Sears Spaceliners had chrome frames, would anyone know how much it would cost to re-chrome the fork because where the wheel was at and a little bit higher the chrome had come off but I think that is all that needs to be re-crhomed since the rest seems to be surface rust that came through very very small pinholes in the chrome like some people had said about crome bike parts & frames?
    Beavis & Butthead 2011.

Mat.... ask someone to buy you a full membership for Christmas.... there's plenty of information like that in the other areas

Just pulling your leg mate.....John posted this recently, Chrome is a question that comes up now and again.

"I have been using Chrome Guy in Whittier, Ca.Some of the folks that were here for the party will remember him, as he brought a five gallon keg of good homebrew beer. His prices are reasonable too."
    Everything's good!

OK does he take money orders, bikes are taking more money partly because most places that have the cheaper parts are too far away and will not take money orders since stuff like paypal came along?

I know I keep puting off my full membership and I haven't sent your Fury Ad to $$$$$$ to be in your car when you get it since all this stuff happening although I hope to send it to him soon, also he is busy with the great looking truck to send the V but I will send the ad, when he gets the time send me the V and when I get the V I will mail how much it cost him to send it in the mail.
    Beavis & Butthead 2011.

No rush mate, just joking, money's tight for everyone at the moment.
    I just got a $2000 credit card bill...... that was a shocker.
    I'm just concerned that by not being a full member, you can't see all the big Knockers posted in the adult's section.

Send Earl a PM, he's from FLA, check out the member's Business section, he ought to be there and will know of someone in your area that can help.
    Everything's good!

Captain Bionic Grandpa of AUS OzySteve's Avatar
    $2000 credit card bill..........wanna swap!!!!
    Build it yourself, then at least you know it will be right.

Why I don't care for credit cards, just more trouble than they help you for stuff to get through online stores and such.

Beavis & Butthead 2011.

I might be getting another Spaceliner that I put an offer on which is rideable but someone painted OD Green over the chrome, then put multiple speeds on it and put a different tank on it then the original.
    Beavis & Butthead 2011.

I got another Spaceliner but a little more complete but not original which some guys said the way it's done is called a Klunker bike meaning like a bike made for off road which was the forefather of mountain bikes in the 1970's made from bikes from 30's-40's and 50's, done in OD green.

Beavis & Butthead 2011.

I don't ever re\call seeing a bike like that. Were they very popular?

---John

I didn't know about those type of custom done bikes until I posted the bike at a bike forum, apperently they were popular back in the 70's and 80's which led to the current mountain bikes.
    Beavis & Butthead 2011.

When I was a kid, we didn't need no stinking mountain bikes. We would ride the granny bikes on the same trails as we rode our bmx bikes. Granny bikes were fun to ghost ride!

The new mountain bikes are kick ass though. Light, strong, awesome.

are you making this one a Christine Clone?

Christine Bicycle with mud grips, no fenders. Will it have the ringer bell?

No I'm not going to Christine that bike but I might want to sell the first Spaceliner maybe I don't know to finish my Christine bike which just needs a nut & bolt, bottom bracket, the seat and the red paint.
    Beavis & Butthead 2011.

I cleaned off some areas of big rust on the first Spaceliner and the chrome is very pitted so I won't be able to fix it without getting it rechromed, painted or selling it to someone that can do their own chroming so it's a loss for me.
    Beavis & Butthead 2011.

I wished I had Paypal, the tank that would go on the green bike and it's so freaking close.

I wished it was put on craigslist instead.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...category=35558
    Beavis & Butthead 2011.