Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 71

Thread: '59 Dodge Custom Royal hardtop

  1. #41
    Post a burnout video.

  2. #42
    I can drink Gasoline and Piss on a Bush Fire Rebels-59's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    East of England , UK
    Posts
    18,086
    Quote Originally Posted by big m View Post
    I got tags and insurance yesterday, so the Dodge is officially back on the road!

    ---John
    Not Like... !!!!!!!!!!

    OK, I will let you keep her a few Months but that is IT.. Do the right thing Man, You have too many Projects to Complete..

    Maybe i should call M,lisa..

    Clive

  3. #43
    ICC MEMBER big m's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Williams, Ca.
    Posts
    5,921
    LMAO Clive!

    I spent the weekend doing some sprucing up on the Dodge, I buffed out the old oxidized paint, and color sanded the front group that had been repainted [poorly] and got a good shine out of the paint. I replaced the bent grill bar and a couple small damaged pieces of trim, she looks much better now!
    After cleaning the compound off, I overhauled the headlght switch, using pieces from other switches, as the dash lights did not work before. All electrical is in good working order now! Also, rebuilt the heater valve, so I will have heat in the car too. Slowly getting some of these things out of he way to get back on the convertible.
    ---John

    Big M Auto-

    "We buy junk, and sell antiques"
    ICC member since just after dirt, but before baseball.

  4. #44
    I can drink Gasoline and Piss on a Bush Fire Rebels-59's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    East of England , UK
    Posts
    18,086
    Thanks John,
    She is looking Real Good.. Can you just add the Hood Ornament / Dual Antenna,s and Correct Caps.

    Will she make the Trip from Yours to New Jersey next Year when i come over to Collect, as want to Drive across the States to see Family..

    ....

  5. #45
    Beautiful
    Beavis & Butthead 2011.

  6. #46
    ICC MEMBER SavoyPlaza's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Georgia Deep South
    Posts
    6,310
    Easy, Clive! You're fogging up MY screen!

    She does look good, Mista J!
    Pete
    "Stick with me, kid, and you'll have horse turds as big as diamonds."

  7. #47

  8. #48
    Moderator DVJohn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Alberta Canada
    Posts
    10,493
    Amazing what some elbow grease can do...........

  9. #49
    What John hasn't told anyone was that I jumped his a s s about buying another car. I told him he had too many and that something had to go. So without my knowledge he registered the Dodge in my name.

    I have named her Brutus, because she is so pink she needs a masculine name. I have started driving her to work once a week.

    The other part of the story he hasn't told is that Christine is pi**ed off!

    John was working on Brutus getting her running and then driving her to work a coupl of times. So on a Saturday he decided to clean Christine and take her to a car show. We made it one mile south of home and she backfired twice and quit running. Had to call Big Al and have him tow us home with a tow rope. John went out in to the yard to find a coil, he put three on and she wouldn't run. So we took Brutus on her maiden voyage and drove her to Roseville (her old stomping grounds) to the show and home.

    John bought a new coil for Christine just before we went to Disney World. He put it in her and she ran but wouldn't go in to gear so he and Little John pushed her further in to the barn. I looked down at the floor and noticed a puddle of red. I told John that he was in big trouble cause she just wan't pi**ed, but she was PMS-ing.

    We got back home and John put the new coil in her, added tranny fluid (he can't find where the leak is) and she ran great for a couple of days. Until he buffed Brutus the other day. Coil went out again and now he can't get her to start or run at all.

    M'Lisa
    Just an Oldsfashioned girl with a 69 Hurst Olds, a 59 Desoto Firesweep Convertible and a 2008 Desoto Adventurer.

  10. #50
    ICC MEMBER SavoyPlaza's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Georgia Deep South
    Posts
    6,310
    Hell hath no Fury like a woman scorned.

    Ya know, I thought Furys were supposed to be jealous of other women, not Dodges?!?

    Pete
    "Stick with me, kid, and you'll have horse turds as big as diamonds."

  11. #51
    I can drink Gasoline and Piss on a Bush Fire Rebels-59's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    East of England , UK
    Posts
    18,086
    Quote Originally Posted by oldsmochic View Post
    What John hasn't told anyone was that I jumped his a s s about buying another car. I told him he had too many and that something had to go. So without my knowledge he registered the Dodge in my name.

    I have named her Brutus, because she is so pink she needs a masculine name. I have started driving her to work once a week.

    The other part of the story he hasn't told is that Christine is pi**ed off!

    John was working on Brutus getting her running and then driving her to work a coupl of times. So on a Saturday he decided to clean Christine and take her to a car show. We made it one mile south of home and she backfired twice and quit running. Had to call Big Al and have him tow us home with a tow rope. John went out in to the yard to find a coil, he put three on and she wouldn't run. So we took Brutus on her maiden voyage and drove her to Roseville (her old stomping grounds) to the show and home.

    John bought a new coil for Christine just before we went to Disney World. He put it in her and she ran but wouldn't go in to gear so he and Little John pushed her further in to the barn. I looked down at the floor and noticed a puddle of red. I told John that he was in big trouble cause she just wan't pi**ed, but she was PMS-ing.

    We got back home and John put the new coil in her, added tranny fluid (he can't find where the leak is) and she ran great for a couple of days. Until he buffed Brutus the other day. Coil went out again and now he can't get her to start or run at all.

    M'Lisa
    I have told John on Numerous occasions to just Flip the Dodge , I said you would be Pissed in him wanting to Keep It, Dont fall for the old " But it is for You Dear ", Registration in your Name is just to keep the Peace,
    He needs to" Fin down the Family " and get to work on the 59 Plym and " YOUR " 59 Desoto..
    Christine has Every Right to be Pissed, No Child likes to be Ignored.. I am with you on this M,Lisa..

    Do the Right thing John,
    Or you will have M,Lisa / Me and Christine on your Back...

  12. #52
    Ah jeeze...just send the Fury to me! Why worry about having to do any work? Or you can send me the Dodge...or actually any car you want. LOL

  13. #53

    Cool

    Well, since John keeps driving Brutus, I guess I'll have to find him something else to drive. http://youtu.be/_XZn0Jz_D2k

    M'Lisa
    Just an Oldsfashioned girl with a 69 Hurst Olds, a 59 Desoto Firesweep Convertible and a 2008 Desoto Adventurer.

  14. #54
    I can drink Gasoline and Piss on a Bush Fire Rebels-59's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    East of England , UK
    Posts
    18,086
    Quote Originally Posted by oldsmochic View Post
    Well, since John keeps driving Brutus, I guess I'll have to find him something else to drive.

    M'Lisa
    Hey M,lisa,,, Dont let John Bully you, It is registered to YOU so is Yours,,

    Maybe YOU should just Sell It..

    I may know of a Buyer between me and you..

  15. #55
    ICC MEMBER BadBoyKurza's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Melbourne, Australia
    Posts
    1,923
    enjoyed the progress, now how much do you want for her, i mean, whatever it is its not enough

  16. #56
    I'm thinking that next Friday my sister and I may take her shopping on Black Friday. Definitely be able to find her in a crowded parking lot!

    M'Lisa
    Just an Oldsfashioned girl with a 69 Hurst Olds, a 59 Desoto Firesweep Convertible and a 2008 Desoto Adventurer.

  17. #57
    ICC MEMBER SavoyPlaza's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Georgia Deep South
    Posts
    6,310
    Be sure John takes his purse and earrings out before you take the car.

    Pete
    "Stick with me, kid, and you'll have horse turds as big as diamonds."

  18. #58
    ICC MEMBER big m's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Williams, Ca.
    Posts
    5,921
    LMAO! Pete!!!

    ---John
    Big M Auto-

    "We buy junk, and sell antiques"
    ICC member since just after dirt, but before baseball.

  19. #59
    Moderator Imperial King's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    United States of America
    Posts
    8,872
    Quote Originally Posted by SavoyPlaza View Post
    Be sure John takes his purse and earrings out before you take the car.

    Pete
    Oh Snap Peter!
    Go outside and enjoy life.

  20. #60
    John

    You have my address to ship this car I believe it will be alot less work than mine lol

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •