Page 42 of 42 FirstFirst ... 32404142

Thread: Doobster's Christine

Sorry to hear about your mother in law, Lee.

\Thanks for your update, and stay safe!!

---John
    Big M Auto-

"We buy junk, and sell antiques"
    ICC member since just after dirt, but before baseball.

Quote Originally Posted by Doobster View Post
    Mopar Mel contacted me recently and is hopefuly now shipping some parts over......
    "MOPAR MEL" !!!!????? WTF???

Sorry to hear about your mother-in-law, Lee.....but glad to see you back.

I'm retiring this month and hope to get back onto my Christine build. Full intend to get you that headlight out of my tightly packed crates - haven't forgotten.
    Captain Keep-On-Thread strikes again!!!

My sympathies go to your family Lee.
    Go outside and enjoy life.

Thanks guys.
    The funeral is on Wednesday, there are so many restrictions thanks to the virus, a difficult day is going to be made even more difficult by the rules that are being imposed on the service and the venue thanks to this pandemic.

Geoff, I thought I'd posted about Mel a few months back (and thanks for remembering about the lamp mate).

About a year ago Mel emailed me on FL to say he'd regretted keeping my money etc.
    He was retiring and had found a post of mine on FL and had been doing some reflecting.

I put my cards on the table and said fine, I could do with the money being returned as my paintwork needs sorting.

It was a very cordial "conversation" , a lot of water has gone under the bridge (EG D.Taylor) since my initial encounter with Mel (14 years ago now!).

Mel didn't return the money but has sent me over a few parts to assist.
    He contacted me again a few weeks ago asking if I needed any more bits.

Hopefully some spark plug lead holders for a poly 318 are now on their way and should dress the engine much neater.
    Last edited by Doobster; 04-06-2020 at 01:27 PM. Reason: spelling.
    Everything's good!

Quote Originally Posted by Doobster View Post
    Thanks guys.
    The funeral is on Wednesday, there are so many restrictions thanks to the virus, a difficult day is going to be made even more difficult by the rules that are being imposed on the service and the venue thanks to this pandemic.

Geoff, I thought I'd posted about Mel a few months back (and thanks for remembering about the lamp mate).

About a year ago Mel emailed me on FL to say he'd regretted keeping my money etc.
    He was retiring and had found a post of mine on FL and had been doing some reflecting.

I put my cards on the table and said fine, I could do with the money being returned as my paintwork needs sorting.

It was a very cordial "conversation" , a lot of water has gone under the bridge (EG D.Taylor) since my initial encounter with Mel (14 years ago now!).

Mel didn't return the money but has sent me over a few parts to assist.
    He contacted me again a few weeks ago asking if I needed any more bits.

Hopefully some spark plug lead holders for a poly 318 are now on their way and should dress the engine much neater.
    So the old goat is still not true to his word. The only reason he is pretending to want to make reparations is because his grand-children have been reading all the negative posts about their lovely old grandad and realising what a crook he really is. A couple of years back one of his offspring posted that the kids were upset to read that lots of people had been robbed by their grandad and had told him not to upset people.

Still, "a crook is a crook and crooked leopards don't change their dodgy spots".....or something like that. (I'm sure I read that saying in a book of proverbs).

Here's the latest.

My engine is rebuilt and back in, Dean started her for the first time last week and says she sounded sweet.

He's going to take her for a spin to check out any issues and I asked him to stop by his paint guy to give me an idea on how much it'd be to sort all the paint issues she now has thanks to DTs poor workmanship.

I hope to post some pictures here again very soon.
    Everything's good!

Brilliant Lee. Please by all means, keep us up to speed as things get sorted out. A few pictures here and there would be fine too.

Hey Lee, your a trooper for hanging in there and finishing your car, the cost is probably almost doubled with what having to
    redo what that perv did...
    I didnt have the patience or funds to do the same.....
    Best to you Lee and all you other folk too, miss you............

Lee, John....(and Ed)....posting again on the ICC. That rolls back the years somewhat. Just like the good ole days!!!! WEEEHEEEE!!

I say Geoff, isn't Lee a nice bloke for sharing with us?

Quote Originally Posted by Imperial King View Post
    I say Geoff, isn't Lee a nice bloke for sharing with us?
    We are ALL nice blokes.....you and Johhny Oil can be honorary English Gentlemen as far as we are concerned.

You just have to learn how to say "aluminium" properly in a posh voice.

I say you crack me up old chap!

Captain Bionic Grandpa of AUS OzySteve's Avatar
    great to read all this conversation, ,the good ole days for sure.

Sorry to read about your mum in Law Lee....thats sad and difficult with all the covid shit.

We lost a dear old family friend a few weeks ago too, we were able to watch the live stream of the service all the way from the UK.

Pleased to hear you are getting your car sorted and removing the traces of that criminal.
    Build it yourself, then at least you know it will be right.