Page 34 of 44 FirstFirst ... 243233343536 ... LastLast

Thread: Doobster's Christine

Chrissy, how can YOU say that!?!

You know I hold you close to my heart at all times....I'm perfectly nice, always!
    Captain Keep-On-Thread strikes again!!!

Quote Originally Posted by billy whizz View Post
    Chrissy, how can YOU say that!?!

You know I hold you close to my heart at all times....I'm perfectly nice, always!
    Yes you are. I wouldn't change a thing.

Lee can you post some more recent pics of your car? Haven't seen it in awhile! :)
    Ty
    Best smell in the world, except maybe for $+%|

Quote Originally Posted by crazy58fury View Post
    Lee can you post some more recent pics of your car? Haven't seen it in awhile! :)
    Ty
    Lee doesn't get to see his Christine much.....he works long hours during the day and she's out late most nights....on her own!

Dead teenagers cropping up all over sleepy Tiptree.....?

Quote Originally Posted by billy whizz View Post
    Lee doesn't get to see his Christine much.....he works long hours during the day and she's out late most nights....on her own!

Dead teenagers cropping up all over sleepy Tiptree.....?
    LOL! Lee's gatta keep a handle on her more often then lol!
    Ty

Wonder if she does requests?

I can drink Gasoline and Piss on a Bush Fire Rebels-59's Avatar
    The Full Members Thread of Lee's Build has lots more PICs and maybe info,, But hasnt been updated since 2013

http://internationalchristineclub.ne...er-s-Christine

Quote Originally Posted by Rebels-59 View Post
    The Full Members Thread of Lee's Build has lots more PICs and maybe info,, But hasnt been updated since 2013

http://internationalchristineclub.ne...er-s-Christine
    :) we need some up to date pics lol:)
    Ty

This weas Lee's car on the way home late last night.....

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	christine11lo1.4804.jpg 
Views:	56 
Size:	46.9 KB 
ID:	11142

Interestingly enough, Lee himself has transformed from looking a bit like Arnie when he first started this quest to what he looks like now: Darnell.

Pete
    "Stick with me, kid, and you'll have horse turds as big as diamonds."

I parked Christine up back in September and had a break for a few months due to my work load and the fact that I'd spent so much time tinkering with her last year.
    At that time she'd been so temperamental that I asked Dean to pop by for a good chat.

I had two options... the first was the unthinkable and not an option.... so she's a keeper and I'll do what ever's needed to get her reliable.

It's a struggle but I've raised some money and have some savings that I can fall back on but really don't want to do that unless absolutely necessary.

Dean said he'll help me rebuild the engine and help get to the bottom of her repeated timing issues.
    His newly restored Silver Special will be presented for all to see at a local show on my birthday in July,
    it'd be great to be able to join him then.

He's also very kindly agreed to start work on the rebuild soon so as to be ready on time.
    He'll do it as soon as a couple of other projects he's working on have been done.
    And also kindly agreed to run the project as a kind of turn key build to help me out financially.

I'll do any bits as and when I can to help.

I've started by removing the Alternator, Fuel and Steering Pump, exhaust manifolds, Carbs... etc.
    The radiator is ready to lift out and she's up on jacks all ready to go.

Here she is:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Dean start..jpg 
Views:	14 
Size:	93.6 KB 
ID:	11413
    Last edited by Doobster; 04-15-2016 at 03:27 PM.
    Everything's good!

Big move Doob....but the only way to dispell all the doubt and get some peace of mind.

So you having just the Short Block done then Lee,, As your Heads were previously rebuilt from memory by another shop , Not DT

Im looking forward to this engine as its been a royal pain in the arse!! I wonder what it actually is, 318 301, maybe even a 277??????? I will be going through the heads aswell Clive just to be sure while its all apart. Plus will be nice for Lee to actually enjoy this car!!

Quote Originally Posted by christineuk View Post
    Im looking forward to this engine as its been a royal pain in the arse!! I wonder what it actually is, 318 301, maybe even a 277??????? I will be going through the heads aswell Clive just to be sure while its all apart. Plus will be nice for Lee to actually enjoy this car!!
    Yeah will be nice to know for sure, From memory the heads were 318, just cannot remember if it has supposed to had Hardened seats when the heads were Allegedly rebuilt..

Good man, Dean. I hate Doobs hasn't been able to run Christine without trepidation. Sounds like a good move in the right direction!
    Pete
    "Stick with me, kid, and you'll have horse turds as big as diamonds."

Quote Originally Posted by SavoyPlaza View Post
    trepidation.
    I had to google that...........

Great move Lee and Dean, get all the DT remanence out of the ol girl.......He took in my running engine and when he was done it was not running and locking up.

Quote Originally Posted by DVJohn View Post
    I had to google that...........

Get all the DT remanence out of the ol girl.......He took in my running engine and when he was done it was not running and locking up.
    I rest my case.

Captain Bionic Grandpa of AUS OzySteve's Avatar
    i asked before, ,is there any hope of finding a second unit and building that up, , then pull the whatever is in Lees....

at least you would know what it is before you start

good plan whatever you decide.......
    Build it yourself, then at least you know it will be right.

I did have a good 318 that came in my belvy (christine, one day!) but sold it ages ago. Would be great to have the space to just store large parts 'just in case'.