Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 68 Stingray Restore

Cool John, too bad you don't have one for parts and I hope I can get it done but no more luck yet on parts for this or every other bike I have.

I have been riding a bike around looking for what people throw away but no luck for me anyways because I went by one place with stuff in a pile including a few bike parts and a little old kids trike maybe from the 60's/70's but I think those are what the guy at that house got for himself for scrap to get money for.
    Beavis & Butthead 2011.

Just my luck the front wheels axle is too big for my springer fork.
    Beavis & Butthead 2011.

My dad had a 68 Stingray, quite a body change from the traditional vette at the time.

I speak French in German.

If I had one of those I would have sold it to get a 58 Plymouth by now.
    Beavis & Butthead 2011.

I have sent a USPS money order to get an NOS Troxel brand banana seat that is black with red flames and a number 1 in the flames. I will get pictures when I get but it will not be here for a week or two if not more.
    Beavis & Butthead 2011.

Here are some pictures, had a piece of paper inside the had Item 1 Banana Seat l Item 1 Extra Banana Seat total how much I paid.

Beavis & Butthead 2011.

Will be a nice bicicle Matt.I remember when I was 14,15 yo and go to every place in town just using my bike,today I recognize that it is the best exercise to do,keep the good health.
    After the first car the things changed, you goes anywhere near or far with it,miss the days when things were simple like riding a bike.

You're making progress, Matt!

---John
    Big M Auto-

"We buy junk, and sell antiques"
    ICC member since just after dirt, but before baseball.

Thank you both very much.
    Beavis & Butthead 2011.

Great score Matt shes coming along nicely, that framestyle is what I had as a kid .

Cool, I have been trying to sell my 65 Stingray frame but no one yet.
    Beavis & Butthead 2011.

Done

Although it doesn't have grips this bike is done and ride real good, I used Lucas Oil Xtra heavy duty grease for work trucks, farm equipment for their high temps & high speed bearings that is green for my headset & crank.

Here are the pics.

Beavis & Butthead 2011.

Matt, was it the later sting rays that had the chrome fenders and the reflector under the rear of the bana seat?
    Go outside and enjoy life.

They had fenders for all years except maybe the late 70's early bmx versions.
    Beavis & Butthead 2011.

Quote Originally Posted by ChristineFury View Post
    They had fenders for all years except maybe the late 70's early bmx versions.
    Thanks for the clarification Matt. I loved those bikes a kid. I remember one of the bicycle stores was selling dragster type tires. I put one on my sting ray and thought I was cool beans.
    Go outside and enjoy life.

They still make slick bicycle tires today and even in 24 & 26 inch tires including black & white walls but are usually over $20 to even $60 or whatever.
    Beavis & Butthead 2011.