Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: 318fins 1958 Belvedere build

this is where Im at now,this was taken a couple days ago, was waiting on the seat floor brace,I made my own on the pass. side but since then they started to re-pop them so i went this route on the drivers,In the coming days ill do the floors,upper and outer rockers and put door back on,Then grinding lots of grinding smoothing and filling over the seams. Ill be happy when this is done because then its bodywork time.
    Last edited by 318Fins; 05-12-2012 at 08:21 AM.

[QUOTE=Movie Stunt Car;60696]These cars are a rare breed and difficult to work on. I am always happy to see the fine work being done to preserve them.,

Thanks Martin I like so many others am fascinated by your Christine story,And your Christine, Ive also been in love with these cars since I saw the Movie as a kid, Its the one car Ive never tired of.The work they require to obtain or restore is enormous indeed ,I do a little at a time ,this car has taught me patience.

I can drink Gasoline and Piss on a Bush Fire Rebels-59's Avatar
    Wow Carlos, You really like to get down and dirty.

Thanks for posting this build, I always enjoy watching members rides coming together..

Clive

Nice work.....but I must say, your two workshop assistants look as ruff as a dogs ar$e!!!

You have been blessed with patience Carlos. I love the product and your furry friends. What are their names?

BTW: (The name Edward /Eduardo means guardian of happiness. It look like your brother is living up to his name)
    Last edited by Imperial King; 05-12-2012 at 12:58 PM.
    Think outside the box. Use your imagination.

You guys will enjoy this because Carlos does real great work.
    Beavis & Butthead 2011.

Fantastic work Carlos, your are bringing that car back from the dead!
    I speak French in German.

Glad you are posting these photos of your build, Carlos! It shows I am not the only one crazy enough to tackle a complete rustbucket! LOL!

---John
    Big M Auto-

"We buy junk, and sell antiques"
    ICC member since just after dirt, but before baseball.

Quote Originally Posted by Rebels-59 View Post
    Wow Carlos, You really like to get down and dirty.

Thanks for posting this build, I always enjoy watching members rides coming together..

Clive
    Thanks Clive I do it in small sessions to avoid getting burned out,.I forgot to picture how much blast media came out of the body and frame easily 75plus pounds, that stuff gets everywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by billy whizz View Post
    Nice work.....but I must say, your two workshop assistants look as ruff as a dogs ar$e!!!
    Yes Id just given them a bath and he went and rolled around in the dirt ect..I bought them as a pair about 6 maybe 7 years ago theyre like a married couple...

Animal's are better to be with than most People!!!! LOL
    Go to: Christine Show Car on Facebook!

Quote Originally Posted by Imperial King View Post
    You have been blessed with patience Carlos. I love the product and your furry friends. What are their names?

BTW: (The name Edward /Eduardo means guardian of happiness. It look like your brother is living up to his name)
    Thank you,
    The one peeking in the car is Frijol (bean) I named him that because as a puppy he looked bean shaped,and the female in the background is Panna rat terriers/maybe mixed, I like small dogs as they tend to be very perceptive and quick. My younger brother Eduardo has showed me alot, He got me into welding hes done some very nice restos ,cutting up cars before was almost taboo for me. He also sings and plays drums ,and I play guitar.

Quote Originally Posted by ChristineFury View Post
    You guys will enjoy this because Carlos does real great work.
    Thank you soo much Matt.

Quote Originally Posted by big m View Post
    Glad you are posting these photos of your build, Carlos! It shows I am not the only one crazy enough to tackle a complete rustbucket! LOL!

---John
    Thanks John you know I had similiar thoughts when seeing some of these pics, I thought WTH am I doing ?the work and time invested ,cost is tremendous.One tends to forget how much work these take,with the passage of time , needless to say ive learned alot on this car, If I do this again Ill look for a cleaner one,theres a few things Id do differently,This will be a driver quality car, But I agree its a combination of having a screw loose and love for the car....

Quote Originally Posted by Evil 58 View Post
    Animal's are better to be with than most People!!!! LOL
    I agree Joe people can just be terrible.Complex personalities are not for me I like to keep things simple,Im a pretty mellow dude and try to entertain myself with projects that will hopefully reap a positive result. All the negativity,personality issues,stress- inducing behavior are almost, non existent with our K-9 freinds or animals in general.

Quote Originally Posted by 58 Ray View Post
    Fantastic work Carlos, your are bringing that car back from the dead!
    Thanks Ray, and to think when I first bought the car I said ahh not soo bad just needs a little work...

Quote Originally Posted by 318Fins View Post
    I agree Joe people can just be terrible.Complex personalities are not for me I like to keep things simple,Im a pretty mellow dude and try to entertain myself with projects that will hopefully reap a positive result. All the negativity,personality issues,stress- inducing behavior are almost, non existent with our K-9 freinds or animals in general.
    You know the old saying, "Lock your dog in the trunk for 30 minutes and your ol lady. Which one is happy to see you when you open the trunk?"

Wow! Most impressive, Carlos! I really enjoyed looking at your progress, and was a little relieved to see that you've been at it for so long. (I was thinking at first this was only a few months work!!) That can be key to a huge project like this, is to not get discouraged by the amount of time and sweat it takes. You've been doing great work!
    Thanks for posting this!
    Pete
    "Stick with me, kid, and you'll have horse turds as big as diamonds."

Quote Originally Posted by SavoyPlaza View Post
    Wow! Most impressive, Carlos! I really enjoyed looking at your progress, and was a little relieved to see that you've been at it for so long. (I was thinking at first this was only a few months work!!) That can be key to a huge project like this, is to not get discouraged by the amount of time and sweat it takes. You've been doing great work!
    Thanks for posting this!
    Pete
    Thank you Pete whenever someone vists they ask me how much longer and I tell them at least another year or 2 ,and thats if everything goes well, they think im joking,I am very happy im finishing up the hard stuff though, the only way I could do this faster is if it were a full-time job, Thanks Pete.