Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Big M Automotive

Big M Automotive

Project cars, parts cars, individual auto parts for sale from about 1000 cars currently on the lot.

The oldest car currently in stock is a 1931 Chevrolet, and the newest is a 1974 Plymouth Duster. Most vehicles are in the fifties and sixties.

I have several million parts already removed and on shelves from vehicles I have dismantled over the last thirty years as well. Some NOS inventory, but mostly for Ford products, and some Mopar.

Worldwide shipping is available for all parts and cars, through the most economical means.

We welcome browsers, car club tours, and photographers that just want to revisit a piece of Americana that is disappearing quickly.

We are located in the town of Williams, California, directly between the Sierra Nevada range, and the Pacific ocean in beautiful northern California. Call [530]473-2225 or e-mail for quick response.

Thanks to everyone for their past business, and also to future business dealings!!

---John

There's no shortage of people here that would recommend doing business with John at BigM.
    Everything's good!

John one heck of a good biz guy. Always great chatting with him on the phone over cars, parts. Very reasonable and timely.

I like that he shops for the best shipping price.......I'm getting metal delivered to the Rock in a combined package.

John has a great amount of knowledge when it comes to Forward Look cars and even more parts than knowledge.

I've purchased from John on several occasions and already know that I'll be going it again (and again). Knowing that Big M is operating and continually getting cars/parts is a great security blanket for those like me, trying to bring back a 50 year old car that's sat in a field for the last 30 years and needs the parts to do so.

Thanks for being there John, and for the honesty, and the parts at reasonable prices!
    “There’s only one God, ma’am, and I’m pretty sure he doesn’t dress like that.” -Captain America

Kasey, that is touching.

Big M said he was going to send me another bottle of Cow Camp but never did. -1
    I'm sending $ for a strut rod and I am enclosing extra $ for more Cow Camp. +1

I purchased a complete floor and trunk pan from John. He was great to work with. It's nice to know that when you need a hard to find part for your FL car you won't get bent over like some of the other vendors out there. I like that he takes Paypal too!

Thanks for the kind words, everyone.

Larry, sorry about the Cow Camp! I spaced it completely!

Todd, I finally got some pics up regarding the axle and seals, hope it will help you.

---John

The man at Big M knows what he's talking about when it comes to cars, and he won't do you wrong. He's always full of stories that will generally cause side-splitting. He has an amazing selection of antique automotive parts for most American brands, and a collection of restored cars and cars in progress that will blow your f'n mind.

What the hell is Cow Camp?
    "It was red and white--Chrysler never offered the 1958 Plymouth Fury in those colors; Rollie had gotten it custom-painted."

"I know thy works, and where thou dwellest, even where Satan's seat is: and thou holdest fast my name, and hast not denied my faith, even in those days wherein Antipas was my faithful martyr, who was slain among you, where Satan dwelleth."

I wouldn't be in business nor have been able to get many things done if it were not for the cars, parts, and not the very least tech information that John is always ready to give.

Yes John is the man, I have no problems in refering anyone to him whether it be mopar or other. I simply couldnt build my cars without him. cheers

John.
    As a fan of the Beach Boys, I always admired Woodys

Ever come across anything like this mate?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Up toJuly 2010 115.jpg 
Views:	8 
Size:	94.9 KB 
ID:	569
    Last edited by Doobster; 07-16-2010 at 10:59 PM.
    Everything's good!

Quote Originally Posted by INSATANSSEAT View Post

What the hell is Cow Camp?
    That Spice rub that John and I brought from California. It is a garlic salt sith other spices in it.

M'Lisa
    Just an Oldsfashioned girl with a 69 Hurst Olds, a 59 Desoto Firesweep Convertible and a 2008 Desoto Adventurer.

Thanks M'lisa! I don't know if I had a chance to sample it or not.
    "It was red and white--Chrysler never offered the 1958 Plymouth Fury in those colors; Rollie had gotten it custom-painted."

"I know thy works, and where thou dwellest, even where Satan's seat is: and thou holdest fast my name, and hast not denied my faith, even in those days wherein Antipas was my faithful martyr, who was slain among you, where Satan dwelleth."

John, how far are you from Concord CA mate?

I'm not saying anything at this stage but the may be a tiny possibility I could spend some time out there again someday.
    Everything's good!

Lee, Concord is pretty close to here, just about 60 miles towards San Francisco. Do let us know if you are coming, we'll take you out to see some of the sights nearby!

I missed your post about the woody wagons, when Dammit Jim was still alive I had two of his stored here that needed restoration, but he sold them before his death. There is always a chance that an unrestored one will pop up, but they are usually quite expensive.

---John

I guessed so John.
    I should think it would cost a few Bob to restore one too.
    ....someday maybe.

Fingers crossed I may make Concord again, I don't want to invite bad luck by discussing it but I've got something in the pipeline.

Even if I don't get out to Concord, I'll make California again someday.
    I'll give you a shout when i do.

Cheers!
    Everything's good!

Mucho De Goodo!

---John

Arggh, I knew I shouldn't have brought bad luck on.
    I had an informal chat with a manager of my old company two weeks ago about a job.

He want's me on board (it would've meant training in Concord) and went to his boss to try and get me in (Siemens).

His boss was concerned about taking someone on that was prepared to take a big paycut and wants someone a little closer to the centre of the UK.

Oh well, I'll have to keep searching.
    Everything's good!

Big M web Site!

http://www.bigmauto.com/ Contact Us

Here is a short history on Big M Automotive.
    John Fowlie has had an interest in antiques since he was a boy. Upon reaching his teens, he wanted a car from the 1950's, the bigger the fin the better! He finally settled on a 1956 Chevrolet and broadened his horizons afterwards.

After opening Advanced Automotive in 1985 he acquired a 1957 Mercury Convertible, and needed lots of parts to restore it. He cruised alleyways, junkyards, and by word of mouth, soon had 15 cars for parts. After restoring the Merc, many people wanted him to restore their vehicles. More parts cars were gathered and John began selling the spare parts in Hemmings Motor News.

In 1995, a decision was reached to sell the repair shop. The shop was sold in December of 1996.

John decided to open Big M Automotive in 1997 with Tom Indrieri, a friend he had met in Colusa, California while looking for parts cars. The two of them collected Mercury and Ford cars and parts, selling them and gathering more. Soon all cars from the 50's and 60's were being picked up and customers from around the world began buying them.

In 2000, John bought Tom's share of the business, and more property was purchased. The main office and parts warehouse is located north of downtown Williams, California, while the main yard is 1.5 miles south of downtown.

Currently there are 800-1000 cars for parts and others available for restoration. Good Clean Western Metal - the best there is! Because of the amount of cars, please be patient when leaving messages. He is the one man yard owner, receptionist, picker and packer.

John still ships worldwide and local. He takes pride in the quality of the parts that he sells, and is very honest in his descriptions of what he sells!

Click on the mailbox above to inquire on any parts you need or ask any questions that you may have. You'll always get a straight answer from him!

Big M Auto is located in Williams California, about 60 miles north of Sacramento and 100 miles south of Redding. You can see our yard from I-5. Yes, we are that Old Car Place off of I-5.

Here are the directions to find the office: From I-5 take the Williams exit. Turn west on to E Street for 0.4 miles. Turn right at the 3rd stop sign which will be 7th.St. Big M Automotive will be on your right about 0.5 miles up the street. To reach the yard from the office, go south on 7th Street for 1.5 miles. We will be on your left.

To find the yard from Sacramento, Take I-5 north to the Husted exit. Turn right on to Husted. At the stop sign turn left (north) for 0.8 miles. We will be on your right.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails big M Logo.jpg  
    "She'll Start, You'll Need These."