Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Brooks Masonry LLC

Brooks Masonry LLC

I do large and small jobs. From Army Corps jobs to patching a hole in your brick mailbox. Everything Masonry.

Today I was working on a patch job on the control tower at Ft Benning GA. Actually this is the 2nd day, started Friday.

The view of my truck from the genie lift, 75'

Larry, drove by Fort Benning... that place is soo built up now!

I knooooowww

Check dis, some industrial

We takey da 10' tall opening and makey da 12' tall opening. What's da big deal? 2' tall solid concrete bondbeam with mucho steel. We cutty da bond beam and extend da C channel frame and block up da holes. Of course we cross da opening with a new bond beam!

This is the first knockout block course(bond beam) to be followed by another knockout course of block with 3 #5's again to make a double bond beam. Pretty stout for a peanut warehouse. You can see where we extended the C channel framed opening up 2'. A lot of work for just 2' more clearance but if you ever worked around a bunch of people driving forklifts, you have to make the building and loading docks idiot proof.

Tony shoots another peace sign.

Of course when Tony and I finish patching the control tower, we will have to see how high the "Ultra Boom" will go.

Nice work mista Brooks. Ultra Boom probably reach the very top but your pictures will be the decider!
    I speak French in German.

Ray, you should know how high the Ultra Boom will go. What is the highest reach of a "genie lift". That is what I call them.

That JLG will go 120ft, you need a Genie 135...........booyah! That way you go up and over the top!

Last edited by 58 Ray; 07-17-2012 at 04:48 AM.
    I speak French in German.

Yeah, that would make the your knees get weak!!

Here's some whirly bird action. Scaffold and pulley.

Captain Bionic Grandpa of AUS OzySteve's Avatar
    you would never get me up in one of those things.....but i always thought you were high Larry.

interesting stuff mate..................
    Build it yourself, then at least you know it will be right.

Hoo-rah, it looks like fun work! The government jobs can be good, if you have an "in" where you can be paid consistently. My new house construction jobs have disappeared in the last 2 years, only the government and a few commercial jobs remain.
    Pete
    "Stick with me, kid, and you'll have horse turds as big as diamonds."

Not sure if I would rise , and still work in the highest!

Larry it is great to see ya getting up in the World!!!! Be safe Dude.
    Go to: Christine Show Car on Facebook!

Quote Originally Posted by Larry57Savoy View Post
    Yeah, that would make the your knees get weak!!

Here's some whirly bird action. Scaffold and pulley.

Larry is this home fairly new or historic?
    Think outside the box. Use your imagination.

Thats some pretty neat stuff Larry Id love to know how to do that Id give my house stone front,give it a new look, I do Foundation repair for a livin' been real slow this year though, Ive had good and bad years.

Good thread, Larry! I'm glad you're not of heights, I could never do those jobs!

BTW, I'm ready for that Brooks BBQ you are going to build for me here!

---John
    Big M Auto-

"We buy junk, and sell antiques"
    ICC member since just after dirt, but before baseball.

I would be shitting bricks if I was that high in the air!

Quote Originally Posted by 318Fins View Post
    Thats some pretty neat stuff Larry Id love to know how to do that Id give my house stone front,give it a new look, I do Foundation repair for a livin' been real slow this year though, Ive had good and bad years.
    Right on Carlos, mudjacking and helical anchors kinda stuff? Those guys make some loot but I'm sure not everyone can pay!

Quote Originally Posted by Imperial King View Post
    Larry is this home fairly new or historic?
    Fairly new, it leaks like crazy. My Y and her Dentist have me swap out Masonry work for teeth work. I didn't brick it. I just cut crap out and flash above windows, and fix flashing behind walls where valleys drain. A lot of leaky houses have been built in the last decade. Unskilled workers that weren't "taught" how to do Masonry work, they just do it and cause a lot of problems. Oh well.

Quote Originally Posted by big m View Post
    Good thread, Larry! I'm glad you're not of heights, I could never do those jobs!

BTW, I'm ready for that Brooks BBQ you are going to build for me here!

---John
    I'm building one of my friends a BBQ grill the end of this week. I'll take some pics. His will be totally different than mine.

Quote Originally Posted by 56royal View Post
    I would be shitting bricks if I was that high in the air!
    It's not really "high" its just the boomed out part and it bounces a few feet up and down and rocks and sways in the wind. That is the part that is hard to get used to. Easy to smash your hand and such in between the stage and a wall!!