Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: "Peggy Sue" - 1958 Plymouth Savoy

Excellent mate, thanks No mad rush so don't worry, she's rested up for the winter now so won't be moving for a while..

Well, some good movement in the right direction today! Numberplate brackets, mirror mounting plates, air filter housing and wheels have all gone in for powder-coating. The wheel bolts and bumper bolts/washers have been sandblasted, ready for rustproofing (primer/paint). Chrome mirrors, bases, lettering, and front bumper are all off the car ready for rechroming, back bumper and remaining chromework coming off on Saturday then I'll be getting some prices.

I also need to get a whitewall for the spare.. Anyone know the cheapest place to get Coker Classics in the North West UK?

Northants tyres are the only place to go mate.

Here's what you want.............

http://www.northhantstyres.com/bias-tyres/G78-14.html
    http://internationalchristineclub.net/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=39&dateline=129736665  61986-2016
    30 Years of Tossin' on with owld Shite!!!!

That's what I was of, lol. Thanks for the link!

New blank gauge arrived today in the post.. Big Props to Big M! Perfect condition and supplied with screws, will finish off the dash pod perfectly.

Ok, so.. Updates.

Blank arrived, as above, and now fitted. Finished off the dash pod perfectly:

Air filter housing and wheels freshly powdercoated:

And front/rear bumpers and brackets removed for rechroming/powdercoating:

And took a quick video of her running.. Just because it's been a few weeks and I was missing the sound of her engine..

http://s81.beta.photobucket.com/user..._0870.mp4.html

All the engine service bits have just arrived from Rockauto, apart from the gasket set which I need to order. I also need to get a whitewall for the spare wheel, which has also been powdercoated, so that's next

Last edited by tehdrok; 11-05-2012 at 05:26 PM.

Lookie good, Ryan! It will hurt you when you scrape those rims putting the hubcaps back on!

Very nice!!
    Pete
    "Stick with me, kid, and you'll have horse turds as big as diamonds."

Well, I get most of my powdercoating for free, thankfully! So I can always get them done again in the future That being said, not 100% sure the caps are going to go back on with all those weights on the front wheel..!

Bumper brackets and clips all going in to get blasted and coated in the next two weeks.. Bolts all getting blasted and painted, too. Hopefully I'll get a chance to give the old girl a service before Xmas, weather permitting.. Got a few urgent rust bits to take care off, too; Not 100% with my painting skills so might enlist a professional for that job..

Next year.. Hopefully interior changes (paint, dash refurb, dash gauge perspex, carpets, doorcards, seats, rear shelf, seatbelts..), a respray (money permitting) and stainless exhaust system.

Anyone know of any good stainless full system suppliers?

A good wheel balancer should be able to balance your wheels using stick on weights on the inside mate.

Not on the rim but just behind the face of the wheel if that makes any sense.

The 22's on my truck have no ugly weights on the outside, they are balanced behind the spokes.
    http://internationalchristineclub.net/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=39&dateline=129736665  61986-2016
    30 Years of Tossin' on with owld Shite!!!!

My Dad has a wheel balancing machine and tried that, but couldn't do it.. I forget why..

I'll look into it next time I have the wheels off

Looking good, I will check that gasket set now while I remember!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by christineuk View Post
    Looking good, I will check that gasket set now while I remember!!!!
    Cheers Dean.. TBH I forgot about that, lol.

O.K, I have a victor reinz full engine gasket set here, the only seals missing are the intake manifold ones. Let me know if this is any use.

Sure, may be of some use, how much are you looking for?

hi great looking plymouth,really nice colour too.

i thought it looked fimilair,seen plenty of video's on youtube.

It's going to be for sale soon. Tehdrok doesn't know it yet.....
    Think outside the box. Use your imagination.

Quote Originally Posted by Imperial King View Post
    It's going to be for sale soon. Tehdrok doesn't know it yet.....
    ..???

Quote Originally Posted by 1957 lsk 212 View Post
    hi great looking plymouth,really nice colour too.

i thought it looked fimilair,seen plenty of video's on youtube.
    Thanks Yeah, the videos were mostly the work of her previous owner Adam (Also a member on here). He's done a great job with her up to now and I hope to carry on the process of getting her back to 100%.

Thats's the boot done. New paint, new carpet, just waiting on the spare wheel clamp and new tyre :-)

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	boot1.jpg 
Views:	10 
Size:	89.1 KB 
ID:	7481

Dash up next. Primmed and ready for re-spray. Man it took me ages to mask off all those dash bits !

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Dash1.jpg 
Views:	11 
Size:	93.7 KB 
ID:	7482Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Dash2.jpg 
Views:	12 
Size:	96.3 KB 
ID:	7483