Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Bloodhound's Christine

Bloodhound's Christine

One step closer. 350GC and drivetrain are in and front clip will be permanently fit shortly then it's on to paint. Only been 9 years comin!

Looking good. Is that the old Belvedere with the bottom you painted red years ago?

Last edited by Blood_Hound1958; 10-09-2013 at 12:11 AM. Reason: Libel

I can drink Gasoline and Piss on a Bush Fire Rebels-59's Avatar
    Looks great Wayne,,

What time frame do you have in mind for the Paint and finished build ..

Wayne!

Thanks Clive & Ely. I hope to (Pushing Extremely Hard) have her done by next spring or driveable at the very least. I'm neck deep into the Factory A/C system now. The plan is to restore and retrofit the factory in dash system for use with R134a with a completely modern and more efficient system firewall forward. I'll be customizing a bracket for a low profile sanden compressor to be mounted under the generator....

Step one of the A/C assembly restoration is complete. Here is what my A/C blower motor housing and heater core cover looked like when salvaged. As you can see we had nothing but a rough foam to start with on the blower motor housing and a severely damaged cover. It had several holes, large cracks and broken mounts. Note how much larger the factory A/C specific housings are? This is the model 902 as opposed to the 705 we're so accustomed to seeing....

Wow, I was wondering why you weren't just saying "heater box". So the blower motor is sealed? Never seen one before!

It's intricate alright Larry. This will no doubt be the most challenging part of the build. The "Plenum" which consists of the heater core and evaporator with actuating door is what I'm working on now. The actuator that controlls the doors is a deusy. Of all things it operated on oil pressure as opposed to being electric or vacuum operated. From what I've researched a high pressure line was connected near the oil pressure sending unit to a cylinder in the engine compartment. From there it was controlled electrically allowing the pressurized oil to operate the cylinder under the dash. The cylinder then has an outlet for a return line that ran to the back of the driver side valve cover. I have no intention of doing the same thing. I'm working on converting to vacuum using later model mopar parts. Once finished I can permanently install it along with the A/C cover and heavy duty blower motor!

Last edited by Blood_Hound1958; 10-06-2013 at 02:37 AM.

The old Plymouths were made to last, and I hope that you will have a good time restoring her and you will have a great car to drive when it is done! I hope I can get my Savoy when I get the cash, I want one so bad I would put myself in debt for it!

Interesting progress Lil' Wayne.
    Think outside the box. Use your imagination.

Wow, that is complex. I would just squirt some wd-40 on it and stick in back in the firewall.

Quote Originally Posted by Nathan Brown View Post
    The old Plymouths were made to last, and I hope that you will have a good time restoring her and you will have a great car to drive when it is done! I hope I can get my Savoy when I get the cash, I want one so bad I would put myself in debt for it!
    Actually these cars weren't made to last at all lol. Factory put them together bare metal and a lot of them depending on where you lived were rusted out completely by 1960. They 57-58 plymouths were especially bad for rusting out on the eyebrows quick.

Last edited by Blood_Hound1958; 10-09-2013 at 12:12 AM. Reason: Libel

Your car is really getting close now, Wayne. Looks good!!

---John
    Big M Auto-

"We buy junk, and sell antiques"
    ICC member since just after dirt, but before baseball.

WOW! Graced with the presence of DV John himself! LOL! How you doin John? I just checked the members rides section and can't find the thread on your car. I'd like to see how it turned out.

Theres nothing here...........Its all on Facebook...
    All pics and restoration projects have been moved to FB.

Quote Originally Posted by big m View Post
    Your car is really getting close now, Wayne. Looks good!!

---John
    Thanks John! Just received the fender bracket you sent! Thank you for the help! I appreciated your phone call today as well. Sorry I couldn't talk long as I was working! :)

I'm sure you guys have seen Jim Rawa's instrument cluster restorations. I recently sent him mine along with my radio. He did an over the top job and I look forward to getting it back. Still waiting for the trim ring from the chromer so I can send it to him. I imagine it will look even better with the light reflecting back on the face once the new glass is in! His idea for the gauges and his face plate quality will never be surpassed.

BEFORE

AFTER

Last edited by Blood_Hound1958; 10-09-2013 at 12:24 AM.

great stuff,

how bright are the original dash lights supposed be though
    Build it yourself, then at least you know it will be right.

Wow,Wayne your anxiety has a real good reason!