Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Bloodhound's Christine

Quote Originally Posted by OzySteve View Post
    great stuff,

how bright are the original dash lights supposed be though
    Definitely not this bright Steve. Fortunately Jim has made them dimmable with the headlight switch.

Captain Bionic Grandpa of AUS OzySteve's Avatar
    I thought so..........mine are no where near as bright as your's
    Build it yourself, then at least you know it will be right.

I decided to get started on restoring my pushbutton shifter while I wait for a few parts. I had a clean mint one saved but it wound up going into my four door. This is the only one I could find and Chaney was nice enough to hook me up. It was rough, very rusty etc. After a good cleaning and glass beading she came right back and has since been coated in zinc to prevent rusting of the oh so delicate springs. I'm going to try and chrome the pushbutton covers rather than re-anodize. I have an NOS reverse light switch coming as well. Has anyone ventured to replace the press in rubber stops on one of these? SEE LAST PICTURE...

Speedo looks great Wayne!

Steve.... mine is as bright as that now ($$$$$$ never fitted the bright LEDs I bought and got to him).

I bought some great LEDs on eBay, cheap, about 10 small ones lined on a self adhesive strip.

I'm rewiring and smartening up my dash at the monent, I'll post some details soon having also gotten my Clock going.

Dean's going to help me recalibrate my speedo using a GPS soon too (maybe not the safest method).

Jim's resto's look brilliant, mine might not be as good but might be okay if you're on a budget.

Wayne, that shifter is a real attention to detail considering it's hidden.
    A good job well done!
    Last edited by Doobster; 10-10-2013 at 12:34 AM.
    Everything's good!

Thanks Lee. The LED's are striking and I am very happy with Jim's work. I decided to go with the gauges only because I didn't want to take any chances with the motor being NOS.

I thought so, mine is no where near that bright, but plenty bright enough though

yes, I agree, nice work................

Quote Originally Posted by Blood_Hound1958 View Post
    Thanks Lee. The LED's are striking and I am very happy with Jim's work. I decided to go with the gauges only because I didn't want to take any chances with the motor being NOS.
    Jim replaces all gauge faces etc. , mine were in good condition so I didn't think it necessary to change them.

The coils on them look good too, I got the clock going by soaking it so was pleased the speedo will look good at a minimal cost but I hope it doesn't go to pieces in a few years time.

One thing I did discover today.... don't change the indicator bulb for an LED, it needs a bulb.

I collected my speedo bezel yesterday too after having it chromed, it wasn't cheap but does look good.
    Everything's good!

Quote Originally Posted by Blood_Hound1958 View Post
    NOS and SURVIVOR are strong terms.

Wayne didn't you break that motor down? Is it still considered NOS or just another 350 b motor? Enquiring minds want to know.

I have one of those NOS reverse switches in the box. Kinda useless for my car.

Quote Originally Posted by Doobster View Post
    Jim replaces all gauge faces etc. , mine were in good condition so I didn't think it necessary to change them.

The coils on them look good too, I got the clock going by soaking it so was pleased the speedo will look good at a minimal cost but I hope it doesn't go to pieces in a few years time.

One thing I did discover today.... don't change the indicator bulb for an LED, it needs a bulb.

I collected my speedo bezel yesterday too after having it chromed, it wasn't cheap but does look good.
    Very good Lee. I was told that the "special oil" used on cuckoo clocks does wonders for the clocks as well. I made an original cluster also as I was undecided but have since decided to stick with Jim's. The other will be hitting ebay shortly.

Quote Originally Posted by Larry57Savoy View Post
    NOS and SURVIVOR are strong terms.

Wayne didn't you break that motor down? Is it still considered NOS or just another 350 b motor? Enquiring minds want to know.
    I did. That's how the discovery was made what seems like eons ago! LOL. Yes it is still considered NOS (The only one in existence in fact) as the castings have never been run. The crank, rods and pistons were cleaned and put right back in. I put in a Mopar Performance (now discontinued) cam, re-honed the cylinders, and replaced the bearings as several had locked up. The heads were simply cleaned and hardened valve seats installed then reassembled. If I recall correctly 2 valves were replaced as well thanks to corrosion from mice living in a few chambers! :)

I have one of those NOS reverse switches in the box. Kinda useless for my car.
    Are the wires still pliable?

It is perfecto, I would go so far as to call it....

a.....

Survivor

It is perfecto, I would go so far as to call it....

a.....

Survivor
    How much do you want for it? Whatever it is its not enough! :)

HD 3 speed blower motor is now rebuilt and reinstalled in the housing along with glass beaded and zinc plated fan blade assy....

[

nice work Wayne..............good to see

Lovely renovation work mate!

Just out of interest's sake....anyone know what to do to that cast pipe to stop the surface oxidizing up again? Would clear lacquer do the trick?

im not sure of the intent of these posts, or to whom they are directed.

please keep this thread on topic

Steve
    Admin

I can drink Gasoline and Piss on a Bush Fire Rebels-59's Avatar
    ADMIN NOTICE..

Members Rides section is FULL PUBLIC to Guests / Visitors..

Moved posts from here can now be viewed in "OFF TOPIC" section. http://internationalchristineclub.ne...unds-Christine

Please keep ALL Public Section's on Topic and Clean..

As it stands right now the heater core is out to get recored and the Evaporator is on its way to Classic Auto Air in Tampa for conversion. I decided to change things up and work on the horns. With A/C the horns cannot be mounted behind the grille because the condenser takes up too much space. They are "stacked" at the front of the passenger side inner fender. I started breaking them down and stopped with the first one as it doesn't look promising. I'm going to drill out the rivets at the shop and study the design a bit more before I decide on a course of action. Has anyone endeavored to try and restore an autolite horn? How do you tell the difference between the high and low?

blimey...........some work getting those back in order

Quote Originally Posted by OzySteve View Post
    blimey...........some work getting those back in order
    You can say that again Steve. I just searched the forward look using the search system and I'm not coming up with anything. I thought for sure someone over there has been through this. I'm hoping that BigM or someone who knows how these things work will have some pointers. The corrosion doesn't scare me. Glass beading will make a huge difference. It's what I can't see that concerns me. Plus I don't feel like dropping $300.00 to have them restored professionally. THE HORN WORKS comes highly recommended though if I run out of options.

http://www.classiccarhorns.com/index.html