Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Martins 1958 Plymouth Fury - LIVING CHRISTINE Video

I can drink Gasoline and Piss on a Bush Fire Rebels-59's Avatar

Martins 1958 Plymouth Fury - LIVING CHRISTINE Video

Absolutely superb Video and MUST Watch

That is the coolest video around. Way to go, Martin!

Pete
    "Stick with me, kid, and you'll have horse turds as big as diamonds."

Captain Bionic Grandpa of AUS OzySteve's Avatar
    "arm out the window" why........because its cool..............

love it..............

great video and a nice guy
    Build it yourself, then at least you know it will be right.

This video made me so happy for Martin! He was the right person at the right place and right time. That car is part of the family.

Never realised it was manual 'til just now!!!
    http://internationalchristineclub.net/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=39&dateline=129736665  61986-2016
    30 Years of Tossin' on with owld Shite!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by 59CaddyHog View Post
    Never realised it was manual 'til just now!!!
    Same here! Pretty cool. I know nothing about the manual transmissions of that era. What do you guys think of them?

I like a manual transmission, especially in an old car. You've got more control (downshift, etc.) and no need to fix that pesky parking brake.

Pete
    "Stick with me, kid, and you'll have horse turds as big as diamonds."

I can drink Gasoline and Piss on a Bush Fire Rebels-59's Avatar
    I think a Lot of folk dont realise Martins Christine is a Manual Transmission.

I believe there is a Behind the Scenes story concerning one of the stunt drivers and not realising she was a manual, But cannot remember the full story as was told it many years ago.. I will try and find out waht happened and update..

Notice Martins Christine also has the Extra Door Locks on top of doors, For the scene at the Drive-in i think..

Good story. I think I speak for us to say we are proud of Martin.
    Think outside the box. Use your imagination.

That really is a great! Video, a must watch for Christine

I kinda teared up when he talked about his folks.. Outstanding car for an Outstanding guy!

Great video, Martin seems like a decent bloke too!

I was interested to see how Christine's rear seats obscure the Forward Look emblem just very slightly.

Mine does too, I thought it was the way the seat covers were stitched and how $$$$$$ had to work with what he had.

I'm happy to see that's normal for the car and I don't have to try and modify anything to improve where the emblem is placed.
    Everything's good!

Captain Bionic Grandpa of AUS OzySteve's Avatar
    what is that hole to the left of the radio.......
    Build it yourself, then at least you know it will be right.

A must watch video , Martin's a great guy !

Good video.

I love this video. It is almost like meeting him for real. He is a wonderful guy. He even showed the shadow box off I built for him. I had that genuine Christine V here at my house. Was hard to give it up when it was finished but loved the chance to do something for him. He has sent me some cool things as well.

Martin thank you for helping me enjoy and be a part of the whole Christine experience.

That's really great of you to have sent the shadow box to Martin, you are a class act Chrissy! He is the perfect owner for that car.

Steve. I noticed that hole also. Might have been an accessory switch easily reachable by the stunt driver. Flipping a switch to spray water on the rear tires would make sliding around considerably easier. My friend Kyle that passed away had a tank of bleach water mounted to the axle hump in his '73 challenger. The system used windshield washer nozzles to spray the tires.

I really like this Afficionauto channel.
    "It was red and white--Chrysler never offered the 1958 Plymouth Fury in those colors; Rollie had gotten it custom-painted."

"I know thy works, and where thou dwellest, even where Satan's seat is: and thou holdest fast my name, and hast not denied my faith, even in those days wherein Antipas was my faithful martyr, who was slain among you, where Satan dwelleth."

An outstanding video, well shot in crisp HD and a heartfelt honest interview with Martin, well done. A timeless peice

Quote Originally Posted by Rebels-59 View Post
    I think a Lot of folk dont realise Martins Christine is a Manual Transmission.

I believe there is a Behind the Scenes story concerning one of the stunt drivers and not realising she was a manual, But cannot remember the full story as was told it many years ago.. I will try and find out waht happened and update..

Notice Martins Christine also has the Extra Door Locks on top of doors, For the scene at the Drive-in i think..
    From what I they didn't know Martin's Car was a standard and it was once left in gear and some happen, When I think they started it up, not knowing it was in gear and I know rolled forward hitting something and I think it was stage equipment and they said to the car "Bad Christine"
    Lance C.