Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Christine Original Motion Soundtrack

I came up with a much cheaper alternative to the Christine movie soundtrack... The movie songs...

I have an iPod. iPod's are nice because now, you can actually buy a car radio that is Bluetooth and stream your iPod's songs over your car radio. What I am talking about is the aftermarket radios.
    So anyhow, you download songs onto the iPod off of iTunes. You can do it 2 ways- insert a music CD into your computer and download the songs onto iTunes and then onto your iPod (this way is free if you already have a music CD). I prefer doing it this way, also since I have a large collection of music CD's here.
    The other way is to buy songs off iTunes for about .99 cents each.

So since I didn't have any of the Christine movie songs on CD, I had to buy each individual song off iTunes. They were for about .99 cents each as most songs are on iTunes. So when I was done, it only cost me a few bucks. Much cheaper than the $100 plus dollars on E-bay. And I still have all of the movie songs, you can't tell the difference.
    Jackie

Quote Originally Posted by matte View Post
    I still remember the day I got my dad to take me to the music store when I stayed home from school. Hopefully the track listing can be seen in the photo size.Attachment 11026Attachment 11027

This is cool. Plus quite rare.
    Arnie Cunningham: Well, isn't that what you're supposed to do with sh*t? Scrape it up with a little shovel?

Arnie Cunningham - All of this because some drunk ran over that sh*tter Welch?

Arnie Cunningham - you just saddle up and ride along with all those other sh*tters.

Arnie Cunningham - 'Ung-ung-gooth-ung,'

Just found this website, which seems to list the songs and background music quite comprehensively:

http://www.fast-rewind.com/music_christine.htm

It has some of the modern versions of the classic rock n roll songs as used in the movie.

I always thought one of the best elements of the soundtrack was the switch from a 50's classic song to a modern cover version, usually while in Dennis's car.....like the two versions of "Not Fade Away".

Check the list out and see if it has everything.
    Captain Keep-On-Thread strikes again!!!

I've always like that scene with the transition of Not Fade Away.....
    George Costanza- Jerry, just remember, itís not a lie if you believe it.

I agree, its very cool how the movie did that with the late 50s songs to go with Christine's year, and then followed up by the current songs that you'd expect to hear/listen to then. The book did the same thing, only it got more in depth/more detail with it. What I mean is the book "played" more songs from the late 50s with Christine, and more current songs other times. It also explained that Arnie, before he bought Christine, he would listen to current songs, not like after he got Christine he only listened to the late 50s. Doing so, it also showed more of just how supernatural Christine was, cause a "normal" car, even if that other car was from the late 50s like Christine herself, wouldn't play the late 50s songs like Christine does.
    Jackie

Wonderful the way the music goes. :) clever. :)
    Arnie Cunningham: Well, isn't that what you're supposed to do with sh*t? Scrape it up with a little shovel?

Arnie Cunningham - you just saddle up and ride along with all those other sh*tters.

The Score has been remastered for Vinyl and is coming soon. I don't like the cover art that much. It says blue vinyl which should have been red. Unfortunately no Motion Picture Soundtrack with the songs.

https://www.amazon.com/Christine-Ori.../dp/B074HDGFZ7
    Beavis & Butthead 2011.

Pic:

.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	christinevinyllp2017.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	23.7 KB 
ID:	12745

Special offers and product promotions

Pre-order Price Guarantee! Order now and if the Amazon.com price decreases between your order time and the end of the day of the release date, you'll receive the lowest price. Here's how (restrictions apply)
    Check Out Our Turntable Store Need a new record player? Check out our turntable store for a great selection of turntables, needles, accessories, and more.

Editorial Reviews

This classic John Carpenter soundtrack returns fully remastered with an all-new fantastic original art design and on blue vinyl. There has been a tremendous upsurge in interest for John Carpenter's signature score compositions following the success of Carpenter's Lost Themes and Lost Themes II albums and subsequent tours.

Disc: 1
    1. Arnie's Love Theme (Side A)
    2. Obsessed With The Car (Side A)
    3. Football Run / Kill Your Kids (Side A)
    4. The Rape (Side A)
    5. The Discovery (Side A)
    6. Show Me (Side A)
    7. Moochie's Death (Side A)
    8. Junkins (Side A)
    9. Buddie's Death (Side A)
    10. Nobody's Home / Restored (Side B)
    11. Car Obsession (Reprise) (Side B)
    12. Christine Attacks (Plymouth Fury) (Side B)
    13. Talk On The Couch (Side B)
    14. Regeneration (Side B)
    15. Darnell's Tonight (Side B)
    16. Arnie (Side B)
    17. Undented (Side B)
    18. Moochie Mix Four (Side B)

Vinyl (September 29, 2017)
    Number of Discs: 1
    Format: Soundtrack
    Label: Varese Sarabande
    ASIN: B074HDGFZ7
    Average Customer Review: Be the first to review this item
    Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #569 in CDs & Vinyl (See Top 100 in CDs & Vinyl)

#44 in CDs & Vinyl > Soundtracks
    #540 in CDs & Vinyl > Pop
    "She'll Start, You'll Need These."

Cover art is blah to me too. Could of done better.

This site has a version of it specifically for them with mixed colors. Maybe someone else will have one in red.

https://www.newburycomics.com/collec...nt=45251298252
    Beavis & Butthead 2011.