Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7151617

Thread: Look what I Spotted.....

Quote Originally Posted by 58Belvedere View Post
    F4? Worked on them for years! They had 2 engines. J79ge15s. Pigs do fly.
    Now that's an eye opener Marc. The guy that selling the truck is nice and pretty honest. He's more of a biker than anything else.
    Think outside the box. Use your imagination.

Quote Originally Posted by Imperial King View Post
    Now that's an eye opener Marc. The guy that selling the truck is nice and pretty honest. He's more of a biker than anything else.
    Flying Brick; Phantom II:

.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	f412thamucommanndersjet.jpg 
Views:	4 
Size:	54.9 KB 
ID:	12674

I worked and crewed this one for a while.

On the ramp:

Name:	rf4conramp.jpg 
Views:	4 
Size:	73.9 KB 
ID:	12675

We were B-ad A-sses way back then...
    Last edited by 58Belvedere; 07-10-2017 at 11:30 PM.
    "She'll Start, You'll Need These."

The Phantom, The Lightening and The Vulcan were the icons of our childhood. As classic as a 50's Cadillac.
    Captain Keep-On-Thread strikes again!!!

Nice fleet work Marc.
    Think outside the box. Use your imagination.

Quote Originally Posted by billy whizz View Post
    The Phantom, The Lightening and The Vulcan were the icons of our childhood. As classic as a 50's Cadillac.
    We had Vulcans come visit us at 'RED FLAG' in Vegas many times, Impressive bomber.

Name:	vulcanTO.jpg 
Views:	2 
Size:	83.9 KB 
ID:	12676

Name:	vulcancarplane.jpg 
Views:	2 
Size:	92.4 KB 
ID:	12677
    Last edited by 58Belvedere; 07-11-2017 at 10:57 PM.
    "She'll Start, You'll Need These."

I have a great fondness for the Vulcan and witnessed the two biggest events in it's history live:

the first was in the early 70's when I lived in Boston, Lincolnshire. the Vulcans were based at local RAF Coningsby. We used to see them fly close to our school. During training one day we saw a Vulcan do a victory role while being flanked by two Lightnings - FANTASTIC. Many years later I found out that the roll was the only one ever performed because the manufacturer's said it was physically impossible and nobody ever believed the pilots involved.

They have a vulcan as the central display at RAF Cosford Aviation Museum a few miles away from us. I have told the victory roll story to many of the museum staff. they had all heard the legend, but never believed it until i could confirm it for them.

last time I visited to see the vulcan there was a Gerry Anderson display underneath, with all the puppets from thunderbirds and Captain Scarlett etc. I met Shane Rimmer, actor who had done a few james Bond films but will best be remembered as the voice of Scott Tracy from Thunderbirds.....all of this under the wingspan of the Vulcan!

Finally, the last flying Vulcan in the UK did a historic tour of the country a few years ago. It was barely airworthy and reputedly struggled to complete the flight. I had just taken delivery of my 65 Imperial and was looking at the car outside when we heard this fantastic noise: it was the Vulcan flying right over our house, and very very low too. I could virtually see the nuts and bolts on the underside.
    Captain Keep-On-Thread strikes again!!!

One for Clive:

And a 59 Plymie:

This is just 30 minutes south of DV where a Mexican family took over a road side gas station. I didnt take em long to decorate the place..
    Last edited by DVJohn; 09-09-2018 at 04:15 AM.