Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 11192021

Thread: Chrissy's Book Clone

Thanks a lot guys. I think the headlight piece is why I lost interest in finishing it. Just don't want to bend and weld metal. Hate it.
    Went out and opened the garage and Moved things around to make room to start work again. I checked the fenders and it is the left or drivers side that I need. Starting to get excited again.

Chrissy....bending metal is no more difficult than most of the model-making skills you obviously have. You're just working with a different material. Plus, the feeling of fabricating your own metal panels is quite a thrill. Yes it's noisy, dirty and a bit burny at times, but metalwork is a very satisfying art.

Remember car building is not s huge mountain, just a series of small jobs, one after the other.
    Captain Keep-On-Thread strikes again!!!

Pretty sure I have the front off a lefthand fender in my shed that I can check to see if it's useable for you Chrissy. Will look at it this weekend and get back to you if you still need it.

Cheers Norm

Quote Originally Posted by billy whizz View Post
    Chrissy....bending metal is no more difficult than most of the model-making skills you obviously have. You're just working with a different material. Plus, the feeling of fabricating your own metal panels is quite a thrill. Yes it's noisy, dirty and a bit burny at times, but metalwork is a very satisfying art.

Remember car building is not s huge mountain, just a series of small jobs, one after the other.
    Billy I love the vote of confident's you have in me. But even buying the welder didn't help make me want to use it. It scares me.

Quote Originally Posted by ply57nz View Post
    Pretty sure I have the front off a lefthand fender in my shed that I can check to see if it's useable for you Chrissy. Will look at it this weekend and get back to you if you still need it.

Cheers Norm
    I hope your right Norm. Would make things a lot easier.

Sent pm

As far as welding goes there have been days I have got to work on my car and I seem to have spent more time plugging up the holes I've blown in the panels with the welder than making any progress on it, Other times it all just goes smooth as. No two days are alike but when you get it right there is no better feeling than standing back and admiring your own handy work.

Cheers Norm

Norm... have you recovered fully from the earthquake you had endure a short while ago mate?

Lee.
    Everything's good!