Page 22 of 24 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 LastLast

Thread: Chrissy's Book Clone

Very nice Chrissy! Does it play the movie songs too?

Did you send it in to be restored by one of those original am radio shops?
    1958 Plymouth Belvedere 2 dr ht (under restoration)

ROCK AND ROLL WILL NEVER DIE

Looks like you're all set now!

I'm pretty sure you will do it very well Chrissy,as always!

Quote Originally Posted by 58Jackie View Post
    Very nice Chrissy! Does it play the movie songs too?

Did you send it in to be restored by one of those original am radio shops?
    Jackie it only plays AM but I will install a modern player under the dash for the Christine music. Yes it had to be fixed to play so well. The one in my car lights up inside but don't play.

Quote Originally Posted by ely1958 View Post
    I'm pretty sure you will do it very well Chrissy,as always!
    Thanks Ely

Quote Originally Posted by 57belv View Post
    Looks like you're all set now!
    I know I will be happier with a working one.

I don't think we can even get AM signals in the UK anymore. My old radios work, but I would be happy if just the green light worked in my Christine. I always just listed to the car when driving an old jalopy. It can often tell you a lot more than the speedometer or temperature and pressure guages anyway. besides, with a V8 under the bonnet who ever needs other music??!!
    Captain Keep-On-Thread strikes again!!!

Awesome Chrissy! How much did they charge you for the repair? I saw one at the swap meet this weekend for 40.00 but I passed on it. It had some pitting.

Quote Originally Posted by billy whizz View Post
    I don't think we can even get AM signals in the UK anymore. My old radios work, but I would be happy if just the green light worked in my Christine. I always just listed to the car when driving an old jalopy. It can often tell you a lot more than the speedometer or temperature and pressure guages anyway. besides, with a V8 under the bonnet who ever needs other music??!!
    Very true Billy. The sound of a great engine is music to the ear.

Quote Originally Posted by cloverdragger View Post
    Awesome Chrissy! How much did they charge you for the repair? I saw one at the swap meet this weekend for 40.00 but I passed on it. It had some pitting.
    The one I bought has some pitting too but not the one in my car. I will swap the knobs and face plate over. You could ask the guy it came from what he would charge to repair one.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/57-58-1957-...72.m2749.l2648

Quote Originally Posted by Chrissy Mopar View Post
    The one I bought has some pitting too but not the one in my car. I will swap the knobs and face plate over. You could ask the guy it came from what he would charge to repair one.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/57-58-1957-...72.m2749.l2648

Nice! I sent him a massage just now.

Hey Chrissy: I thought you would get a kick out of this picture since you like to sew:

.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	sewingmachinecar..jpg 
Views:	10 
Size:	97.9 KB 
ID:	12930
    "She'll Start, You'll Need These."

LOL Now I know what to to with my old sewing machine. Thanks for the pic.

Quote Originally Posted by Chrissy Mopar View Post
    Not sure if this is a step forward or back but it will be better.
    I have a radio now that plays loud and clear, just need to change the face plate with the one already installed. And the green bulbs. May never lesson to it but it will feel better to know I could.

I am happy for you Chrissy!
    Think outside the box. Use your imagination.

I love the sewing machine hot rod!

BTW, I have a re-chromed radio panel in my car, which Gwen had done years ago. The finish is great, but the chrome plating is so thick it has blurred the crisp lines of the detail groove around the radio aperture. Looks blobby.

I've seen replating done, but never had a part myself until this one. Is that typical of replated parts?

Quote Originally Posted by billy whizz View Post
    BTW, I have a re-chromed radio panel in my car, which Gwen had done years ago. The finish is great, but the chrome plating is so thick it has blurred the crisp lines of the detail groove around the radio aperture. Looks blobby.

I've seen replating done, but never had a part myself until this one. Is that typical of replated parts?

I had a chrome Rear bumper valance re-chromed and it came out nice. It does not have any fine details in the metal tho, so I didn't run into the issue you have.

Still running on empty but I went out and gave her some gas and charged her battery. After two years she started on the first turn of the key. Forgot how powerful she sounded. Kind of speeds up the heart.

I am changing doctors. The one I have been using hasen't helped me much. Want my get up and go back.

Hope you get sorted with a new doctor Chrissy. So many of them these days don't seem to bother, or have enough knowledge. they all seem a bit too young these days, dont they?