Page 23 of 25 FirstFirst ... 132122232425 LastLast
Results 441 to 460 of 486

Thread: Chrissy's Book Clone

  1. #441
    Quote Originally Posted by billy whizz View Post
    Hope you get sorted with a new doctor Chrissy. So many of them these days don't seem to bother, or have enough knowledge. they all seem a bit too young these days, dont they?
    Billy you have that right. She looks 18 but said she is 30. She spent all her time on her laptop trying to find the answers for me. She really had no idea what was making me faint. A real doc would have seen this before and had the answer in his head. Thanks for caring for me. I won't stop fighting tell I get well.

  2. #442
    Chrissy, never take any crap from a young or clueless doctor. here's a perfect illustration: My dad had a stroke when he was 38, and was correctly diagnosed and treated at a specailist unit. However, that hospital was far away and difficult for us to get to. So, when he was stable they transferred him to our local hospital for further medication. he arrived on the ward and was seen by a young woman who had only just qualified that summer. She didn't read his notes and started treating him, but he soon became very very ill and went into a coma and died. It turned out she had misdiagnosed a brain heamorage and gave him blood CLOTTING medication instead of the blood THINNING he needed. She was an arrogant know-it-all and never read his transfer file. He died 3 days before my 18th birthday. She was sent back to Edinburgh university to retake her final year, but not punished and we weren't compensated....never even got an apology. We only found out about it all when a nurse on the ward told me what had gone wrong. That was not just professional neglect, her arrogance made it murder. Now I take great pleasure in slaughtering doctors and vets who show a lack of knowledge, but an unwillingness to be told.
    Captain Keep-On-Thread strikes again!!!

  3. #443
    ICC MEMBER big m's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Williams, Ca.
    Posts
    5,835
    Seems lately all the doctors are just guessing. When the new health care law was passed, our local hospital closed up, as did the urgent care clinics, so it was a 45 mile drive to see a doctor. The hospital was finally bought by another company, and re-opened. I've had bronchitis a few times, and practically have to tell the doctor what I need, rather than them diagnose it.

    ---John
    Big M Auto-

    "We buy junk, and sell antiques"
    ICC member since just after dirt, but before baseball.

  4. #444
    My Dr's at the VA are all old and experienced , They are anywhere from 50 to 70 years old and know their stuff. Every time I go over there they will check out everything and if you tell them their something wrong they will be test of x-rays or anything youj need. I am very satisfied with the VA and I never get a Bill Is the main thing:) I will be getting new Hearing Aids Tuesday with remote control LOL all I have to do to shut some one is Push a Button LOL

  5. #445
    Quote Originally Posted by billy whizz View Post
    Chrissy, never take any crap from a young or clueless doctor. here's a perfect illustration: My dad had a stroke when he was 38, and was correctly diagnosed and treated at a specailist unit. However, that hospital was far away and difficult for us to get to. So, when he was stable they transferred him to our local hospital for further medication. he arrived on the ward and was seen by a young woman who had only just qualified that summer. She didn't read his notes and started treating him, but he soon became very very ill and went into a coma and died. It turned out she had misdiagnosed a brain heamorage and gave him blood CLOTTING medication instead of the blood THINNING he needed. She was an arrogant know-it-all and never read his transfer file. He died 3 days before my 18th birthday. She was sent back to Edinburgh university to retake her final year, but not punished and we weren't compensated....never even got an apology. We only found out about it all when a nurse on the ward told me what had gone wrong. That was not just professional neglect, her arrogance made it murder. Now I take great pleasure in slaughtering doctors and vets who show a lack of knowledge, but an unwillingness to be told.
    That was one sad story Billy. Had your Father died of natural causes it would have been easier to take. She was fully to blame for this and it shouldn't have happened. It was murder for sure. She caused a lot of pain to your family.

  6. #446
    Quote Originally Posted by billy whizz View Post
    Chrissy, never take any crap from a young or clueless doctor. here's a perfect illustration: My dad had a stroke when he was 38, and was correctly diagnosed and treated at a specailist unit. However, that hospital was far away and difficult for us to get to. So, when he was stable they transferred him to our local hospital for further medication. he arrived on the ward and was seen by a young woman who had only just qualified that summer. She didn't read his notes and started treating him, but he soon became very very ill and went into a coma and died. It turned out she had misdiagnosed a brain heamorage and gave him blood CLOTTING medication instead of the blood THINNING he needed. She was an arrogant know-it-all and never read his transfer file. He died 3 days before my 18th birthday. She was sent back to Edinburgh university to retake her final year, but not punished and we weren't compensated....never even got an apology. We only found out about it all when a nurse on the ward told me what had gone wrong. That was not just professional neglect, her arrogance made it murder. Now I take great pleasure in slaughtering doctors and vets who show a lack of knowledge, but an unwillingness to be told.
    Damn that is terrible! Did you ever track her down and confront her? No apology? That sucks. My dad had a heart attack when I was 22 he was 55. He didn't make it. He had just came back from a physical exam that day, he was out Morel Mushroom hunting. He supposedly didn't hear anything wrong with his heart.
    "She'll Start, You'll Need These."

  7. #447
    I kept tabs on the girl for a year or more. She stayed up in Edinburgh. Only my dad's brother, me and his best friend knew what had gone wrong and we never told my Mum or my two kid brothers, (they were only infants). My dad's best mate was a local solicitor and he spent two years trying to get the medical records from the case so we could sue the hospital...but even he was told they had "mystreriously" dissapeared.

    To make the story even stranger, my best friend was killed in a road accident a few days after my Dad died. Sadly it he was crossing the road to catch the school mini-bus to go on a evening theatre visit which I had organised. I wasn't there, but my friends saw the whole thing from the bus - he was killed instantly. I went to 2 funerals in ten days and was only just 18.

    Sorry to hear about your Dad Marc. Nothing worse than losing your Dad in your formative years....maybe explains why we are a pair of wierdos.
    Captain Keep-On-Thread strikes again!!!

  8. #448
    ICC MEMBER SavoyPlaza's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Georgia Deep South
    Posts
    6,314
    Sorry for the loss of your fathers, Geoff and Marc. Especially at a young age. I can only imagine.

    Good doctors are similar to good mechanics. It seems some have the talents; while others just turn wrenches or prescribe pills.
    Pete
    "Stick with me, kid, and you'll have horse turds as big as diamonds."

  9. #449
    Quote Originally Posted by billy whizz View Post
    Chrissy, never take any crap from a young or clueless doctor. here's a perfect illustration: My dad had a stroke when he was 38, and was correctly diagnosed and treated at a specailist unit. However, that hospital was far away and difficult for us to get to. So, when he was stable they transferred him to our local hospital for further medication. he arrived on the ward and was seen by a young woman who had only just qualified that summer. She didn't read his notes and started treating him, but he soon became very very ill and went into a coma and died. It turned out she had misdiagnosed a brain heamorage and gave him blood CLOTTING medication instead of the blood THINNING he needed. She was an arrogant know-it-all and never read his transfer file. He died 3 days before my 18th birthday. She was sent back to Edinburgh university to retake her final year, but not punished and we weren't compensated....never even got an apology. We only found out about it all when a nurse on the ward told me what had gone wrong. That was not just professional neglect, her arrogance made it murder. Now I take great pleasure in slaughtering doctors and vets who show a lack of knowledge, but an unwillingness to be told.
    Such a sad story Billy, they wouldn't get away with it now! I lost my Dad when I was 21 and he was only 58 at the time, he had a dreadful battle with cancer and I saw him in hospital on my 16th and 18th then my sister told me on my 21st the cancer had returned (ill never understand to this day why she had to tell me that day!)

    My Dad was a super guy, worked in the NHS all his working career, never drank or smoked and never swore or raised his voice to his kids (all 10 of us!) he could turn his hand to anything, and I miss the fact we never got to work on another car together! He built a JBA Javelin Kit Car out of my older brothers MK II Capri 2.0 GT that he pranged up...

    We kept it running for a while after he passed, but eventually it went to a guy in Scotland that had built a few, if anyone sees it (originally Orange when in its Capri days, then Silver as a Javelin) last known colour was Bright Red! it was registered on the original plates (N Reg if I remember correctly) not on a Q plate...
    Failure is not falling down, it is not getting up again
    (00)==v==(00)

  10. #450
    Didn't realise there were so many members with sad stories to tell about their dads.....flippin 'eck!!
    Captain Keep-On-Thread strikes again!!!

  11. #451
    Pics of the car my dad built, an a picture of it in RED looking rather menacing ;-) after it was donated to the new owner!Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1.jpg 
Views:	4 
Size:	41.4 KB 
ID:	12978Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2.jpg 
Views:	2 
Size:	94.0 KB 
ID:	12979Click image for larger version. 

Name:	3.jpg 
Views:	4 
Size:	51.2 KB 
ID:	12980Click image for larger version. 

Name:	4.JPG 
Views:	4 
Size:	48.8 KB 
ID:	12981
    Failure is not falling down, it is not getting up again
    (00)==v==(00)

  12. #452
    Interesting kit car. Got a bit of a 'Lancia' thing going on with the front grille. The red suits it very well.

    My dad was not too mechanical, despite being very handy at most other things. But my Grandad was a whole other matter: he was a traditional coach builder and great mechanic. he would buy old jalopys to restore and drive me around on a saturday - just the two of us cruising round Liverpool. often the car would break down and we would spend a few hours at the side of the road while I handed my grandad tools and watched his legs moving about under the car. Occasionally we would break down on the high street and passers-by would gang up to push the car all the way home. They were fantastic times for a pre-school lad.

    Many a time when I am alone in the workshop I can feel my grandad standing in the corner watching me. He absolutely LOVED the way I took to 'the tools' and started working on my own cars. One of the proudest achievements of his life. Sadly he died a year after my dad....but his memory has inspired me for the last 40 years.

    I am currently shopping for a 1950's Humber Hawk the same as my Grandad's so I can respray it the same colour and call it "Charlie".
    Last edited by billy whizz; 06-26-2018 at 07:28 AM.
    Captain Keep-On-Thread strikes again!!!

  13. #453
    I did like it in silver. But red sort of went well with the black roof. Had a targa top. Looked pretty cool in its day. Actually just tried emailing some one from the owners club see if I can find it ��
    Failure is not falling down, it is not getting up again
    (00)==v==(00)

  14. #454
    Sorry Chrissy...we seem to have sabotaged your thread.

    But this forum is all about nostalgia, and it is a great pleasure to share this stuff with like-minded friends.
    Captain Keep-On-Thread strikes again!!!

  15. #455
    Quote Originally Posted by RalphUp View Post
    I did like it in silver. But red sort of went well with the black roof. Had a targa top. Looked pretty cool in its day. Actually just tried emailing some one from the owners club see if I can find it ��
    Ralph, if you do a Google search for the Javelin and look through the images section you might just find it emerging from someone's car show or club posting. With Capri parts any enthusiast should have kept it going.

    A year or two back I mentioned a rare old 50's bus turning up at a local car show. next thing one of our overseas members posted a picture of the very same vehicle he'd found on a google image search. The world is quite small with google linking us all up. Hope you find it mate!
    Captain Keep-On-Thread strikes again!!!

  16. #456
    Quote Originally Posted by billy whizz View Post
    Ralph, if you do a Google search for the Javelin and look through the images section you might just find it emerging from someone's car show or club posting. With Capri parts any enthusiast should have kept it going.

    A year or two back I mentioned a rare old 50's bus turning up at a local car show. next thing one of our overseas members posted a picture of the very same vehicle he'd found on a google image search. The world is quite small with google linking us all up. Hope you find it mate!
    Thanks, I have done that over the years but never seen it, sad really, my dad just seemed to be one of those guys that could turn his hand to anything, professionally he was a dentist, in the NHS eventually working in the north in an administrative role. I love the story of your Granddad!

    I never really got into working with oily bits, although I have dabbled a few times over the years, electrical/electronics and computer hardware always been my thing. Love keeping old computer kit working, seems like from plastic straws all the way to cars, we just live in a throw away society which makes me so sad!
    Failure is not falling down, it is not getting up again
    (00)==v==(00)

  17. #457
    Quote Originally Posted by billy whizz View Post
    Sorry Chrissy...we seem to have sabotaged your thread.

    But this forum is all about nostalgia, and it is a great pleasure to share this stuff with like-minded friends.
    Yes it is Billy. Talk away, It may help someone that is sad. It's not like I am using it right now.

  18. #458
    Quote Originally Posted by Chrissy Mopar View Post
    Yes it is Billy. Talk away, It may help someone that is sad. It's not like I am using it right now.
    Anyone who owns a Christine is doomed to eternal misery......seems that way to me!
    Captain Keep-On-Thread strikes again!!!

  19. #459
    Quote Originally Posted by billy whizz View Post
    Anyone who owns a Christine is doomed to eternal misery......seems that way to me!
    Eternal misery = empty bank account!!

  20. #460
    Quote Originally Posted by cloverdragger View Post
    Eternal misery = empty bank account!!
    The more money the car soaks up only makes me realise how much MORE money it's going to take!! These cars are huge money pits.
    Captain Keep-On-Thread strikes again!!!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •