Page 25 of 25 FirstFirst ... 15232425

Thread: Chrissy's Book Clone

Billy I hadn't thought that far yet but air tools should be lighter then electric and stay cooler. The first thing I will buy is the tip used to blow up tire's. It should be able to handle that OK.
    The size was a mistake on my part. Was shocked when it showed up. Up side is I should never need to replace this one. And get at the rust that the wire wheel couldn't reach. I am motivated again.

Chrissy, you are right...the ability to sand/media blast will make a massive difference to your work.

you might have to invest in a good face mask and filters, and a pair of goggles, because blasting goes absolutely EVERYWHERE.

You can also get some quite decent spray guns for fairly little money these days.
    Captain Keep-On-Thread strikes again!!!

Billy I was joking about the tire tip. This is my third compressor. The first two were used and gave out on me. I've been sandblasting for years. Even built my own walk in sandblaster years ago. I am going to try and get more air tools now because I won't have to keep stopping tell the tank fills up.

Chrissy, your hands look in very bad shape......arthritis??? How the heck do you hold that gun?

Billy I couldn't figure out how you knew I had arthritis in my hands but must of seen them when you were hanging around my house.

I was wondering what ever became of your project. Glad to see your slowly getting back at it. It's a treat to see how people apply themselves to their projects depending on their skill set. Last thing I remember was you doing the upholstery on your seats and they looked incredible. I was quite envious. I couldn't sew a new button on a shirt let alone do my own interior LOL. How close is she to being driveable?

Sadly I had to start closing up my garage today. Hands get to cold to work with them and just when I started feeling like myself again. The new doc has me on a med that gets the blood up to the brain and I feel wide awake now instead of in a depressing fog. I just feel so darn happy and want to do every thing at once.

Glad you are feeling better Chrissy. Maybe some small jobs for the car inside and warm. Or trick out the house for Halloween.
    "She'll Start, You'll Need These."

Thank you. I do have a room full of parts that still need shined up. It will be great when I can move it all out along with the interior. This seemed like the safest place to put it all. I would have the car in here too if there was a way.

Quote Originally Posted by Chrissy Mopar View Post
    Sadly I had to start closing up my garage today. Hands get to cold to work with them and just when I started feeling like myself again. The new doc has me on a med that gets the blood up to the brain and I feel wide awake now instead of in a depressing fog. I just feel so darn happy and want to do every thing at once.
    Why don't you get a heater in the garage Chrissy? Go with electric, as you don't have to worry about stuff going up in flames just to keep warm.

That's what I did. I also shut the garage door and put lights on to keep the warmness in, actually a really great idea as its not cold at all then. Winter is just way too long to not be playing with my car.
    1958 Plymouth Belvedere 2 dr ht (under restoration)

ROCK AND ROLL WILL NEVER DIE

I just wear extra layers and thicker gloves......

Quote Originally Posted by 58Jackie View Post
    Why don't you get a heater in the garage Chrissy? Go with electric, as you don't have to worry about stuff going up in flames just to keep warm.

That's what I did. I also shut the garage door and put lights on to keep the warmness in, actually a really great idea as its not cold at all then. Winter is just way too long to not be playing with my car.
    Jackie that would be great but I never insulated it. It also has no floor except for a couple plywood sheets. It keeps her out of the weather but no way to keep her warm. Your a lucky gale to be able to work in the winter. And smart not to use open flames.

Quote Originally Posted by billy whizz View Post
    I just wear extra layers and thicker gloves......
    I know you work in all kinds of weather Billy. You are one tough cooky but not me. I like to curl up in a warm house and watch the snow coming down out side. I have a lot of sewing and other projects to catch up on, for myself and others. Don't know how you manage to work in the bad weather like you do.

I know you work in all kinds of weather Billy. You are one tough cooky but not me. I like to curl up in a warm house and watch the snow coming down out side. I have a lot of sewing and other projects to catch up on, for myself and others. Don't know how you manage to work in the bad weather like you do.
    As you know Chrissy: I am one Badass Muther...hardened to the elements after long winters in arctic weather.....perched up a tree in the snow spying on your house with nothing but a fleecy anorak and a huge pair of binoculars. Thinking of you gives me a warm glow inside.

Jackie that would be great but I never insulated it. It also has no floor except for a couple plywood sheets. It keeps her out of the weather but no way to keep her warm. Your a lucky gale to be able to work in the winter. And smart not to use open flames.
    Mines uninsulated too Chrissy, as its a rented space. When I close the main door and turn on lights, it keeps it about 60-70 degrees. Comfy enough, wont feel like summer, but better than freezing.
    1958 Plymouth Belvedere 2 dr ht (under restoration)

ROCK AND ROLL WILL NEVER DIE