Page 2 of 26 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Chrissy's Book Clone

The transmission was to short and wouldn't clear the cross bar so part of the bar had to be cut away and a bracket made to hold the tranny.

Fire wall was next. I got to see some red!

Some Bling

Last edited by Chrissy Mopar; 06-01-2014 at 02:07 PM.

The HP manifolds to replace the logs.

I cleaned and painted the starter up all nice but it didn't work so I had to buy a new one.

Now I see the car is taking on a real nice look.
    Think outside the box. Use your imagination.

Thanks Eddie. I have to admit that I was all smiles when she started to shine.

The inner fenders looked kinda rough so I put them in my modern sand blaster.

Came out nice and clean so I sprayed them with the rust proofing frame paint. Just had to thin it down.

You´re doing it perfect!

More parts on. I end up changing this radiator and the carb later on.

This pic is when she went a hundred miles to get a new exhaust and mu FlowMaster mufflers installed.

I showed the man a picture of the under side of one fineshed and he tucked it in and over perfect. This was a Mothers day gift from my kids.
    Last edited by Chrissy Mopar; 06-01-2014 at 10:25 PM.

Wow, the whole lots looks pretty darn impressive!! Building included!
    For those who don't know - would you mind a bit if personal background , as in how did you learn the skills, is it in the family?, are you from a mechanical/engineering background etc??
    Captain Keep-On-Thread strikes again!!!

More parts on. I end up changing this radiator and the carb later on.

The floor was the only place on the car with rel rot.

Welding free repair

Billy I am not mechanical but have always loved working with my hands and different materials.

I was a cabinet maker for a few years and learned that and how to use some more tools. Next I studied porcelain doll making and went into business teaching and selling dolls. It was a success for years and I started collecting pedal cars to restore. My son was a paint and body man at this time and showed me a lot. He will also be painting my car when I get it ready. I took my Dads Chrysler and raced it at around age 13. LOVED it but he made sure I never got my hands on his keys again. If you like I could add pictures in the hobby area of some of my wood working, dolls and pedal cars? Is this what you wanted? As far as the motor goes I have only changed plug wires, starter motor, oil and simple things like that.
    It took over half of my last club to get me this far on the car, It is my first.

Captain Bionic Grandpa of AUS OzySteve's Avatar
    really nice Chrissy.....you have good hands.

Should have got you to build my car....
    Build it yourself, then at least you know it will be right.

These picts are awesome. I love photos of how others do their work, especially welding.

Hope everything continues to go smoothly for your resto. She looks to be getting all the right kinds of loving so far!
    “There’s only one God, ma’am, and I’m pretty sure he doesn’t dress like that.” -Captain America

Thanks for the potted history Chrissy. I have always said that different trades can learn from each other. I used to restore furniture and believed french polishing techniques and a carpenter's/cabinet maker's eye is a great asset in car restoration. Now I use car finishing techniques to restore modern furniture. Lovely work!!

Fantastic thread, Chrissy. The car is coming along beautifully. You are very resourceful. I much prefer to see someone working in their backyard and doing things their way. Thanks for the photos.
    Pete
    "Stick with me, kid, and you'll have horse turds as big as diamonds."

How about a honarary "Chrissy Mopar Award" for best car shed or man/woman cave!!???

I love my workshop and am sure it is occupied by the spirit of my dead Grandad.

Quote Originally Posted by OzySteve View Post
    really nice Chrissy.....you have good hands.

Should have got you to build my car....
    Thanks Steve? Ozy? witch name do you prefer?

I'm liking this thread......awesome.....

You dont want to know what we call Steve.....

Quote Originally Posted by Jackrabbit28 View Post
    These picts are awesome. I love photos of how others do their work, especially welding.

Hope everything continues to go smoothly for your resto. She looks to be getting all the right kinds of loving so far!
    Happy you like lots of pics because it is easier them trying to explain what I did or need to do.
    I found a lot of great pics that will help me on this forum already.

Thanks for the warning.John.