Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 33 of 33

Thread: My 57 belvedere

  1. #21
    ICC member 57belv's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Minnesota, U.S.A.
    Posts
    1,156
    Quote Originally Posted by 58Jackie View Post
    Damn, I don't know how he could even call himself a business doing this to his customers. I can definitely understand why you're pissed at him Chris, I would be too. You're lucky that you were able to track him down or your stuff could've been gone forever.
    Did you do any research on his "business" to see if there are any google reviews on it?
    No, he was just starting out in the area when he first came into my work. He had been an upholsterer for years, but it sounds like this sort of thing has happened in the past. (According to his wife)
    But yeah, if I hadn't been proactive and chased him down when I did, everything of mine would have ended up in storage, or thrown away.
    All I know is the guy is a scumbag in my book, and I hope he gets what's coming to him.

  2. #22
    This story is all too familiar to us now.............yet another Plymouth Rock and MLC to add to the list of crooks and wasters preying on our beloved hobby. There are too many people out there willing to take work and money on then pleasing themselves over whether they bother doing anything.

    Like with the jokers who worked on my Christine, I finally realised that the only person who was ever going to do anything on it was myself. Cost me well over $10,000 to learn that lesson though.
    Captain Keep-On-Thread strikes again!!!

  3. #23
    ICC member 57belv's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Minnesota, U.S.A.
    Posts
    1,156
    Okay, I just made an order to SMS auto for premade seat covers and rear armrest covers to the tune of $1400. This is a big leap for me right now finacially, but I want my interior back dammit! I hope they turn out well.

  4. #24
    Moderator Imperial King's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    United States of America
    Posts
    8,774
    Chris, you have every right to make your car exactly how you like it.
    Think outside the box. Use your imagination.

  5. #25
    ICC member 57belv's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Minnesota, U.S.A.
    Posts
    1,156
    Quote Originally Posted by Imperial King View Post
    Chris, you have every right to make your car exactly how you like it.
    K, I'd like my car finished please. Lol.

  6. #26
    Chris I just read this and am so sorry that some one would treat you so bad. Makes it hard to trust any one to work on your car. I like your fabric. It will look great if you can find some one with pride in their work and rep. Keep us posted on your progress We do care.

  7. #27
    ICC member 57belv's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Minnesota, U.S.A.
    Posts
    1,156
    Quote Originally Posted by Chrissy Mopar View Post
    Chris I just read this and am so sorry that some one would treat you so bad. Makes it hard to trust any one to work on your car. I like your fabric. It will look great if you can find some one with pride in their work and rep. Keep us posted on your progress We do care.
    Thanks Chrissy. Yeah it was a major leap of faith for me to hand my precious interior over to someone, and then have that person violate my trust the way he did is more than I can stand. I refuse to give my seats to anyone now, so I'll be having to redo them myself. I ended up going with SMS to make covers that match what was in the car when I first got her, which would be the red and white vinyl. I dunno what will become of the partially done covers I got from the jerk, but I didn't like the fabric he used anyway.

  8. #28
    Chris I would be happy to try and help you if you have any questions on putting it all together. Would have loved to have had that sewing machine when I made mine.

  9. #29
    ICC member 57belv's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Minnesota, U.S.A.
    Posts
    1,156
    Quote Originally Posted by Chrissy Mopar View Post
    Chris I would be happy to try and help you if you have any questions on putting it all together. Would have loved to have had that sewing machine when I made mine.
    I really wish you were closer to me. I liked how your seats turned out and I would have loved to hire you to make mine. I'd have given you the machine as partial payment too.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	HPIM1205.jpg 
Views:	8 
Size:	91.9 KB 
ID:	13227

  10. #30
    That is a nice looking machine Chris but I can no longer handle the heavy work it involves. My hands are suffering from all the years of use. I'm sure sms will do a good job for you. I've never heard any thing bad other then it takes a long time to get your order some times. You have had enough bad luck, time for things to start working out in your favor.

  11. #31
    ICC member 57belv's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Minnesota, U.S.A.
    Posts
    1,156
    Quote Originally Posted by Chrissy Mopar View Post
    That is a nice looking machine Chris but I can no longer handle the heavy work it involves. My hands are suffering from all the years of use. I'm sure sms will do a good job for you. I've never heard any thing bad other then it takes a long time to get your order some times. You have had enough bad luck, time for things to start working out in your favor.
    Thanks Chrissy, and sorry your hands are givin you trouble. I've also heard much praise for SMS,

  12. #32
    Is that a walking foot dual needle Consew machine?
    "She'll Start, You'll Need These."

  13. #33
    ICC member 57belv's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Minnesota, U.S.A.
    Posts
    1,156
    Quote Originally Posted by 58Belvedere View Post
    Is that a walking foot dual needle Consew machine?
    Well I know it's a walking foot, I'm not sure about it being a dual needle. It's a model 206RB-4. But it's definitely a dedicated upholstery machine.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •