Thread: Interesting conversation I had this morning

Interesting conversation I had this morning

A group of older gentlemen from a car club in Oroville Ca. wanted to come here and look around, which I generally allow. After looking around at the yard, they met me at the office here, and the one man mentioned "There's Christine's air cleaners" pointing at a pair of chrome ovals I have setting there.

These men were in their 70's, not the typical age for people to be aware of details from the movie. I got to talking to him, and he seemed to know quite a bit about the movie cars. It turned out that he worked at Bill and Ed's wrecking yard when the movie cars and parts were brought in. He said that he had set one of the cars aside for himself, it had the trunk floor cut out and the radiator mounted in the rear, but he said the rest of the car was in good condition. Unfortunately, he did not let his boss know, and while at lunch, the car was picked up by the roof with a forklift and set on top of a car pile. It ruined the roof, and was not pursued by this man for that reason.

He did remember a few teenagers scrounging through the parts, and remembers one of the cars being hauled out from the yard, which was probably Martin's future Christine.

I did get his telephone number, and he said it would be OK if Martin or Bill was interested in calling him, but he was on a limited phone program [minutes] and couldn't talk a long time.

---John

Movie wrecks...

That's too cool, too bad he couldn't save the car.
    Maybe he remembers some more interesting stories?

Maybe you should show him these photos:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Christine2.jpg 
Views:	49 
Size:	43.7 KB 
ID:	601 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Christine3.jpg 
Views:	47 
Size:	38.3 KB 
ID:	600 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Christine4.jpg 
Views:	44 
Size:	37.7 KB 
ID:	602 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Christine5.jpg 
Views:	43 
Size:	44.1 KB 
ID:	603 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Christine6.jpg 
Views:	46 
Size:	46.2 KB 
ID:	604 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Christine1.jpg 
Views:	47 
Size:	15.4 KB 
ID:	605

AWESOME !

ugh

Cool John. I'll bet Martin and Bill both would like to talk to him.

Cool happening around the yard up there!
    “There’s only one God, ma’am, and I’m pretty sure he doesn’t dress like that.” -Captain America

Wow, awesome, ya see, mine wasn't the only one with the radiator in the trunk!! Thanks for posting, I would love to talk to him. Hmmmm, I wonder where that trunk floor went Oh, wow, just realized, John's post was from 2010, lol, see what I miss for not popping on here once in a while...

That car sounds familiar
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DSC00789.jpg   DSC00800.jpg  
    Last edited by Movie Stunt Car; 10-16-2012 at 04:54 AM.

Captain Bionic Grandpa of AUS OzySteve's Avatar
    cool story John.........would be great to have these old guys say hi here,
    Build it yourself, then at least you know it will be right.

That is cool John but watch what you sayh about 70 year old men I am 72 LMAO