Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: best movie cars of all time:

I love the Pantera scene. Not that I could ever fit in one.
    "It was red and white--Chrysler never offered the 1958 Plymouth Fury in those colors; Rollie had gotten it custom-painted."

"I know thy works, and where thou dwellest, even where Satan's seat is: and thou holdest fast my name, and hast not denied my faith, even in those days wherein Antipas was my faithful martyr, who was slain among you, where Satan dwelleth."

Gonna have to check The Hearse movie out.
    Arnie Cunningham: Well, isn't that what you're supposed to do with sh*t? Scrape it up with a little shovel?

Arnie Cunningham - All of this because some drunk ran over that sh*tter Welch?

Arnie Cunningham - you just saddle up and ride along with all those other sh*tters.

Arnie Cunningham - 'Ung-ung-gooth-ung,'

I don't get the fuss over the original "Gone in 60 Seconds". I bought the DVD, all excited after the remake and the original stinks to high heaven. A truely awful film!

What about "The Black Cadillac".......(don't bother really!).

"Gran Torino" anyone??
    Captain Keep-On-Thread strikes again!!!

Quote Originally Posted by billy whizz View Post
    I don't get the fuss over the original "Gone in 60 Seconds". I bought the DVD, all excited after the remake and the original stinks to high heaven. A truely awful film!

What about "The Black Cadillac".......(don't bother really!).

"Gran Torino" anyone??
    Loved that Movie just saw it again last week.

Gone in 60 seconds is a fave of mine.

Wahey!!!!!!

Everything's good!

Some of the ones I like are missing too.

The Wraith Dodge M4S Turbo Interceptor.

Gran Torino

Maximum Overdrive Happy Toyz Truck

My Science Project GTO

BTILC Jack Burton's Pork-Chop Express Freightliner

I didn't get to see the films but I did see pics of the cars from the French film Taxi that looks cool. I even like the US remake when it transforms. The TV series Taxi-Brooklyn is a good show to me although the car isn't like any of the films cars.

And some others I can't think of.
    Beavis & Butthead 2011.

Is Chitty Chitty Bang Bang on that list ?
    Everything's good!

Quote Originally Posted by Chrissy Mopar View Post
    Gone in 60 seconds is a fave of mine.
    Original or the blinged version?

The first one had more car action and humor like the car wash swap and the new one had my guy Nicolas Cage and better effects so I would have to say I loved them both.

I can drink Gasoline and Piss on a Bush Fire Rebels-59's Avatar
    The Original 1974 "Gone in 60 Seconds" was Produced / Directed / Written and Starred H. B. Halicki who also done his own Stunts.. That is what makes the Original so great in my View

My three diecast or model movie cars

I don't know about all time but among my nine model cars on display, three are movie cars: the low-slung, fender-skirted black '49 Mercury Eight coupe (very slightly streamlined?) that James Dean's character owned in Rebel Without a Cause (I'm not a Dean fan but understand his handsome appeal), the white slightly customized '58 Impala that Ronny Howard's character lent to "Toad" in American Graffiti (it sold for a couple hundred bucks after production because nobody wanted it! — it's still around, in private hands, doing the oldies circuit), and Christine.
    Last edited by Serge; 01-08-2015 at 11:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Serge View Post
    I don't know about all time but among my nine model cars on display, three are movie cars: the low-slung, fender-skirted black '49 Mercury Eight coupe (very slightly streamlined?) that James Dean's character owned in Rebel Without a Cause (I'm not a Dean fan but understand his handsome appeal), the white slightly customized '58 Impala that Ronny Howard's character lent to "Toad" in American Graffiti (it sold for a couple hundred bucks after production because nobody wanted it! — it's still around, in private hands, doing the oldies circuit), and Christine.

Glad Christine was on that list. :)
    Arnie Cunningham: Well, isn't that what you're supposed to do with sh*t? Scrape it up with a little shovel?

Arnie Cunningham - All of this because some drunk ran over that sh*tter Welch?

Arnie Cunningham - you just saddle up and ride along with all those other sh*tters.

Arnie Cunningham - 'Ung-ung-gooth-ung,'

This car is TOP of my bucket list. Before I die I want to build one of these...full size of course:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	800px-1960s_Batmobile_(FMC).jpg 
Views:	47 
Size:	87.4 KB 
ID:	9917
    Captain Keep-On-Thread strikes again!!!

I love the '66 Batmobile too, best of the Batmobiles. Sort of a parody of '50s tailfin-crazy design. The original's actually a '55 Lincoln Futura, a concept car. Concept cars usually were destroyed but this one was saved. When a car customizer for Hollywood got a rush order to make the TV Batmobile, he made these cosmetic changes to that old prototype and the rest is history. I've seen a clone (I forget what the clones are built on, some golden-era car), complete with a flame shooting out of the "jet" engine exhaust if I recall rightly. There are some nice diecast and built plastic models of this one, including I think in 1:10!

Don't forget the Amphicar in Pontiac Moon and other Movies.

"She'll Start, You'll Need These."

I saw a Batmobile on a trailer drive past me the other day.

I've no idea where it was going or coming from.

It looked pretty accurate from the fleeting glance I saw though.
    Everything's good!

Wow. You don't see that every day.

Here are my favorite that involve cars, Seeing I'm into Big Rig's as well, probably even more so than Cars and Pick-Up's, most of these movie's on my list will Involve a Big Rig some how, anyway, here goes my list, I will also list the main character cars and the year the movie's all came out, As I list the movie's

Steel Cowboy (1976) (1969 Cadillac DeVille Convertible)
    White Line Fever (1975) (1964 Chevrolet C-10)
    Christine (1983) (1958 Plymouth Fury)
    Duel (1971) (1970 Plymouth Valiant)
    Joy Ride (2001) (1971 Chrysler Newport)
    Joy Ride II (2008) (1971 Chevrolet Chevelle)
    Black Top (2000) (1959 Edsel Ranger)
    Joy Ride III (2014) (Many Cars Involved in this movie)
    Snitch (2013) (2013 Dodge Ram 1500)
    Smokey and the Bandit (1977) (1977 Pontiac Trans Am)
    Smokey and the Bandit II (1980) (1980 Pontiac Trans Am)
    Maximum Overdrive (1986) (1978 Cadillac Coupe DeVille & 1981 Chevrolet Malibu)
    Hot Blooded II (1996) (1968 Ford Mustang)
    Breakdown (1997) (1994 Jeep Grand Cherokee)
    Lance C.

I like those Amphicar's and there are many are in Florida that go to the Lake Mirror car show in Lakeland FL in October.

I like the Batmobile but I wished he just kept it the way it was and then make a whole new body based on it because to me it is no different than destroying it completely. I believe there is only one replica that exist which I believe was based on the Batmobile replica's mold. The Futura replica appeared on the series Viper in it's first season on NBC in 1994.
    Last edited by ChristineFury; 01-05-2016 at 06:13 PM.
    Beavis & Butthead 2011.