Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Alleged original Christine movie car up for auction

The B-J site says it went for $198,000.00! Marc.
    "She'll Start, You'll Need These."

I really don't know why I follow this, but I do. Word on the street is now that their are only 2 movie-used cars left. This is one of them. No one is quite sure where the second one is.

I can drink Gasoline and Piss on a Bush Fire Rebels-59's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 58Belvedere View Post
    The B-J site says it went for $198,000.00! Marc.
    The Youtube Clip clearly shows the Hammer went down on $180k ..... BUT i think the Buyer then has to pay a Premium , So it could well be close to $200k they have to Pay..

Next Question should be.... Does anyone know who the New Owner is...... ???

I can drink Gasoline and Piss on a Bush Fire Rebels-59's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CRG View Post
    Was this really a movie car and if so what part of the movie was it in? Like exactly what part.
    This is supposed to be the same Promo Christine that Sold at Barratt Jackson back in 2004 for $170k Carlos,

Has been alledged in the past that the Plymouth may of been used for Close up photos and assembly line, But if that was the case, many believe it would have been actually used in the movie,, No 100% proof has ever been confirmed as to if it ever starred in the Movie, Or was just built to Promote the Movie..

People have other ideas, for which we are all entitled..

Sorry for the poor quality video. I held my phone up to the TV and recorded it. Easiest and quickest to upload. Right before Christine, a replicated Beverly Hillbillies truck went across the block. Fiberglass and plastic for over 200k. I thought for sure Christine would have hammered down on at least 200k. Now this car sold to Ron Pratt in 2004 for 167,000. 13,000 dollar profit in 10 years time.

Yeah I think there is a sellers commission of 10%. That would be 18,000 over the hammered 180,000 for a 198,000 total.

Would have been so nice to have the money for it. Which would be the only thing I would ever pay that high for other than a House.

I always wondered what car was used for the promo pics including the Christine in the Movie Trailer was. Could it have been this one?
    Beavis & Butthead 2011.

Did anyone here win it?
    Arnie Cunningham: Well, isn't that what you're supposed to do with sh*t? Scrape it up with a little shovel?

Arnie Cunningham - All of this because some drunk ran over that sh*tter Welch?

Arnie Cunningham - you just saddle up and ride along with all those other sh*tters.

Arnie Cunningham - 'Ung-ung-gooth-ung,'

Those crooked bottom grill inserts bugs the sh%t out of me. What a shame.

I'd be amazed if many people here had that kind of money to spend on a car Keera.
    Everything's good!

Movie cars don't tend to sell for top dollar in the UK. I know of a few cars from other movies which get little interest and don't make much profit here.....cause, a "Christine" is in a higher league.

Many movie cars cannot be used in the UK because it's not possible to make them road legal. From the BTTF De Loreans to Monkeymobiles and Batmobiles there are a few which have passed into the UK but which have to sel;l to overseas if you want to drive them.

There are a few 1966 and 1989 Batmobile replicas around the UK which will never make it onto our roads.

The Judge Dredd City Cab I posted about last month is available, but would need standard Land Rover wheels to get road legal.

Shame really, coz I would love to see a 66 Batmobile on a British road.

I wanted to build a Green Hornet car and the legislation I will have to comply with is very detailed indeed. Laws like "no rocket launchers" and "no you can't put browning machine guns on your bonnet". Even though a Spitfire fighter plan flys over our town every August Flower Show bearing exactly the same guns!! Not fair!!!
    Last edited by billy whizz; 01-15-2015 at 11:39 AM.
    Captain Keep-On-Thread strikes again!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Doobster View Post
    I'd be amazed if many people here had that kind of money to spend on a car Keera.
    I doubt that anyone in this club would spend 200K on that car. Most of us are happy with what they have. Apart from the fact that I donīt have that money, I would not spend it on a car. Especially never on a car that isnīt perfectly restored. This one was prepared, not restored for a movie. All that "if I had the money..." blabla over in the FB groups makes me laugh. Dreamers! I guess that someone like Ron Pratt for whom money plays no subject got it and puts it away like it has been done before.

Quote Originally Posted by Doobster View Post
    I know i wouldn't spend that much for a car. Plymouth or no Plymouth.

Btw did you call me? Lol my name is Kera with one E.
    Arnie Cunningham: Well, isn't that what you're supposed to do with sh*t? Scrape it up with a little shovel?

Arnie Cunningham - All of this because some drunk ran over that sh*tter Welch?

Arnie Cunningham - you just saddle up and ride along with all those other sh*tters.

Arnie Cunningham - 'Ung-ung-gooth-ung,'

Sorry Kera, I've got six fingers on my right hand.

(only joking).
    Everything's good!

It was a great looking car, :)