Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: CRG`s Belvedere

CRG`s Belvedere

This is my 1st post on this site and wanted to share what I just picked up.
    The car was born a real Belvedere and am now in the process of making it fully functional to drive around. When I got the car a few things were not working and it was missing a few trim parts. As of now I have all four original bumper wings and front fenders spears getting new chrome. I hope to make many new friends here cos I am totally new to the Plymouth seen. I restore vintage Volkswagens and have a collection of them that have been featured in many major magazines but after seeing one of these cars on the road I had to have one so I picked up a 58 one owner two door plaza and now ran into this Belvedere that we plan to drive till the wheels fall off. Hope you guys like it. I have a ton of questions for those hard core Plymouth builders.

CRG! That is a magnificent specimen you have!
    Chris.

Nice..............wel come aboard....

I can drink Gasoline and Piss on a Bush Fire Rebels-59's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CRG View Post
    This is my 1st post on this site and wanted to share what I just picked up.
    Wow what a 1st Post mate,

I think i remember this Plymouth posted for sale not to long ago, but cant remember where, As i remember the Mild Custom work on it including removal of some trim and the shaved door handles.
    Please keep us informed of your progress with her,

Also we have a Members Rides section for None Mopars, so dont be to post a thread on your VW

Clive
    UK

Yup this is the one that was posted on Craig's List, Apparently the seller was not responding to phone calls or e-mails. I simply called the number and spoke with the seller and said i`m not going to beat around the bush "What do you want for it?" And no I didn't say what ever your asking it`s not enough like in the movie! :)

I`m going to install the out side door handles and locks to both doors and re attach the Plymouth lettering that goes on the rear trunk and will also be painting the roof white once we color match the red on the doors. Wide white walls are on the agenda as well and am waiting for the fury hubcaps in the mail.

I wonder why the seller was being difficult. Did you get the sense he really didn't want to sell? Not that I can blame him for not wanting to part with such a car.
    Last edited by 57belv; 12-04-2014 at 05:22 AM.

Not at all, I had a buddy of mine who lived about an Hr away from him to go look at the car. When the day came when my buddy went to look at the car he started pointing out a few things about the car and each time my reply to him was "pay the guy" before he threw him off his property for being picky about the car so I spoke to the seller and gave him a final price including the bumper wings and that was that. I read in another forum where people were saying that the car probably doesn't exists or that the seller was just looking for attention but that was not the case, The car was and is real. I`m going to give her nothing but love and eventually tear it down for a full bolt by bolt restoration but for now were going to enjoy it and drive it.
    The seller kept in contact with me until I received it safe and sound.

Captain Bionic Grandpa of AUS OzySteve's Avatar
    welcome aboard mate

Lovely car, ,very nice................these cars are really cool, as is yours.
    Build it yourself, then at least you know it will be right.

Good photos.......looks like a sound project there. Loads of technical help here if you search through the forum threads and plenty of guys willing to help you out.
    Captain Keep-On-Thread strikes again!!!

Excellent! I'm glad the car found a good home! Keep us updated with your progress with her, and wel come to the club!
    Pete
    in Georgia USA
    "Stick with me, kid, and you'll have horse turds as big as diamonds."

Looking forward to seeing more of this one. Congrats on being her new owner.

from Germany!

Nice car! Good thing that you want to go back to original condition!

That is one hell of a score, Carlos!!

to the ICC also!!
    Big M Auto-

"We buy junk, and sell antiques"
    ICC member since just after dirt, but before baseball.

Wow, looks like a great and clean car!

Is it a '58 or a converted '57? I'm just asking because she wears 57 hubcaps.
    Those sport tone inserts look familiar to me, they are made by Jim Rawa, also
    a member here. I do have the same ones on my car!

Its a 58, Born with all its side trim, Looks to have been repainted once and who ever did it left all its trim intact and good thing cos they would have prolly ruined it by trying to take it all off. It has all the fragile trim clips on it still. I have the more rare hubcaps on the way. I need just one more if anyone here has one they want to get rid of but without the gold center on them. I have herd of the Name Jim Rawa before. I would have passed on it if it was a 57 to start with but even those are cool cars. How hard would it be to find a twin Belvedere convertible? Yikes!!

Quote Originally Posted by CRG View Post
    Yup this is the one that was posted on Craig's List, Apparently the seller was not responding to phone calls or e-mails. I simply called the number and spoke with the seller and said i`m not going to beat around the bush "What do you want for it?" And no I didn't say what ever your asking it`s not enough like in the movie! :)

I`m going to install the out side door handles and locks to both doors and re attach the Plymouth lettering that goes on the rear trunk and will also be painting the roof white once we color match the red on the doors. Wide white walls are on the agenda as well and am waiting for the fury hubcaps in the mail.
    I read this post second, So Guess the top won't be Red for long. I'm a little different and probably a lot older then most members, not saying I am wiser:) But most of mycars have a little custom work on them, But the 58 Only thing is the Hood Scoop I have to have for the Carb Clearance and the wheels. If I din't have to have door handles on Redsled to Race I would have them shaved. But I always say your car your money do as you wish. You are the one that drives it and If anybody else don't like what you have done to it they won't ever be able to ride in it But no doubt It is a great looking car:) Oh Yea to the club Glad to have you:)

Superb car mate.

You've found the right place.... welcome to the ICC.

Lee.
    UK.
    Everything's good!

Well it`s official , Its a California car now. After getting the proper registration I drove her to get her insured and is now almost ready! I then took it to a local Bobs big boys that has a hot rod show every Friday night rain or shine in Glendale Ca rite down the street from the Disney studios.

Captain Bionic Grandpa of AUS OzySteve's Avatar
    very cool...........congrats as well
    Build it yourself, then at least you know it will be right.

Outstanding....She's the star of show............