Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: CRG`s Belvedere

Quote Originally Posted by CRG View Post
    Thanks for the photo Crissy, Now here is a photo of the parts that came in the package so my next ? is what the heck are the small parts in the second picture and how do they go mounted?
    What small parts do you mean? I disassembled and assembled the whole thing on my car. Maybe this helps http://internationalchristineclub.ne...+signal+switch

These parts, They were in the same bag with the rest. I got the signal part working from looking at the pictures Chirssy posted but have no idea what these things are for

I clicked on your link and got thise notice , "you do not have permission to access this page"

I guess I`m not worthy! LOL

I can drink Gasoline and Piss on a Bush Fire Rebels-59's Avatar

I clicked on your link and got thise notice , "you do not have permission to access this page"

I guess I`m not worthy! LOL
    That Link will be for the Full Forum mate,

You get Full Access after 30 Posts on the forum, All is Free still ..

Post Harder

Clive

Here are the pics of it apart. I just did it a few minutes ago don't see the parts your showing.

Thank you Chrissy, That`s exactly how mine fell apart and looks to work fine without the small parts. Tha Mopar bag it came is says 57-59 so I`m wondering if a 59 would take those parts?

Also donīt know the small parts. Parts are just like Chrissy showed.
    I think when used parts are sold the seller sometimes does not know what belongs together and assigns it wrong. Maybe the customer of another part says "Shit, there are some small parts missing!"
    Be careful with that switch. The black stud is plastic. On a used part that I got from ebay (because I just needed the roller contact) it was broken.
    After cleaning, greasing and tighteing the screws mine worked smooth again.

Tell me about it, When I was messing with the one in the car everything was loose and I started to move the switch back and forth and the small black tab broke off so I to buy another one cos of that. It was probably to old and dry. I`m sure there are ways to fix broken switches. I`m going to epoxy a small piece of turned aluminum to save the extra one I have and put it away. Gona do more work on her today and turning my cell phone off so I get no interruptions.

Today: Installed the turn signal switch and wired it to specs and all passed! Even the dash light said hello!
    Installed the sender in the tank and mounted the tank back in the car. Then proceeded to re install the lettering on the trunk that somebody decided to braze shut. Lucky for me the brass was easy to work with so I drilled a few pilot holes and with a fine square file was able to put the letters back where they belong.

I then installed the small missing trim pieces that go just below the tail lights. These things fit perfectly

Next i`m dismounting the tires and get the wheels powder coated black and install some 7.50X14 Wide white wall tires. And still waiting on the new rear leaf springs.
    Last edited by CRG; 12-26-2014 at 01:05 AM.

Awesome! Nice to see her returning to her former glory!

Leaf springs finally arrived, I ordered them from http://www.springsnthings.com/ and very resonbly priced when compared to other places. I also finished rebuilding the dash cluster with NOS gas gauge and temp gauge. Next are the wheels and a couple more crazy procedures.

Right on!
    Big M Auto-

"We buy junk, and sell antiques"
    ICC member since just after dirt, but before baseball.

The gauge cluster looks nice...............

Looking good moving right along. Doing good work. :)

Every thing you do looks great! You have a beautiful car.

Thanks guys and you too chrissy, I installed the rear leaf springs and shackles along with new shocks and I got a higher ride now witch is exactly what I wanted cos the car looked to low when I got it. The new wide white wall tires I ordered are 7.40X14 so that should give the car the stance that I am looking for. I also raised the front end just a bit for now but will see where she sits once the new tires are on. So now she sits wheel-less till her new shoes come in.

Do you have a puller for those rear hubs?

No. I did manage to take off the rear drums just by pulling on them to inspect the rear brake shoes and they look nice and meaty. I did notice a groove in the center of the shoes. Is that a Plymouth thing?

I was set on painting the wheels black but then started to look at the wheels on these cars and noticed some had silver painted rims and I liked the way they look when mounted on white wall tires so I stripped them and silver they went.

Man......she's going to look sharp............

I can drink Gasoline and Piss on a Bush Fire Rebels-59's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DVJohn View Post
    Do you have a puller for those rear hubs?
    No. I did manage to take off the rear drums just by pulling on them to inspect the rear brake shoes and they look nice and meaty. I did notice a groove in the center of the shoes. Is that a Plymouth thing?
    Just realised you have a Later Rear Axle on the Plymouth, You dont have the Original Taper Rear Axle, Hence your Drums will just pull off , Is your Parking Brake hooked up to the Newer rear axle or is does it still run the Transmission Brake..