Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: My 4dr christine rolling project!

She goes right into gear no wait or nothing, the only thing is sometimes it'll be like a thud like a little kick when you put it in gear but sometimes you cant even feel it, its on and off, and also just want to say to you Austin thanks soo much for trying to help me out here I really do appreciate it!! and everyone else:)
    Ty

I can drink Gasoline and Piss on a Bush Fire Rebels-59's Avatar
    Hey TY,

back home,,

Have you checked the Trans Oil Level properly , also what age is the Engine /Trans, as not sure but think there may be a Vaccuum pipe from engine to back of Trans, if that is missing or broken it can harm top gear engaging from memory.. Just thinking out loud at the moment ..

Hey Clive!!! Thanks!! Happy to be back on here!!! The oil in the trans and engine were both low so I topped both off, the engine is a 65 383 and trans is a 66 727, I have no idea if it has that where might I look to see? Its funny because the first shift isn't right still takes to long but its not nearly as bad as the 2nd shift, it takes me flooring it to shift and I know im soon ganna get caught by a cop and get a ticket :/
    Ty

Not sure if the 66 Trans had the Vacuum Modulator, If it does it will be a small vacuum canister type of thing on the side of the trans, I am sure a member here with Trans Knowledge of the 727 can tell you for sure mate,

How did you check your trans level, Engine Running or Not, Hot or Cold.. I always check mine engine running on Idle / Wheels Choked and in Reverse Gear, Clean the Dipstick and dip it straight in an out , You should get a fairly accurate reading then..

Ill check and see if it has a vacuum canister on it tomorrow, I was looking underneath and i didnt notice one but yet I wasnt looking for it lol, I know its missing the linkage from the carb to the trans, but would that be that much of a problem not having it?
    Ty

There's no vacuum modulator...thats GM stuff. The kickdown linkage does control shifts. I would get under the car and move the lever forward and tie it again. It might be too far back. You really need to fabricate a kickdown linkage. There should be enough room to make one up...or get a cable type.

What happens when you manually shift? Start in 1 then 2 then drive?

1957 Savoy 2dr sedan, 1957 Belvedere 2dr hardtop, 1957 2dr Suburban, 1958 Savoy 4dr sedan, 1959 Savoy 4dr sedan, 1959 Belvedere 4dr sedan, 1961 Plymouth Savoy 4dr sedan, 1962 Newport 4dr sedan, 1963 Imperial 4dr, 1963 Imperial 2dr

Another thing...you could have a stuck/faulty governor possibly.

Here's a link to someone having similar issues to you. Check it out. Read, Digest, and Troubleshoot.

http://www.bigblockdart.com/forum/sh...nkage-on-a-727

1957 Savoy 2dr sedan, 1957 Belvedere 2dr hardtop, 1957 2dr Suburban, 1958 Savoy 4dr sedan, 1959 Savoy 4dr sedan, 1959 Belvedere 4dr sedan, 1961 Plymouth Savoy 4dr sedan, 1962 Newport 4dr sedan, 1963 Imperial 4dr, 1963 Imperial 2dr

How do I go about fabricating one? What parts can I get to start with? When I start in one its fine but when i shift it into 2nd nothing happens just stays the same.....

Would something like this be a good start http://www.jegs.com/i/Lokar/625/KDP-...uVIaAjpV8P8HAQ
    Last edited by crazy58fury; 04-08-2015 at 02:21 AM.

Start by finding a factory kickdown rod for your engine/trans combo. 1966ish MoPar with a big block. I'm sure there are some bigblock Chryslers and Dodges sitting in junkyards around there.

Hey Ty. Where are you in NY ? I'm on Long Island. Have a Torqueflite trans sitting in my shed if you want it. PM me if interested. Phil.

The governor pressure and throttle pressure work with one another to determine upshift times. Austin is correct, there is no vacuum modulator on these units.

---John
    Big M Auto-

"We buy junk, and sell antiques"
    ICC member since just after dirt, but before baseball.

I only know of about 2 junkyards and they both said they dont have any 727 with a big block they said they dont have any cars with a 727, so buying a universal kick down cable kit wouldnt work?
    Last edited by crazy58fury; 04-08-2015 at 10:12 PM.

I figured I would mess around today, and adjusted the kickdown lever on the trans and moved it forward a little bit, now the trans shifts a million times better, shifts at much better times and barley feel the shift:) before it would hop like, it would push ya back in your seat a SEC when it shifted now its smooth:) I still am ganna try to fabricate a kickdown I guess but in the mean time its so much better and in gas lol,and so far since driving this car I get soo many looks and comments lol oh and almost pulled over lol, im so happy to have a Plymouth and be back on here with you guys
    Ty

Went to visit a friend today and drove our plymouths!!!

Nice pics! Thanks for sharing.

Thanks Crissy! Cant wait for you to post more pics of yours!! Im still jelous of how you did amazing on your seats!!
    Ty

Thank you Ty. Wish I could SEW the rest of the car together. Want to drive her out of the yard like your doing.

Yeah but when you get to it'll be restored! Mine isn't lol
    Ty

Great to see you out driving er................

Cool to see you out enjoying her Tyler..

Who's is the other Plymouth