Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hemsby-54 2015 Rockabilly weekender

Growing up my only familiarity with Opels was the Opel GT, my old man wanted one, as they looked like a mini-Corvette. Plus, I do remember a few Opels on the edge of the Buick dealer's lot. I think they were marketed with Buick here in the states.
    Pete
    "Stick with me, kid, and you'll have horse turds as big as diamonds."

We had two Opels, a white wagon and a copperish wagon. Dads copper one was a '68 the other was a '67 or '69. They would go 80 MPH all day long. School was 7 miles away, On I70 @ 70 we got there pretty quick. Then I bought a 1958 Chevrolet Cameo Carrier, brother got the white Opel until he got a '68 Camaro. Marc.
    "She'll Start, You'll Need These."

The Opel Manta i sold recently was a Buick 1900 Coupe in the US, if I remember correctly.

Sorry for the derail.

Those PA Crestas are probably now one of the rarest cars posted on the ICC......coz they all rusted to hell.
    Captain Keep-On-Thread strikes again!!!

Captain Bionic Grandpa of AUS OzySteve's Avatar
    if you stood close enough to them PA's you could hear them rusting
    Build it yourself, then at least you know it will be right.

I remember the first time I saw a PA Cresta.

It was parked up at night under an orange hued street light.... it was foggy and the front loomed out of the mist.

I was blown away, I thought it looked just like Christine... I was even more amazed to see it was a Vauxhall.

They're my favourite British car but thanks to the rust issues, I haven't ever seen too many of them.
    Everything's good!