Thread: Chrysler Historical Society Build Sheet report

Chrysler Historical Society Build Sheet report

As some ICC members might already know, The Walter P. Chrysler Museum offers a Build Sheet report by request for 57/58 Plymouth vehicles. For a cost of $45. Fiat Chrsyler will send you a print out showing the date your car was built, Shipping date, Dealer destination as well as all options that the car came with.

I just received the information that I requested and I found out that:

My car was built at the Detroit plant (Christine was too)
    on May 22nd 1958 (Happy early Birthday!!!), and it was shipped out the next day to a dealership in Nashua, New Hampshire.
    The color code on the car was JXJ Green and White.
    It came with a heater and defroster.
    And white wall tires.

They also provided me with a photo copied picture of the car's actual build sheet which is kept in the Chrysler museum archives.

The $45 fee is a little steep for the presentation value, but the information in general is really neat to know.

Along with the print out was a xerox "Dealership Brochure" The pictures took up two different pages, but nice to have as well.

Just wanted to stop in and let everyone know about this.

Mike

It is a cool service, neat to have your cars build sheet.
    Pete
    "Stick with me, kid, and you'll have horse turds as big as diamonds."

That is super cool!! It's kinda crazy that they still have all this info almost 60 years later!

I know it. I tried calling around to as many Chrysler dealerships as I could, but they basically all told me that they couldn't do any searching at all, or they told me that their records don't go back any further than maybe the 1980's.

Someone suggested the Detroit public library system, Someone said that they were the records keepers for the Chrysler corp, but the library system said that they aren't. It was the library system that suggested the Chrysler museum.

I know it. I tried calling around to as many Chrysler dealerships as I could, but they basically all told me that they couldn't do any searching at all, or they told me that their records don't go back any further than maybe the 1980's.

Someone suggested the Detroit public library system, Someone said that they were the records keepers for the Chrysler corp, but the library system said that they aren't. It was the library system that suggested the Chrysler museum.