Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
Results 81 to 88 of 88

Thread: 1957 4 door belvedere "ALICE"

  1. #81
    Quote Originally Posted by 58Jackie View Post
    Looks good! So where did you get the shiny gold material at?
    This is Fury Jim Rawa insert material that he sells. It is Mylar and pretty heavy duty. It's not a perfect match to my inserts (he ran 2 different types of gold inserts) but I'm happy to have them! Jim's left over scraps are another man's treasures! Haha!

  2. #82
    And on that note, my 13k mile original 2 speed tranny showed up last night! So this Sunday I will be installing it in the car. Along with new idle arm and tierod adjustment sleeve.


  3. #83
    Just a quick update... I sold Alice last week! I got 6K for the car. Probably about what I had in her. The motor starting having an knocking issue and the transmission was leaking pretty bad.

    Now time to finish getting my 57 wagon ready! I need to post more pics. I have not been in here in a while!

  4. #84
    Is the leaky transmission the one in the picture two posts above??!!
    Captain Keep-On-Thread strikes again!!!

  5. #85
    Quote Originally Posted by billy whizz View Post
    Is the leaky transmission the one in the picture two posts above??!!
    Yes. It was a low mile transmission but I didn't change out the front main seal before installing it.. I think it was leaking from there.

  6. #86
    ICC member 57belv's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Minnesota, U.S.A.
    Posts
    1,156
    Quote Originally Posted by cloverdragger View Post
    Yes. It was a low mile transmission but I didn't change out the front main seal before installing it.. I think it was leaking from there.
    Oh, I've discovered that's a necessity for any transmission install. I learned that lesson with my first '58 after I had to pull the motor after the guy I bought her from failed to change the seal.

  7. #87
    Quote Originally Posted by 57belv View Post
    Oh, I've discovered that's a necessity for any transmission install. I learned that lesson with my first '58 after I had to pull the motor after the guy I bought her from failed to change the seal.
    And i Put 3 trannys in this car, You would think I would have learned!!

    Oh well.. its sold and the new owner can fix it!

  8. #88
    By by Alice. Do you think the new owner will finish her on the forum???

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •