Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 1966 Ford Mustang

Thanks and definitely it.

Not much but writing what to do and what it needs. Needs a new radiator support and the firewall that we believe was cut & pushed back in the section for the heater so they can have an A/C too.

We will be going to the Carlisle Events Lakeland FL winter car show later in the month and will look to find some things. Tom Wopat will be there for some of the days.
    Beavis & Butthead 2011.

Quote Originally Posted by ChristineFury View Post
    Thanks and definitely it.

Not much but writing what to do and what it needs. Needs a new radiator support and the firewall that we believe was cut & pushed back in the section for the heater so they can have an A/C too.

We will be going to the Carlisle Events Lakeland FL winter car show later in the month and will look to find some things. Tom Wopat will be there for some of the days.
    Lakeland is a bit of a trip but it sounds like fun.
    Think outside the box. Use your imagination.

It was fun for me the last time and saw a pedal car made to look like a 57 Fury in another thread I posted here.

I saved the number on the heater blower with a Pentastar by it. It was from a 70's/80's Dodge truck.
    Beavis & Butthead 2011.

Parts for my 1966 Mustang. $10 for the Mustang & Corral. $15 for the rear valance with the correct holes for the backup lights that the one on my car didn't have because it was for a 64 & 65 Mustang before the laws of backup lights.

Beavis & Butthead 2011.

The parts look great. Wish Plymouth parts were priced this reasonable.

Quote Originally Posted by Chrissy Mopar View Post
    The parts look great. Wish Plymouth parts were priced this reasonable.
    That's why you got to go Bow Tie and Blue Oval Chrissy. The world is at your disposal.

The few the proud. The Mopar crowd!
    Pete
    "Stick with me, kid, and you'll have horse turds as big as diamonds."

Good score, Matt!!
    Big M Auto-

"We buy junk, and sell antiques"
    ICC member since just after dirt, but before baseball.

ICC Member
    Even the notches are starting to go for silly money over here - and the fastbacks have gone mental! I'll replace the '90 with a '60s model some time in the future as they're a fairly practical cool car to have. Look forward to seeing progress on this one

Quote Originally Posted by anth View Post
    Even the notches are starting to go for silly money over here - and the fastbacks have gone mental! I'll replace the '90 with a '60s model some time in the future as they're a fairly practical cool car to have. Look forward to seeing progress on this one
    Start by calling young John Fowlie up tomorrow. Tell him, no beg him to sell you one of his mustangs on the premises.
    No matter what price John tells you, offer him a little more because he's a nice bloke.

Thanks.

The horse & corral are $90 for new ones and this one is original. $40 to over $50 for a new rear valance but I don't know whether it's original or not.

That's why you got to go Bow Tie and Blue Oval Chrissy. The world is at your disposal.
    Well not all Ford parts are cheap or available. You think Galaxie would have more parts but they don't and especially the body panels which really only cover parts of the floor but not the whole floor. I found that out when I had the 1965 Custom 500.
    Beavis & Butthead 2011.

Slow as I should be doing anything. Got most of the sand that was in the car.

I looked and took pictures of everything above but not below. Looks like the floor would need doing again as they cut spots and put new floor over the original body metal instead of doing it any of the factory seams. You can see overlap of the old under the new. Although it could be they were thinking of just a racer or something.

Beavis & Butthead 2011.

I would have thought the Mustangs were one of the best served cars on the planet for spare parts. My 65 Tbird is very well covered, but the cost of even small orders is killed by the dealers overcharging for shipping. UK to US postage is about 30% of the US to UK charges.
    Captain Keep-On-Thread strikes again!!!

Quote Originally Posted by billy whizz View Post
    I would have thought the Mustangs were one of the best served cars on the planet for spare parts. My 65 Tbird is very well covered, but the cost of even small orders is killed by the dealers overcharging for shipping. UK to US postage is about 30% of the US to UK charges.
    Same here. Also the cost of shipping something I was looking at from the US was $25AU whereas the same item from the UK was $5AU. I can't remember what it was but it was for something small and $25 was ridiculous..

I was wishing that the sellers of my car was more honest or even just honest and told me the things needed. I could of sent the things needed there and put it in the boot. Things like vent window frames, door rubbers etc. Anything big or bulky! I don't mind paying the prices asked for parts but the extreme charges of freight just blow it too far out for me..
    Last edited by matte; 05-25-2016 at 09:03 AM.
    George Costanza- Jerry, just remember, itís not a lie if you believe it.

Ordered some books for it and got some today with two more on back order.

66 Facts Book
    66 Owners Manual
    66 Engine Equipment Assembly Manual
    66 Body Assembly Manual
    66 Exploded View Illustration Manual
    66 Interior Assembly Manual
    66 Wiring Diagram

Back Ordered
    66 Electrical Assembly Manual & 1966 Shop Manual
    Beavis & Butthead 2011.

I have been busy so not much done. I took the door panels off and instead of the factory ones with this old cloth fabric out over them It was cheap interior house wood paneling redone & shaped like the factory panels.
    Beavis & Butthead 2011.

Here is two pics of it. You can see the cheap wood wall panel and the fabric which looks like had foam under it shaped in a design.

Beavis & Butthead 2011.

Quote Originally Posted by Imperial King View Post
    Eddie I can not believe you said that.
    Mustangs are cool looking and I did own one but it is not Christine.

I decided to do a little what if today with my photo editor of a 1958 Plymouth grille on a 1966 Mustang. I couldn't find a Fury gold grille to use for it which is what I was thinking of.

Beavis & Butthead 2011.

I haven't done much. But I got the top & bottom seat frame yesterday at a car & swap for $20. They had a 2 door hardtop 65 Sport Fury for $800 with a good body. But no rear end or interior and engine/trans.

It needs more body work than I can do right now. I might consider selling it next year for something that doesn't need as much body work. Maybe even trade it 55-66 Ford or Mopar.
    Beavis & Butthead 2011.