Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 1960 Ford Prefect 107e

1960 Ford Prefect 107e

This is my current project I'm hoping to have finished this year... Will be painting the back doors this weekend then getting the fibreglass wings sorted out. Should be plain sailing after that, putting fuel lines, exhaust, windows etc in, brakes over haul then go over the electrics! Sounds quick and easy when I put it like that haha

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20151208_101211.jpg 
Views:	52 
Size:	51.3 KB 
ID:	10937

Guy
    Last edited by OzySteve; 12-08-2015 at 10:57 AM.

Captain Bionic Grandpa of AUS OzySteve's Avatar
    upsized the pic for you mate.......

cool little pommie car

show us more
    Build it yourself, then at least you know it will be right.

I had to google some images for this car, I've never heard of it! Looks cool. Please post more on it the further you go.
    Pete
    "Stick with me, kid, and you'll have horse turds as big as diamonds."

Nice and straight forward job. Do you have all the parts to complete?
    Captain Keep-On-Thread strikes again!!!

Cheers Steve, and yeah Pete they're good cars, I've got alot of upgrades bought and planned for it for the future. Done the sills inner and outer (or rockers) most floor pans, box sections underneath, rear quarters, back valance, repairs to all door bottoms and rear arches, all new metal in with some repair panels too. Seam welded, no seam sealer welding haha. Inner fenders needed work also, roof joints, lots of hidden corners of rot repaired haha, got some more pics on my camera I will be doing a full restoration thread eventually with all the photos on the Ford 100e forum, I will link you to it when it's done, but I'll keep you posted here Too!
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20150307_221118000_iOS.jpg 
Views:	12 
Size:	93.1 KB 
ID:	10938

Waiting on the door & window seals etc but other than that I've got everything I need, I've not had to steal any parts thankfully from the 1958 Prefect I have also, a future project...

Guy

Cool project!!!
    Big M Auto-

"We buy junk, and sell antiques"
    ICC member since just after dirt, but before baseball.

"Inner fenders needed work"......! That doesn't have "fenders" it has WINGS!!!!

Leave the yanks to marmalise our Queen's english language and terminology....they can't help it.

Thanks john! And haha, yeah, it is an English car after all!

Hello Guy.

My first car was a 1959 Ford Popular 100E.

Sidevalve, I loved that little car.

She was my "Christine" back then (minus any fins) but I loved that little car and played American Graffiti on an old 8 Track in her constantly.

30 years later and thanks to this club I now have the only (just about) driving Christine in England (there's another in Wales).

A couple of others are buying built at the moment though.

I love Prefects, Squires, Anglias, Pops etc. they look especially good with a Sun Visor.

Cheers!

Lee.
    Near Colchester.
    Everything's good!

Hi Lee,

A fibreglass sun visor should be going on it very soon! This one is the updated version of the 100e as you probably know, 4 gears and the OHV engine instead of the sidevalve and 3 speed, fancy! The other old prefect I have is the sidevalve but I have an 1800 Pinto to swap in the future. I can't wait to get some speakers in it too, just want it on the road first!

Guy

I can drink Gasoline and Piss on a Bush Fire Rebels-59's Avatar
    One of my first cars was a Ford Anglia 105E Super, 1200cc... I pulled the Engine and Trans and dropped a 1500cc MK1 Cortina engine /trans in it and left it on the 1200cc axle..
    I had great fun in it for 18 months, Sold it to buy a Mk2 Consul 375...

These Classics have gone way up in value over the years,

Quote Originally Posted by Rebels-59 View Post
    One of my first cars was a Ford Anglia 105E Super, 1200cc... I pulled the Engine and Trans and dropped a 1500cc MK1 Cortina engine /trans in it and left it on the 1200cc axle..
    I had great fun in it for 18 months, Sold it to buy a Mk2 Consul 375...

These Classics have gone way up in value over the years,
    I've got a 1200cc mk1 cortina engine and box for this one as it's basically the only engine that will swap straight in. Will be more bareable than the standard 997cc, still looking for a 1500! Yeah, even just in the last couple years alone they've gone up. So have the engines and parts for them!

Cool little car. Colour suits it too. Could you fit the 1700 zephyr 4 engine? That was non crossflow.

Guy I'm looking forward to seeing more of this car.

Quote Originally Posted by christineuk View Post
    Cool little car. Colour suits it too. Could you fit the 1700 zephyr 4 engine? That was non crossflow.
    It's funny you say that I was wondering recently if it had been done, the older Consuls have 1700 engines too, not sure if they're similar/the exact same. Would be a cool swap, at a push you can fit crossflows but with most engine swaps and nearly every gear box upgrade you need to cut the baulkhead and tunnel.

Should get a lot done this weekend Chrissy so I'll take some pics! Christmas holidays off work soon also so I should get most of the mechanicals completed then. Cold spanners!

Guy

What no Ford Essex V6 and Jaguar back axle? You're doing it all wrong!

Quote Originally Posted by billy whizz View Post
    What no Ford Essex V6 and Jaguar back axle? You're doing it all wrong!
    Hahaha, there is plenty rover v8s about...

There you go mate......a 4 litre Rover V8 out of a late model Range Rover would do the job nicely. It will shoot off the road like a Scalextric toy with your thumb right down on the plunger.....weeeeheeeee!

Interesting that Ford was still using flat windshields as late as 1960 on it's Australian cars.
    Think outside the box. Use your imagination.