Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Ribbed roof trim clips

I can drink Gasoline and Piss on a Bush Fire Rebels-59's Avatar
    My JOKE remarks above may of been lost in translation to some,, Hopefully Geoff knows i was joking and knew he was the seller from shropshire,,
    No offence was meant..

Clive

Quote Originally Posted by Rebels-59 View Post
    My JOKE remarks above may of been lost in translation to some,, Hopefully Geoff knows i was joking and knew he was the seller from shropshire,,
    No offence was meant..

Clive
    LOL Nah Clive it reads that you were just joking....
    George Costanza- Jerry, just remember, itís not a lie if you believe it.

Quote Originally Posted by OzySteve View Post
    I just got a shipping price on some goods out of the USA

$40 to ship to Aus, 12000 miles

$30 to ship to San Jose CA for friends to bring with them when they come down under, 1000 miles

Makes no sense
    US Post is insane e.g VIN tag $12 US Post $22 US
    AUS Post is pretty bad too. Especially how the Ex CEO was the highest paid Postal CEO in the world at $5.5 Million AUS annual (including bonus) Cost me $45 to send 5 teal towels to the UK.
    UK has the best pricing for things to get sent here. Obviously I don't get yank car parts from there but have bought a lot of motorcycle parts and misc stuff.
    George Costanza- Jerry, just remember, itís not a lie if you believe it.

Clive, I knew you would suss the connection on my eBay listing straight away. There is only ONE Christine guy in Shropshire UK, (Cost I killed all the others).

I knew you guys would enjoy trying to crank me up. I do it all the time and deserve it back from all of you, it's all good clean fun.

My eBay listing price is purely speculative. After feeling exploited by the other guy I got word that he was planning a big selling campaign so just wanted to undermine a $250 market price by selling for half his price. Just playing politics with the repro parts market.

I could obviously sell for a lot less than the eBay price, and would happily do so for anyone in the ICC. Nobody has done me any favours outside the ICC, so I am happy to make my money off strangers.

Remember I lost $10,000 plus with Mark and Duckwad and the project is now seriously over budget. If I can make a few bucks back then I will.

If anyone wants the clips please deal with Marc first. He seems to have a good deal and being in the US you guys will benefit from the exchange rates and shipping better than I can offer. I don't want to step on anyone's toes. I intended my eBay listing to establish myself as the only good supplier of these in Europe, but just had to show them visible on US ebay to prevent escalation of prices in the US.

No offence Clive.......your commits WERE taken in the spirit intended......wanker!
    Captain Keep-On-Thread strikes again!!!

Those clips look great Geoff, I have cleaned and painted my original clips but looking at those now I'm thinking that stainless would certainly be an upgrade

I can drink Gasoline and Piss on a Bush Fire Rebels-59's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by billy whizz View Post
    Clive, I knew you would suss the connection on my eBay listing straight away. There is only ONE Christine guy in Shropshire UK, (Cost I killed all the others).

No offence Clive.......your commits WERE taken in the spirit intended......

Quote Originally Posted by matte View Post
    Geoff what grade SS are they cut from??
    This current batch are 304 grade stainless steel in 0.5mm thickness. That is the thinnest available here. Grade and thickness make the parts easier to stamp and to get the complex profile. It also means the stainless can act like spring steel for the ability to force the trim over the clip so it springs back and holds them closely. The downside is it's the thinnest and lowest grade stainless steel, but should still be durable.

bearing in mind I only have ONE original clip - a slightly rusty one that John Fowlie kindly sent me. I know the steel ones are thicker gauge metal, but do not have any 'spring' in them. To my mind the new clips have to be a lighter gauge than the moulding you are forcing to clip over them. There has to be more give in the clip than the moulding.

A later step would be to try making them out of 0.7mm and higher grade stainless - the ultimate goal. BUT, that would need a slightly different profile and a new stamp die. For the time being I am happy to rely on and experiment with these.

Anyone able to tell me a setting-out dimension from the roof gutter? I can only drill the holes the once!!!

Do you mean the gutter itself Geoff of the ribbed trim directrly under it?
    Everything's good!