Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Green Christine

Quote Originally Posted by 57belv View Post
    The T handle in the dash seems like a good compromise since it's about where the overdrive lever would mount if so equipped, I originally thought there was something rigged below the dash for the park function. Just wait Mr. Bob, I'm sure Idaho Bob will chime in!
    Yes Chris...you remember correctly as it was jury-rigged under the dash when i got the car...hose clamped to the parking brake shaft. I actually found the drilled aluminum plate and the T-handle in the glove box shortly after I got the car...so someone had it in mind to finish up the job but never got to it. So this is how it turned out. It works very well. Nice to have to keep the car from rolling away after I park it...but I still need an e-mergency brake for panic stops if needed.

The Ooh Gah horn came with the car. I almost removed it but my wife pleaded with me to leave it and...put the button for it on her side. She has more fun with that thing and yes...it's very loud.

The power brake booster on the inner fender was also there when I bought it. It works very well. From what I've been told by some very helpful friends in the hobby, this could be a dealer installed item...Called a Bendix Power Brake Booster. Preferred by dealers at the time because it was much easier/cheaper to install.

Bob
    1958 Plymouth Belvedere 2 dr. ht. 318 AFB, 3 spd auto.
    1958 DeSoto Firesweep 2 dr. ht. 350 2B, 3 spd. auto.

As iron sharpens iron,
    So a man sharpens the countenance of his friend.

Proverbs 27:17

Mine has a T handle too.....don't know what it does. That mean I have a bit of "Frankenstein custom bodging" going on there?
    Captain Keep-On-Thread strikes again!!!

The wonderful thing about that aftermarket booster is you can actually check/fill the master cylinder!
    Pete
    "Stick with me, kid, and you'll have horse turds as big as diamonds."

Quote Originally Posted by SavoyPlaza View Post
    The wonderful thing about that aftermarket booster is you can actually check/fill the master cylinder!
    Pete
    Absolutely! That's exactly what I thought when I bought her Pete. It's so much easier to remove the cover and fill the bowl. The "cool factor" of the bellows is not there though.

As iron sharpens iron,

Thanks for sharing more photos of your car Bob. Such a pretty car. What is the gauge where the original dash clock would have been? Also, is that an aftermarket radio too?
    1958 Plymouth Belvedere 2 dr ht (under restoration)

ROCK AND ROLL WILL NEVER DIE

Is this possibly your car before you bought it?
    Ty
    Best smell in the world, except maybe for $+%|

Quote Originally Posted by crazy58fury View Post
    Is this possibly your car before you bought it?
    Ty
    Well...it doesn't appear to be my car...because mine has a 57 hood, silver lower grill and bumperwings but who knows? My car came out of Denver CO and it was in the Forney museum of transportant for many years.

Do you know where this car was photographed?

Also, does this car have 57 fender spears on it?
    Last edited by furvedere; 02-13-2016 at 06:00 AM.

As iron sharpens iron,

Quote Originally Posted by furvedere View Post
    Well...it doesn't appear to be my car...because mine has a 57 hood, silver lower grill and bumperwings but who knows? My car came out of Denver CO and it was in the Forney museum of transportant for many years.

Do you know where this car was photographed?

Also, does this car have 57 fender spears on it?
    Ohhhhh ok never mind, its from nj,
    Tt
    Best smell in the world, except maybe for $+%|