Thread: 1957 Plymouth Fury V-800

1957 Plymouth Fury V-800

She is quite a unique machine, and is the last 1957 Fury built that is still known to exist today! Number 7351 of 7438, built 8-28-57 & Optioned with factory P/W, A/C, Heat, AM Push Button Radio and Rear Seat Speaker along with the standard Fury package (P/S, P/B, V-800 318 2x4V, Torsion-Aire Suspension w/ HD Leaf Springs, Torque-Flite 3 Spd. Push Button Transmission, Gold Trim, Bumper Wings, Dual Mirrors (since deleted), Special Wheel Covers, Padded Dash, Sun Visors etc...)

She left the factory with a few 58 items installed. I'm told that this was standard practice in Detroit when the correct parts ran out this late in the production year. The air cleaners are factory correct 58 ovals, along with hood and trunk emblems. Also, the 57 dash has the 58 trim installed (stars, not dots). There is another 57 Fury owner known who bought his original one brand new directly from the dealer in NJ fresh out of high school in 1957. It too was delivered from Detroit with factory 58 ovals installed.

If you know of anyone out there who has a later built 1957 Plymouth from Detroit, I'd love to be in touch with them.

Thanks for checking this out!

-Ron
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails RR Landscape 1 cropped.jpg   RR Landscape 4 cropped.jpg   framed keystone cropped.jpg  

Ron, I moved the other content of this thread to the members area as requested.
    However, I left this first post as a tater for non members to salivate over.

Cheers.

Lee.
    Everything's good!

Mmmm. Taters.

I believe that's 'taste', Mr. Lee Wee.

And she is a fine car, too, Ron.
    Pete

I like them french fried potaters