Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New (old) guy from Florida

New (old) guy from Florida

I’m new to this forum, but not the world of Christine…been a big fan of the book and the movie since it came out in theaters in ‘83, and I’ve been a hotrodder and motorhead since I was a teenager.

I joined the CCC (or an earlier iteration of that site) back in 2009 as "ghostcruiser", but had to drop out of circulation for a while, to deal with the variances of “real life”; I just recently rejoined the CCC, and thought I’d join this forum, too, to cover all the bases of what’s going on in the ’57-’58 Plymouth hobby.

Two kids through college, a couple of other car projects, and a bunch of money spent on other stuff later, I've still got my future “book Christine” project: a white-over-black '57 Savoy 4-door sedan. My wonderful wife purchased it for me for a Valentine’s Day present about 20 or so years ago from an old high school teacher, and paid 100 dollars for it (running, and I’m the third owner)…the previous owner had even named it “Priscilla”, lol.

At this stage of the build, the car has been stripped of its components, all parts catalogued and/or stored, and the car itself is under wraps (waterproof tarps) while I pursued other interests (I've got some photos of it I can upload here later, in a separate thread). I have recently finished a rat rod project (1962 Ford Falcon 2-door station wagon), and am in the middle of 2 others, a 1943 Ford GPW jeep (I also am a WW2 living historian), and a 1974 Dodge Monaco Bluesmobile tribute car (an ex-Ohio Highway Patrol car, with a 440)…which means the ’57 Plymouth is still on the list, albeit at the bottom.

At this stage, though, I'm once again checking the pulse of what's going on in the world of Christine, and am gearing up for the Savoy build by reading everything I can, and gradually buying the ’58-specific parts I’ll need to turn it into a book clone…....this time, though, I plan on staying active in the community, as I’m starting to have more free time in my older age.

Thanks for having me. :)

Rob
    "Let's motorvate!" - Arnie Cunningham

"See anything green? see anything green....see anything GREEN?" - Arnie Cunningham, corpse

1943 Ford GPW
    1957 Plymouth Savoy 4-door sedan
    1962 Ford Falcon Ratwagon
    1974/5 Dodge Monaco Bluesmobile cop car
    2005 Dodge Magnum 5.7 R/T

Rob! We more old geezers on the site to keep it active. Good luck with the Savoy/Christine project! Marc.
    "She'll Start, You'll Need These."

Thanks for the warm welcome, Marc...it's nice to be in the company of other geezers! :)

Rob

"See anything green? see anything green....see anything GREEN?" - Arnie Cunningham, corpse

1943 Ford GPW

I can drink Gasoline and Piss on a Bush Fire Rebels-59's Avatar
    to the ICC Rob,
    Good to see you posting.. Once you have 30 Posts the whole forum becomes visible including the Tech Area..

Please post some PICs of your Plymouth when you get some time mate..

Clive
    UK

back Rob. There are a few us here from Florida also.
    Think outside the box. Use your imagination.

back, Rob!!

I remember you from the days of Plymouth Central and the early incarnation of the CCC.

Glad you've kept your car all these years, post up some pics when you get a chance!!

---John
    Big M Auto-

"We buy junk, and sell antiques"
    ICC member since just after dirt, but before baseball.

Captain Bionic Grandpa of AUS OzySteve's Avatar
    mate looking forward to seeing your car mate. If you are looking for book Christine inspiration check out my thread. Book Christine in Perth, worth a read.
    Build it yourself, then at least you know it will be right.

Hello and welcome Rob, glad to see you've kept the dream alive!

Chris.

Hi and welcome a board Rob!

Wel come to the forum, Rob! Glad to have you aboard!
    Pete
    from Georgia
    "Stick with me, kid, and you'll have horse turds as big as diamonds."

Howdy Rob.........nice to see another crusty old fella joining the forum.

can't you bring along a few busty Swedish 26 year old blondes for us as well. Might help reduce the average age of our membership....and it is a compulsory requirement for all new members!
    Captain Keep-On-Thread strikes again!!!

Wel come to the club...ol chap (-;

, this is a great forum, you will enjoy it here. Post pics when you can, also of the monaco, I have a bluemo too :)

Thanks for all the warm welcomes, guys...and for reminding me about those old Plymouth Central days, John, lol. I'm looking forward to breaking the 30-post limit, so I can see all the other good stuff. :)

I've added some links of my other vehicles in the appropriate forum boards; I'll be adding ones for the '57 and the Bluesmobile, later this weekend...I hope you guys enjoy. :)

Rob
    Last edited by Ghostsoldier; 09-25-2016 at 04:19 AM.

1943 Ford GPW

Hi Rob! to the ICC. I am Chrissy from Michigan and I am trying to build a book clone Christine as well. With a lot of help from all the great members here.

Thanks, Chrissy! I've seen your thread, and your car looks awesome....I can't wait to see yours finished! :)

Rob

1943 Ford GPW

Rob, thanks for checking out my project.

Rob I am I believe the oldest member 1 am 74, can you beat that
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostsoldier View Post
    I’m new to this forum, but not the world of Christine…been a big fan of the book and the movie since it came out in theaters in ‘83, and I’ve been a hotrodder and motorhead since I was a teenager.

I joined the CCC (or an earlier iteration of that site) back in 2009 as "ghostcruiser", but had to drop out of circulation for a while, to deal with the variances of “real life”; I just recently rejoined the CCC, and thought I’d join this forum, too, to cover all the bases of what’s going on in the ’57-’58 Plymouth hobby.

Two kids through college, a couple of other car projects, and a bunch of money spent on other stuff later, I've still got my future “book Christine” project: a white-over-black '57 Savoy 4-door sedan. My wonderful wife purchased it for me for a Valentine’s Day present about 20 or so years ago from an old high school teacher, and paid 100 dollars for it (running, and I’m the third owner)…the previous owner had even named it “Priscilla”, lol.

At this stage of the build, the car has been stripped of its components, all parts catalogued and/or stored, and the car itself is under wraps (waterproof tarps) while I pursued other interests (I've got some photos of it I can upload here later, in a separate thread). I have recently finished a rat rod project (1962 Ford Falcon 2-door station wagon), and am in the middle of 2 others, a 1943 Ford GPW jeep (I also am a WW2 living historian), and a 1974 Dodge Monaco Bluesmobile tribute car (an ex-Ohio Highway Patrol car, with a 440)…which means the ’57 Plymouth is still on the list, albeit at the bottom.

At this stage, though, I'm once again checking the pulse of what's going on in the world of Christine, and am gearing up for the Savoy build by reading everything I can, and gradually buying the ’58-specific parts I’ll need to turn it into a book clone…....this time, though, I plan on staying active in the community, as I’m starting to have more free time in my older age.

Thanks for having me. :)

Rob

I can drink Gasoline and Piss on a Bush Fire Rebels-59's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RedSled View Post
    I believe you are Bobby, But i know for sure you are the Fastest when driving RedSled

Quote Originally Posted by RedSled View Post
    Nope, Bob....I'm close, but no banana (at 52)....does my body feeling like it's 74 count, lol?

Rob

1943 Ford GPW