Thread: 1962 Ford Falcon 2-door Ratwagon

1962 Ford Falcon 2-door Ratwagon

Here's my finished ratrod Ford wagon project: it has a 302/C4 combo from a '72 Grabber Maverick, 2.5" Flowmaster exhaust with H-pipe crossover, all new Mustang front end rebuild parts from NPD, 8" rearend and front discs from a '78 Grenada, lowered 2.5" by cutting the front coils s and using over-axle lowering blocks in the rear, shaved door handles, and a host of other mods:

Rob
    "Let's motorvate!" - Arnie Cunningham

"See anything green? see anything green....see anything GREEN?" - Arnie Cunningham, corpse

1943 Ford GPW
    1957 Plymouth Savoy 4-door sedan
    1962 Ford Falcon Ratwagon
    1974/5 Dodge Monaco Bluesmobile cop car
    2005 Dodge Magnum 5.7 R/T

Captain Bionic Grandpa of AUS OzySteve's Avatar
    look at that....

you and my son would get along very well......

I built a 63 falcon for him a few years back, , the car is sold now, sadly.....

great little car......

ours was running the 6 banger 144ci.....and three on the tree. I lowered it too, loads of other mods too.

I have a thread on it here.....i will see if i can find it and bump it for you
    Build it yourself, then at least you know it will be right.

Quote Originally Posted by OzySteve View Post
    look at that....

you and my son would get along very well......

I built a 63 falcon for him a few years back, , the car is sold now, sadly.....

great little car......

ours was running the 6 banger 144ci.....and three on the tree. I lowered it too, loads of other mods too.

I have a thread on it here.....i will see if i can find it and bump it for you
    I just did...yours was an awesome build, Steve.

Mine belonged to my now-deceased father-in-law, who bought it from the original owner in the '70s...he gave it to me about 25 years ago, making me the third owner. It originally started with a 144 and a 3/tree, too, and the wife drove it that way for about 15 years as an extra vehicle, and then my oldest son became of "driving age" and we decided to make it a father-son project, and convert it to a hotrod...it was a fun, bonding project for us both.

He eventually bought a 1974 Plymouth Duster with a 318 (another father-son project, link here: http://internationalchristineclub.ne...678#post142678), which we sold for a 1997 Land Rover Discovery I...the biggest mistake we ever made, as far a being able to work on it, lol.

Rob

"See anything green? see anything green....see anything GREEN?" - Arnie Cunningham, corpse

1943 Ford GPW

Very cool! Those wagons were very neat little cars. Plus a 2-door! I'm kinda partial to the 2-door wagons (I've got 5 of them!!), they get a double take from folks. I bet it's a double-double take with the shaved handles on yours!
    Pete
    "Stick with me, kid, and you'll have horse turds as big as diamonds."

Quote Originally Posted by SavoyPlaza View Post
    Very cool! Those wagons were very neat little cars. Plus a 2-door! I'm kinda partial to the 2-door wagons (I've got 5 of them!!), they get a double take from folks. I bet it's a double-double take with the shaved handles on yours!
    Pete
    Which by the way Pedro, isn't it time for you to sell one, buy another?
    Think outside the box. Use your imagination.

Negative! I'm trying to take my own advise, what I keep telling my 8-year old son when he wants more toys: Play with what you have!!

Pete
    "Stick with me, kid, and you'll have horse turds as big as diamonds."

Cool looking wagon, Rob!
    Big M Auto-

"We buy junk, and sell antiques"
    ICC member since just after dirt, but before baseball.

Yeah, Pete...with no door handles, folks are always wondering how I get into it, lol.

Thanks, John. :)

Rob

1943 Ford GPW

Nice Wagon Rob,

Quote Originally Posted by RedSled View Post
    Nice Wagon Rob,
    Thanks, Bob...it's a head-turner, especially when I make a turn, and the front fenders make a roaring noise and do the "Christine jiggle" because of the low stance and the front tires scrubbing.

Rob

1943 Ford GPW