Thread: MOPAR FULL SIZE BODIES - EARLY 1960'S

MOPAR FULL SIZE BODIES - EARLY 1960'S

I need advice of you guys on what other Mopar cars used the same basic platform as my 65 Imperial Crown 4 door.

I ask because I have searched extensively for over a year now to find interior trim for the internal door posts, (B and C post plastic covers), and have only ever found one car scrapped, but missed out on the parts. A similar search for late 60's- early 1970's full size Mopars shows that the later imperial shared the same body shell with quite a number of other Mopar models across the range, so parts are easier to source. Is the same true for my mid-1960's model?

I can't even trace another Imperial of this age in the UK, as the last two were scrapped about 11 and 2 years ago respectively, with no parts left.

I posted this question in the Imperial Owners forum about a year ago......not ONE reply!!!!!
    Captain Keep-On-Thread strikes again!!!

Aye! I really don't know my Imperials very well, but I would assume they began sharing with the Chryslers when they stopped using full frames--which would have been late 60s? I know yours, as well as 1955-1966 models are stand alone; everything was heavier-duty than even the high dollar Chryslers, little is similar.

Perhaps an "Auto-Interchange" book would help. I just flipped through mine and it does list some Imperial stuff interchanging.
    Pete
    "Stick with me, kid, and you'll have horse turds as big as diamonds."

Just reviving this because I need advice urgently.

This item is on Ebay motors in the US. It says it is a B post cover from a 1961-63 series Imperial, but it looks identical to the post trim I need for my 1965 4dr Ht Crown.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	s-l64 (2).jpg 
Views:	48 
Size:	1.4 KB 
ID:	12509

Name:	s-l64 (1).jpg 
Views:	48 
Size:	860 Bytes 
ID:	12510

Is it possible that the 61-63 shared the same parts with the 64-66 models? I don't know these cars well at all except for what is on my own car. I have contacted numerous parts suppliers in the US to no avail and these parts are all I need to fully restore my interior!!

Can anyone who knows early 60's Imperials give me better advice please?
    Last edited by billy whizz; 03-21-2017 at 04:29 PM.

Sure does look the same. I don't have a lot of knowledge on the post '63 models, Geoff, but recently I did find that the heater/a/c box is the same, so not everything is different.

---John
    Big M Auto-

"We buy junk, and sell antiques"
    ICC member since just after dirt, but before baseball.

Finally got a definitive illustration. the post covers below are 64-65 for the top two and 61-63 for the lower row. the tops are different, but the bottoms may be the same. If I could prove this I might be able to make a pair of covers from the earlier type, which are a little easier to get hold of.

Name:	003_9.jpg 
Views:	35 
Size:	45.2 KB 
ID:	12514

Sadly the guy who has them is not very communicative. he is selling them on his facebook for $45 dollars each, (they fetch less than $20 on ebay), but yesterday quoted me $60 plus shipping for one!! Nice guy!!).

If anyone out there can help me find some, it would be greatly appreciated.

Frustrating.

Too bad we don't like '57 Chebbies. They've got catalogs full of new stuff for them!!

Pete
    "Stick with me, kid, and you'll have horse turds as big as diamonds."

Pete, you are right....should all buy a mustang!!!

I have a good client who has a fibreglass mouldings factory in town. If i can get a half decent pair of these trims his apprentices will be able to make me a mould from them, then I can cast new trims without running the risk of an expensive fragile part crumbling to dust like the ones in my car.

The miserable tw@t won't post to the UK......b@st@rd!!!!

57 Chevys and Mustangs are like iPhones... every chump has one... :) Want one? go buy one...

There has to be a 65 Imperial somewhere for parts in the US.

Here is a big auction coming up in July :) I might be going just to check things out, looks like a 65 there for sale. I can probably get for 100$ :)

http://www.ronhackenberger.com/

I can drink Gasoline and Piss on a Bush Fire Rebels-59's Avatar
    James Rawa has a 1964 that he has just pulled Engine and Trans out today, the rest is going to a guy to Derby race ..

I can drink Gasoline and Piss on a Bush Fire Rebels-59's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rebels-59 View Post
    James Rawa has a 1964 that he has just pulled Engine and Trans out today, the rest is going to a guy to Derby race ..

Facebook contact = https://www.facebook.com/furyjim.raw...7%3A1491335823

Quote Originally Posted by Rebels-59 View Post
    He likes to be called JimBo!
    Think outside the box. Use your imagination.

Thanks Clive.......have sent Jimbo a message. here's hoping....
    Last edited by Imperial King; 04-05-2017 at 11:17 PM.