Thread: 1975 Dodge Monaco Bluesmobile

1975 Dodge Monaco Bluesmobile

Here's my Blues Brothers tribute car, which started life as a 1975 Ohio State Patrol car with a 360; now it has a 1974 front clip, with a 1969 Dodge 440 V-8 and 727 (out of my old '68 Dart). I also have front and rear '74 bumpers to go on it, plus an extra front passenger fender to replace the beat-to-hell one you see in the photos.

It was in a modest state of decay when I bought it, but I've been slowly bringing it back to decent driveable shape; not to be a show car by any means (hey, after all, it's a Blumo), but good enough that parts don't fall off, and it doesn't rust into oblivion.

It's been a slow-go restoration lately (mainly because of the aforementioned 'real life' stuff), but I hope to finish it up sometime in the next year or so (maybe in-tandem with the '57 Savoy), so I can start using it to motorvate (or, rent it out for events, so it can pay for it's keep).

Rob
    "Let's motorvate!" - Arnie Cunningham

"See anything green? see anything green....see anything GREEN?" - Arnie Cunningham, corpse

1943 Ford GPW
    1957 Plymouth Savoy 4-door sedan
    1962 Ford Falcon Ratwagon
    1974/5 Dodge Monaco Bluesmobile cop car
    2005 Dodge Magnum 5.7 R/T

Go outside and enjoy life.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	08a8f9b7a68cd21dee4fb27449152402e62fb18a.jpg 
Views:	4 
Size:	21.1 KB 
ID:	12092

Very cool again! It's good you found an actual police car--odd to see one with power windows!

It's funny to me to 'restore' a car that is supposed to look beat up.

Pete
    "Stick with me, kid, and you'll have horse turds as big as diamonds."

It was my understanding that it was a detective's car, hence the power windows.

Quote Originally Posted by SavoyPlaza View Post
    Very cool again! It's good you found an actual police car--odd to see one with power windows!

It's funny to me to 'restore' a car that is supposed to look beat up.

Pete
    Yeah, Pete...that's why I'm not going to go overboard with the resto....it's supposed to look beat up and ragged.

Rob

"See anything green? see anything green....see anything GREEN?" - Arnie Cunningham, corpse

1943 Ford GPW

Ahh thats confirmed it, I thought it was the same Rob from the bluesmobiles forums :).

Quote Originally Posted by christineuk View Post
    Ahh thats confirmed it, I thought it was the same Rob from the bluesmobiles forums :).
    Yeah, it's me, Dean...good to hear from you. :)

Rob

1943 Ford GPW

And you Rob, whats left on the bluemo before its on the road? Mines going into hibernation at the end of this month. If one of your jeeps needs looking after on a semi permanant basis there is a good home here!! :).

A serial killer car and a police car??? Hope they are not kept in the same garage!!

And you Rob, whats left on the bluemo before its on the road? Mines going into hibernation at the end of this month. If one of your jeeps needs looking after on a semi permanant basis there is a good home here!! :).
    Dean...I didn't get much farther than finishing the firewall/cowl repair, and the front radiator support, when my house insurance company threatened to cancel my homeowners insurance, until I put a new roof on my house....so, there went 5 grand of my car money, into a new metal roof. I'm going to have to build the money pile back up a bit, before I can tackle the running gear...good news is, the 440 is almost ready to slide in, once I figure out the A/C unit bracketry.

Quote Originally Posted by Chrissy Mopar View Post
    A serial killer car and a police car??? Hope they are not kept in the same garage!!
    Lol...yeah, I'm sure they spend their evenings plotting to kill me, if either one gets the first opportunity.

Rob

1943 Ford GPW

I can drink Gasoline and Piss on a Bush Fire Rebels-59's Avatar
    Sweet.
    so we have 2 Bluesmobiles here on the Forum, Damn guys you could almost make another Sequel..

That will be one for the CGI ins, I dont think there are enough 74/75 monacos left!!

Houses are a pain in the arse when they need work doing, nothing fits, nothing works as it should and its all far too expensive. I remember the firewall issues on your monaco Rob, not an easy fix. It was the first area on mine that got cleaned and treated with 2 kg anti rust wax. Is your repair holding up? I have a 75 newport 400 here with a/c if you need pics.

I remember the firewall issues on your monaco Rob, not an easy fix. It was the first area on mine that got cleaned and treated with 2 kg anti rust wax. Is your repair holding up? I have a 75 newport 400 here with a/c if you need pics.
    It seems to be doing okay, Dean....I'll definitely get with you about the A/C photos, once I get to that stage.

Rob

1943 Ford GPW

"Where's the Caddy". "I needed a Microphone"! "Six tears in Jail and You picked me up in a Mt. Prospect Cop Car"? "Just make sure the lighter works". "Bow-Bow-Bow". That is one of my favorite movies. Marc.
    "She'll Start, You'll Need These."