Thread: 1958 Belvedere seen in Old Town, Kissimmee, Florida (2005)

1958 Belvedere seen in Old Town, Kissimmee, Florida (2005)

Although this car is not mine, I spotted it at the Old Town (Kissimmee) car show back in 2005, and took these photos; I've never really had a place to share them, so if anyone here knows who it belongs to, feel free to claim it (and mods, feel free to move this thread, if i have it in the wrong section):

Rob
    "Let's motorvate!" - Arnie Cunningham

"See anything green? see anything green....see anything GREEN?" - Arnie Cunningham, corpse

1943 Ford GPW
    1957 Plymouth Savoy 4-door sedan
    1962 Ford Falcon Ratwagon
    1974/5 Dodge Monaco Bluesmobile cop car
    2005 Dodge Magnum 5.7 R/T

And a couple of a '58 from the Daytona Turkey Rod Run in 2007:

Rob

"See anything green? see anything green....see anything GREEN?" - Arnie Cunningham, corpse

1943 Ford GPW

Looks like a real beauty! I think Matt used to frequent the Old Town car shows as well. I wonder where that Christine is today?
    Pete
    "Stick with me, kid, and you'll have horse turds as big as diamonds."

You must live close to Titusville Rob...
    Think outside the box. Use your imagination.

I can drink Gasoline and Piss on a Bush Fire Rebels-59's Avatar
    Wow, both those look Awesome ...

Wow, sure is two beautiful cars there... That's cool on the second car how they had a car show taking place at the Nascar track.
    1958 Plymouth Belvedere 2 dr ht (under restoration)

ROCK AND ROLL WILL NEVER DIE

From memory and not knowing how large a town Kissimmee actually is,, But i am sure there was discussion of a 58 Christine for sale there a few years ago...

Kissimmee has a tad over 65,000 residents,a lot of diversity as far as attractions,

http://www.immee.org/

Quote Originally Posted by Imperial King View Post
    Kissimmee has a tad over 65,000 residents,a lot of diversity as far as attractions,

http://www.immee.org/
    Yeah BUT... How many 58 Christine Clones does it have. ??? or Had ???

I have really no idea mate...Maybe Earl or the new Floridian dude knows...

I have really no idea mate...Maybe Earl or the new Floridian dude knows...
    Oh i forgot, You are still a Floridian Newbie mate ...

You must live close to Titusville Rob...
    I'm about 2.5 hours north of Titusville (between Jax and Gainesville), although we go to Kissimmee quite often...sometimes for the Old Town car shows (not to be confused with the Florida city of Old Town, on the Gulf), and sometimes to do the Disney and Universal stuff. T-ville is about an hour from O-Town, on SR-50.

Quote Originally Posted by 1958PlymouthFuryChristine View Post
    Wow, sure is two beautiful cars there... That's cool on the second car how they had a car show taking place at the Nascar track.
    They have a huge car show there twice a year (November and March), in the center field of the Daytona International Speedway:

http://www.turkeyrun.com/Turkey_Run_Home.html

Rob

1943 Ford GPW

A member at Forwardlook I got a PM from long ago I remember is from Haines City FL is supposed to have one but I never seen it so I don't know.
    Beavis & Butthead 2011.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostsoldier View Post
    They have a huge car show there twice a year (November and March), in the center field of the Daytona International Speedway:

http://www.turkeyrun.com/Turkey_Run_Home.html

Rob
    That's really cool how they have a car show taking place at the track there. Advantages you get when you're nearby a racetrack... So, did they allow anyone to take their cars (not the Nascar ones) out for a run around the track, or maybe even put on a little race? That would've been the icing on the cake, just as long as nobody wrecks! Or is the only racing that is allowed there done with restrictor plates?

That's really cool how they have a car show taking place at the track there. Advantages you get when you're nearby a racetrack... So, did they allow anyone to take their cars (not the Nascar ones) out for a run around the track, or maybe even put on a little race? That would've been the icing on the cake, just as long as nobody wrecks! Or is the only racing that is allowed there done with restrictor plates?
    They don't allow stock vehicles on the track during the show (at least, not driving on it), Jackie, but there are "workshops" during the year, where you pay big money to drive a NASCAR vehicle (with a professional in the car with you). They treat that track like it's a Holy Relic of some kind, lol, and are extremely serious about it's maintenance.

Rob

1943 Ford GPW

They don't allow stock vehicles on the track during the show (at least, not driving on it), Jackie, but there are "workshops" during the year, where you pay big money to drive a NASCAR vehicle (with a professional in the car with you). They treat that track like it's a Holy Relic of some kind, lol, and are extremely serious about it's maintenance.

Rob
    Well that sucks that they don't allow you to take the cars that entered in the show out for a spin around the track. Its a fast track, and would've been really been cool for the ones that have the need for speed lol, to be allowed on it. But its probably some Nascar security type rule that prohibits that... At least there is the quarter mile straightaways to go racing though... You sure about that, where someone could actually drive a Nascar car, with of course the money and the pro driver along? I heard that it was where the pro driver is the one driving, and you're the one along for the ride, but I could be wrong...

You sure about that, where someone could actually drive a Nascar car, with of course the money and the pro driver along? I heard that it was where the pro driver is the one driving, and you're the one along for the ride, but I could be wrong...
    Yeah, Jackie, I think I worded it wrong...you can "ride shotgun" with a NASCAR driver for 3 laps at the Daytona track, at the Richard Petty Driving Experience:

http://www.drivepetty.com/

Rob

1943 Ford GPW

Yeah, Jackie, I think I worded it wrong...you can "ride shotgun" with a NASCAR driver for 3 laps at the Daytona track, at the Richard Petty Driving Experience:

http://www.drivepetty.com/

Rob
    Well even if you cant drive the racecar, it still sounds like fun riding as a passenger in it. Hence, one of my favorite camera views when watching Nascar on TV is the in-car camera...