Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lucky Paul's Christine build

Lucky Paul's Christine build

A few know from Facebook, but I picked up a 1957 Plymouth 2 door hardtop for 950.00 in Del Rio Texas, (border of Mexico)

Now that I have the TRUE Christine car (2 door hardtop) I'm going to finally be able to build a clone. I"m going to be doing a Frame off build with this car, 440 engine, updated rear axle, disk brakes, the whole deal.

This will take forever, but once ALICE is running driving, the fun begins on Christine!

Pics to follow!!

That's great Paul! Can't wait to see your progress. Lets see some pix. Marc.
    "She'll Start, You'll Need These."

I suppose that's why you're "lucky"!

Keep us in the loop with your progress!
    Pete
    "Stick with me, kid, and you'll have horse turds as big as diamonds."

Happy for you Paul. It will be fun watching you work on her and great taste in engines.

I can drink Gasoline and Piss on a Bush Fire Rebels-59's Avatar
    Post some PICs when you can Paul.. As am sure several like myself havent seen you new purchase

Cool. Can't wait to see it.
    Beavis & Butthead 2011.

shoot, I'll get pics up here shortly!

That skeleton finding from the car is pretty spooky. I always knew Christine was a killer! lol. Any idea what kind of critter it was? That rust cancer definitely doesn't look good! I've never seen a rust cancer hole on the fin before, always thought the moisture would just drain off of the fin and not collect it to make it rusty... I wish you the best of luck with that.
    Jackie

Nice clear pics Paul. I enjoyed studying them except for the dead thigy. Can't wait to see how you turn this girl around.

Haha. I found the cat rat skeleton on the front seat... I'm just glad I had a mask on when I was clean all the damn stuff out of the car!

The fin rust hole was from a towel sitting on it and holding water . I'm going to use my 1958 2 door post Plaza as a donor for most of the parts for this car. The entire front end, the dash, the thin patch panel, etc. I'm really only missing a pair of front bumper wings to make this complete... I think LOL

Quote Originally Posted by cloverdragger View Post
    Haha. I found the cat rat skeleton on the front seat... I'm just glad I had a mask on when I was clean all the damn stuff out of the car!

The fin rust hole was from a towel sitting on it and holding water . I'm going to use my 1958 2 door post Plaza as a donor for most of the parts for this car. The entire front end, the dash, the thin patch panel, etc. I'm really only missing a pair of front bumper wings to make this complete... I think LOL
    Yes that is all you need...a pair of front wings. :) You are a very brave man and I'm guessing very talented.

I was gonna guess that was a cat, other than that discovery, nice find! Yeah I was really surprised to see the hole in the rear too.

Great find and looks like a straight body, always wonder why people park up what was probably a pretty tidy car in it's day. Looks to have some good options on it, good to see it saved.

Not too bad for the price. Lots of bottles & stuff in the trunk and what looks like it had 2 67 Mustang hubcaps in it.
    Beavis & Butthead 2011.

I read on FB "Plymouth parts group" that you got one for $950! Can't beat the price considering those rear bumper wings, roof trim and rarer still "aluminium piece" under the trunk is worth well over $950!!! The car body actually isn't all that bad considering...

I bet the old girl is loving being indoors now.

HaHaHa in the 5th photo at first quick glance looking beside the Plymouth, I thought the boat was a DeLorean!
    Last edited by matte; 12-16-2016 at 04:59 AM.
    George Costanza- Jerry, just remember, itís not a lie if you believe it.

What a score!

That hole in the fin top was actually a rare dealer-add option for those too lazy to actually open the trunk lid, they could just reach in the hole. Very rare.

Looks like a good project. The clean out was a monumental task in itself! I'd send the cat back to the previous owner, they may wonder what ever happened to Muffin.

Good score, and it looks like you've got a good workspace for her as well.
    Pete
    "Stick with me, kid, and you'll have horse turds as big as diamonds."

That was an awesome find, Paul!! Hard to believe all the junk that was stored inside, pretty wild!!
    Big M Auto-

"We buy junk, and sell antiques"
    ICC member since just after dirt, but before baseball.

I didn't realize it's been 6 months since I've chatted in here!! I have made some fun progress and I will post some photos tonight!

-Bought a locker 8 3/4 rear end with 3:70 gears
    -Pulled the 301 motor/powerflite
    -stripped the front end
    -got some 58 fenders! (Getting them in 2 weeks)
    -started pulling all the 57 specific items
    -got some 85 Chrysler 5th ave. Spindles for the front end.

-and I decided to take the body off so I can properly build the frame with 440 drivetrain