Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Lucky Paul's Christine build

Here are a few pics! Pulled the motor... getting ready to strip her down!

And I got my donor spindles from this lol

And I'm in love with this axle! Just wish it w asnt shortened so much... Going to have to think this on through...

Looks like a nice car to start with. Doing the full bore "Christine Conversion"? Interested to know what power plant your planning on using! :)

Yup! Going Christine with the build. I almost have all the parts I need. I have a 1978 RV 440 that's going into this car. It's getting a dual quad so it will still look real similar to Christine's motor.

Only issue I have run into is I'm using 15 inch wheels to clear the disk brakes so I can't use the original 58 hubcaps. I'm still trying to figure that out.

Quote Originally Posted by cloverdragger View Post
    Yup! Going Christine with the build. I almost have all the parts I need. I have a 1978 RV 440 that's going into this car. It's getting a dual quad so it will still look real similar to Christine's motor.

Only issue I have run into is I'm using 15 inch wheels to clear the disk brakes so I can't use the original 58 hubcaps. I'm still trying to figure that out.
    Smaller calipers??
    Captain Keep-On-Thread strikes again!!!

Quote Originally Posted by cloverdragger View Post

Hmmm. One way is to trim the wheel lips off of a set of 14" wheels and weld them to 15" wheels. I think there are some youtube videos on this. Or pick up some 1970 Plymouth full wheel covers and to make them look more authentic; use the centers of some 1958 caps using industrial grade adhesive. You can do it!

.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Whichisbest2001z.jpg 
Views:	5 
Size:	70.4 KB 
ID:	12708
    Last edited by 58Belvedere; 08-10-2017 at 01:42 AM.
    "She'll Start, You'll Need These."

I heard you could use 15" beauty trim rings with the 14" cap but don't remember where I heard it.

Yup, I think I have found about the same information. I could weld a 14 inch wheel lip on to the 15 inch wheel, or I did see the 14 inch beauty ring trick too somewhere. It's not a deal breaker to use a 15 inch hub cap but I want to try to keep it as "christine" as possible LOL

SO talking with the FuryJim, the 1971 Plymouth 15" hubcaps are REALLY close to looking like the original 14" 58 caps. I sold off all 5 58 caps I had (Marc got 2 of them) and I got 4 71 Plymouth caps from Jim.

On a side note, I was able to find and purchase the final Bumper wing I needed!! Photos to come! NOS for the win!!

Thank again!
    "She'll Start, You'll Need These."

Show us those hubcaps matey!!
    Captain Keep-On-Thread strikes again!!!