Thread: 1957 Dodge Coronet.... kids wagon!

1957 Dodge Coronet.... kids wagon!

Not sure if this is the correct area to post this, but since I have decided to go off of the land of Facebook, I though I would share my build here.

I picked up this fiberglass body from a FL friend Jesse in Kansas. He got it at a swap meet. After some research, it was made by a company in Mexico called Timix (or something like that)

I built this in 12 days from start to finish. I heavily modified a little Radio Flyer wagon as the basis for this build. I wanted it to sit low so I had to change a whole lot of the wagon. I bolted the fiberglass body to the wagon with bolts under the seat and under the hood ornament. I used a shortened 57 Plymouth fender spear for the hood ornament, and 2 58 Plymouth Plaza fender spears on the rear wings (just for a good looking touch)

I had a friend who owns a collision shop, help me with the painting and a local pinstripe artist pinstripe the hell out of it (and help cover up some of my imperfections LOL) However, I did paint the aqua and white myself in my garage.(first time painting anything!)

I added LED taillights and headlights.

Here is a breakdown of the Cost of this build...

$100.00 Wagon and fiberglass body
    $100.00 on LED lights and battery
    $250.00 For the pinstriping
    FREE - friends donated paint and paint supplies.

So i build it for around $500.00. Its more then I wanted to spend on the build, but nothing is free in life!

It all came together great (some chips in the paint (bad prep/primer) but whatever, its for a 1 year old) and I gave it to my daughter for her first Birthday Present! She loved it!

Now how do i step up my game for her 2nd Birthday?!

Pics to follow!

My daughter's name is Wren (hence all the Bird stuff lol)

A little video at the bday party!