Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 1957 Plymouth Suburban Wagon 6 Passanger

Quote Originally Posted by Imperial King View Post
    Paul, I appreciate you giving all of us the skinny on the car. I am excited to see how things progress on your end. I believe most of us do. It's like cheering for the hometown team at the Thanksgiving Day Football game.
    Anyway, I can say we all appreciate seeing your success going on with the car.
    Thanks! I'm excited to see the progression myself!! After I scoop up this wagon in Kansas, and March 3rd I'll be in MARC's neck of the woods (just north of Ft Worth) to pick up the tailgate. I should have just about all the parts I need to finish this wagon.

She needs some love, and I'm the man to give it to her!!

Quote Originally Posted by cloverdragger View Post
    Thanks! I'm excited to see the progression myself!! After I scoop up this wagon in Kansas, and March 3rd I'll be in MARC's neck of the woods (just north of Ft Worth) to pick up the tailgate. I should have just about all the parts I need to finish this wagon.

She needs some love, and I'm the man to give it to her!!
    It's a beautiful thing Paul!
    Think outside the box. Use your imagination.

Paul did you need a tail light?

https://seattle.craigslist.org/tac/p...493215987.html

.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	57wagontaillight.jpg 
Views:	1 
Size:	95.6 KB 
ID:	12870
    "She'll Start, You'll Need These."

Quote Originally Posted by 58Belvedere View Post
    I picked up 3 58 wagon tailights a few weeks back. But thanks for looking out!! I tried to contact that dude for the torqueflite aluminum panel and never got a response..

Quote Originally Posted by cloverdragger View Post
    I picked up 3 58 wagon tailights a few weeks back. But thanks for looking out!! I tried to contact that dude for the torqueflite aluminum panel and never got a response..
    Cool. Are you going to build it as a '58? I saw the '57 wagon tail light in that CL sale and thought maybe you would want it. The '58's with '57 lenses stacked in top would really brighten it up too. Marc.
    "She'll Start, You'll Need These."

I'm going to keep it as a 57 front end (since its all complete and dent free original stuff) and just change out the rear taillights to 58 (might also add the 58 reverse lights in the bumper too) I really love the chrome strip on the 58 lens, so I'll pass on the 57 lens on top. That would look crazy tho. I may try it out just to see how it looks.

Will enjoy watching this build. It's like magic to watch some one else doing the work.

Quote Originally Posted by Chrissy Mopar View Post
    Will enjoy watching this build. It's like magic to watch some one else doing the work.
    SO TRUE! You get all the enjoyment of watching something being built, but you don't need to use any energy or money doing so!

.... Maybe I should charge money?

LOL JK.

UPDATE. still trying to get this damn 318 going... I have spark but it just wont fire over... Going to check compression again. I took a video with the distributor in backward, which blew fire out through the intake and set the carburetor on fire LOL

The other 4 door wagon I found will be paid for soon. 400.00 and it has power brakes and power steering which I'm going to add both to this wagon. (make it easier for my wife to drive it)

And destruction of the 2 door wagon POS i have will happen this weekend I hope.

Quote Originally Posted by Chrissy Mopar View Post
    SO TRUE! You get all the enjoyment of watching something being built, but you don't need to use any energy or money doing so!

.... Maybe I should charge money?

LOL JK.

lol I would be glad to pay for all the things I have learned over the past few years. If I didn't have guys like your self to watch. I would not have come as far as I have. Now off to work with you and take pics please.

Only thing I have been doing lately is trying to get this poor 318 going... last night I also started the demo of the very sad 2 door wagon I got.

Someone in S.Dakota wants the passanger rocker (its dented and rusted LOL) so he is trading me 2 2 post mirrors and a good power steering pump for a 318 motor. I feel like its a good trade since i was going to scrap the rocker panels anyways!

Ok... I haven't made any new progress on the 318 motor as of yet.

But! I did go to this kickass junkyard and picked a set of third row seats a beautiful matching tailgate!! Also bought a mint 58 grille, and some trim for the wagon doors (mine were all oxidized real bad). Not a lot of progress, but some!!

Also thinking of maybe using this roof rack on the wagon!

You have done well Paul. I look forward to your next installment to this saga.
    Think outside the box. Use your imagination.

"Look forward" I see what you do there Haha!

WELP... I have made the decision. The 1978 RV 440 motor I have will be going into this wagon!! After finding out the 318 I have is all worn out, I'm just thinking about all the cost to get another motor/tranny, etc... I have a perfectly good 440, a FRESH! 727 James Rawa special, and a 8.75 rear axle, along with a driveshaft I picked up last week. I was going to use all of this in my Hardtop "Christine", but after thinking about it... that poor hardtop needs so much work that It wont be ready for a motor for a WHILE.

After talking to Jim Rawa, with a new Cam from Hughes Engines, this motor with 727 tranny and the 3000 Stall converter will snap necks! The Cam kit is $483.00 and a 750 cfm Carb will be around the same. Ill, need cables, brakes, etc. as well.

This car still needs work, but using this complete drivetrain will really speed up the process!! Jim says this motor with cam combo should push over 450HP! I''ll need it, this wagon is heavy!

Now your talking.

OK! I made some progress on the wagon over the past few weeks. I used the CLR rust remover cleaner and was able to "scrub" off the crap over the factor paint! I'm very happy with the results!!

I also finally got the tailgate bolted in place, hinges, latches, window all working correctly!

Next step is the rusty floors. I have some patch panels that I will be making from floor pieces from the extra 57 POS 2 door wagon. At least it was good for something!!

PICS TO COME!

I also picked up this awesome 50s cooler!! The top is a little dented and there is a dent in the back of it but for 20 bucks I'm not going to argue

Id say it's is a night and day difference!