Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: A QUICK INTRODUCTION - DARREN FROM UK - YET ANOTHER BRIT!

Having had a look at the pictures it does need a fair bit of work but it will be amazing once you’ve done it. I don’t mind getting my hands dirty but I couldn’t take something like that on. Although I really wish I had the time.....one day maybe!

Captain Bionic Grandpa of AUS OzySteve's Avatar
    I know what ya mean Daz about four door hts who
    Would want one of them....

Last edited by OzySteve; 01-15-2018 at 10:20 PM.
    Build it yourself, then at least you know it will be right.

After years of owning and swapping classic cars, nothing prepared me for the day my christine project arrived and we saw THAT side profile standing up there on the transporter. there is nothing quite like it, ("'cept for maybe.....er....er....a small cat"????). These cars are Rock n Roll just standing still!!!
    Captain Keep-On-Thread strikes again!!!

Fair one OzySteve - I’ve seen your car and I reckon I could make room for it in my garage! If I were choosing one new, I’d buy a two door hardtop. But they aren’t new, so condition has to be a big factor. Whatever body style, they are all “rock n roll just standing still”. Which is why I want one!

Nice to meet you Darren.

Your story sounds identical to mine.

I want "I wonder why" played as they lower me into the ground one day hopefully a long time from now.

I work in Sutton a lot.... where in SW London are you?

As Geoff (Billy) mentions, Dean is rebuilding my Christine's Engine at the moment.

He lives a 5 minute walk from me and counts two Plymouths amongst his collection of American cars.

We're both in Tiptree near Colchester, Essex.

1 hour from Dartord tunnel on a clear day.

Your welcome to drive over when my Christine is back on the road soon and I've got a long and interesting story to tell you.

All the best.

Lee.
    Last edited by Doobster; 01-17-2018 at 11:10 PM. Reason: Spelling
    Everything's good!

Hello Lee, I think I remember reading about your car in Classic American a year or two back, it looks very cool indeed. I am in Surbiton ( not too far from Sutton). It was a challenge getting a garage big enough for a 57 Plymouth around here, but I got there in the end! Sorry to hear about your engine trouble. It would be great to meet you and see your Christine once she is running again. I’d be very interested to hear the whole story!

Captain Bionic Grandpa of AUS OzySteve's Avatar
    Hey Daz, ,

Just to let you know, , once your post count gets up to 20 ( i think it is 20, , might be 30.....im getting old ya know) anyway, a lot more of the forum will open up to you....
    Build it yourself, then at least you know it will be right.

Quote Originally Posted by OzySteve View Post
    Hey Daz, ,

Just to let you know, , once your post count gets up to 20 ( i think it is 20, , might be 30.....im getting old ya know) anyway, a lot more of the forum will open up to you....
    Yeah.....30 posts then a whole host of serious stuff opens up!!! But we will OWN your ass!!! Bwaaaahaaaahaaa!!!

BTW: A guy contacted me on facebook yesterday - he is in the UK and thinking of selling his 57 Plymouth, if you are interested.

Yep.... that was me and Clive on the cover of that edition mate.

Lee.
    Everything's good!

Quote Originally Posted by Doobster View Post
    Yep.... that was me and Clive on the cover of that edition mate.

Lee.
    Guess which is which.........(Clue: one of them is really ugly!).

Why's that then Geoff..... did you find the other one rather attractive?

Everything's good!

I can drink Gasoline and Piss on a Bush Fire Rebels-59's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by billy whizz View Post
    Yeah.....30 posts then a whole host of serious stuff opens up!!! But we will OWN your ass!!! Bwaaaahaaaahaaa!!!

BTW: A guy contacted me on facebook yesterday - he is in the UK and thinking of selling his 57 Plymouth, if you are interested.
    Yep 30 Posts and the Forum automatically gives you Full Access,,,

I would guess it is this 57 Plymouth ,,, https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1957-Plym...cAAOSwO7haBtr0

OR ,, could be this 4 door 1957 Plaza

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/PLYMOUTH-...EAAOSwkvdaYINM

Yeah I was wondering if it might be one of those cars. That yellow two door was for sale before Christmas for a bit more money if I remember rightly. Neither car is right for me as I’m after something more original, though that doesn’t make them bad cars as such, just not what I’m after. If that guy on a Facebook is offering something else then I’d be happy to speak to him to explore it further. I’m not on Facebook but I’m sure we could work something out.

Guy on facebook hasn't got back to me yet, but the Loughborough address for one of them would suggest it's him.

Quote Originally Posted by Doobster View Post
    Why's that then Geoff..... did you find the other one rather attractive?

You're just looking for more flattery. Incase Daz is wondering....Lee has the biggest man boobs of all of us, making him the closest we have to a club poster girl. he's also a good snogger...er....er....er....apparently!

Quote Originally Posted by Rebels-59 View Post
    OR ,, could be this 4 door 1957 Plaza

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/PLYMOUTH-...EAAOSwkvdaYINM
    Yes, that was the one mentioned to me, sellers is a guy called Mark Sutton. here is his video of the car on facebook.
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/1958...group_activity

Not an ideal candidate, but possibly a sub 10K 'Christine' after a respray and a little fettling. Better than the 25-40K cost of a true clone build.

The engine sounds great but it’s a Chevy motor and transmission which just doesn’t appeal in this car the same way as a Mopar engine would. But if you can get it for the right money and do the work yourself, and you don’t mind the engine, it could be a cool thing to run around in. Following the link to that Facebook group, the yellow two door is there too.

Quote Originally Posted by retrodaz View Post
    The engine sounds great but it’s a Chevy motor and transmission which just doesn’t appeal in this car the same way as a Mopar engine would. But if you can get it for the right money and do the work yourself, and you don’t mind the engine, it could be a cool thing to run around in. Following the link to that Facebook group, the yellow two door is there too.
    It's unfortunate that they went with a chevy transplant. I seem to recall that this cat still had the 301 when I wanted to look at it back in the early 2000's. The car was located in Tucson Arizona then and they were asking $14,000. I just couldn't pull it off at the time though.

Quote Originally Posted by 57belv View Post
    It's unfortunate that they went with a chevy transplant. I seem to recall that this cat still had the 301 when I wanted to look at it back in the early 2000's. The car was located in Tucson Arizona then and they were asking $14,000. I just couldn't pull it off at the time though.
    Dont you mean the 2dr Coupe, and not this 4dr Sedan mate which has the Chev transplant