Thread: 1958 Plymouth Fury Script

1958 Plymouth Fury Script

I'm making a wall plaque of all the Forward Look fury scripts I currently own all of them from 1957 (i think 1956 was the same as 1957) up to 1961 EXCEPT 1958!!

I dont really care about condition or it has its original pins... hell, it can be broken in half and ill glue it back together for the display!

THanks in advance!!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Emblems.jpg 
Views:	9 
Size:	93.7 KB 
ID:	12887I can maybe make you one, I am doing something similar but I have all fury emblem. I molded the 58, those are rare as heck. but I can make copies now. I am going to have them paint chromed but I wont be going for a month or two.

I have all coronets also. I have all 57 Plymouth emblems(except the wagon Plymouth on the back gate, ive been hunting it forever).

I just take moldings of them if needed. I also have almost a complete 57 dodge emblems and letters. (savoy, belv, fury, plaza, letters, etc.)

57 dodge stuff sucked because the trucks added a lot and the lancer vs the 4 door differences. Im missing sedan quarter panel emblem.

This is a partial bit of my collection, im a hoarder.
    Last edited by mikes2nd; 03-21-2018 at 11:39 PM.

Nice!! At least you are hoarding the good stuff!! I actually just scored the 57 wagon tailgate emblem!! Maybe I can find someone locally and vacuum form it for a mold as well!

I'll post photos in a bit!

A friend in Kansas has the 57 plaza script and I ordered a 61 fury badge of eBay today! So really only missing 58 fury! (Unless I try and fit 62 fury) ((but it's the ugly black square right?) )

61 is a must, its very cool... one just sold cheap on ebay. 62's are hard to find non corroded.

63 and up are available normally, 66 rusted out a lot also.

Quote Originally Posted by mikes2nd View Post
    61 is a must, its very cool... one just sold cheap on ebay. 62's are hard to find non corroded.

63 and up are available normally, 66 rusted out a lot also.
    I just bought the 61 off of ebay!! 32.00 after shipping but it is missing the plymouth gold symbol in the middle of the F. Oh well. I'm glad I scored it!

Here is a photo of the plymouth tailgate script. I found the tailgate in a junkyard up by Fort Worth Texas. I was rummaging through the car and actually found the tailgate script on the dashboard. I think it had fallen off the tailgate and somebody saved it. I got so lucky to find it. All the ones I have seen are either broken or pitted so bad

Quote Originally Posted by cloverdragger View Post

Hmm i could give you a molded 58 to borrow your tailgate Plymouth :)

I can tell does it have pits though? I have had to double mold and repair the molded piece to get good final pieces before.

heres more of my hoard... i have a full set of Texan emblems.

I grabbed the 1940 Highlander off of ebay. I would really like to pick up a 1940 Chrysler some day.

I have a British Military "Royal Lancer" sign even :)

Name:	emblems2.jpg 
Views:	6 
Size:	97.6 KB 
ID:	12888

Hmm i could give you a molded 58 to borrow your tailgate Plymouth :)

I can tell does it have pits though? I have had to double mold and repair the molded piece to get good final pieces before.

heres more of my hoard... i have a full set of Texan emblems.

I grabbed the 1940 Highlander off of ebay. I would really like to pick up a 1940 Chrysler some day.

I have a British Military "Royal Lancer" sign even :)

Name:	emblems2.jpg 
Views:	6 
Size:	97.6 KB 
ID:	12888

I actually found a vacuum mold place here locally. Let me call them and see how the process works. I'm very big into building stuff, and using molded parts is kinda cool. I'd also really like to mold the 58 Plymouth grille "V". (which I see you have one in good shape)

Do you mold these on your own? how does the process work? I think this is awesome, and I can definitly work with you to get you a molded Plymouth gate logo!

I molded my V. I have a mold of it. I was selling some V's actually.

I molded my V. I have a mold of it. I was selling some V's actually.
    Nice!! can you tell me how you made the mold? do you use fiberglass resin to pour into the mold?

yeah poly resin, silicone mold. You need perfect samples to mold from though.