Thread: WTB: Belvedere Door Panels And rears too!

WTB: Belvedere Door Panels And rears too!

Hi Gang: I am still looking for 1958 Belvedere 2 or 4 door HARDTOP Door panels. And a couple rear panels from a 2 door. Even the stainless steel trim would be appreciated. Thanks! Marc.

.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	58ply1958 Belvedere Door Panel SMS resized.jpg 
Views:	11 
Size:	15.1 KB 
ID:	12928
    "She'll Start, You'll Need These."

Damn, you have been looking for these for years it seems like!

I found some, but I got more projects. One guy on Forward look sent pics and then backed out, jerk. Dorsey on FB sold a set of 4 door panels before I saw the ad. Oh well. Marc.

What about getting panels from SMS? I know they're a bit spendy, but from what I've seen the quality is top notch.

SMS. They can't get the trim from thin air. You have to furnish trim like this. Marc.

Really? cause I was under the impression that they made some sort of reproduction for their panels. When I inquired about them, there wasn't any mention of reusing the old trim. They were supposed to be complete, fully assembled parts.

Now that I look at it It looks DAMN CLOSE to the regular Belvedere trim for a 4 door on the back doors, just turned upside down!

Well, I received a letter from SMS today. I was expecting an email but they sent an actual letter instead. I asked specifically if one needed to reuse their own stainless trim, but didn't get a direct answer. the note only states that the panels are "ready to install".

That is interesting considering their are no holes for the door handle or window crank!! Maybe they hadn't completed the panel yet? Who knows... I'm going to keep making my own panels for around 200.00 for ALL 4!

Quote Originally Posted by cloverdragger View Post
    That is interesting considering their are no holes for the door handle or window crank!! Maybe they hadn't completed the panel yet? Who knows... I'm going to keep making my own panels for around 200.00 for ALL 4!
    I'm guessing they probably cut the holes in the backer board but not the vinyl At least that's what I've seen with others, but yeah, these are spendy for sure! What do you use for door card?