Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 1957 PLYMOUTH FURY!

1957 PLYMOUTH FURY!

Welp, I guess I can post this now... I'm purchasing a REAL FURY!! its in pretty bad shape, but 95% all complete and original. Motor, dual quads, intakes, badges, interior, etc..

I'm picking up the car in a few weeks.... the weekend after Carlisle. This is really going to hurt all of my other car builds for a while... but I think its work the asking price of 9k.

Ill put up some photos from the owner shortly.

I can drink Gasoline and Piss on a Bush Fire Rebels-59's Avatar

I forgot to post the backstory on the car... so I was told 2 brothers bought the car and drag raced the shit out of it. then, for some reason, they parked it in a field. odometer says about 75k.

Congrats on purchasing the Fury from Jesse.

It may be a bit of work, but definitely worthwhile!!
    Big M Auto-

"We buy junk, and sell antiques"
    ICC member since just after dirt, but before baseball.

She even has her WINGS! A lot of good going on with this car. Congrats

Congrats and good luck with the build!
    Failure is not falling down, it is not getting up again
    (00)==v==(00)

Congrats on that cool find.
    Beavis & Butthead 2011.

Congratulations! Quite the project, but she's a Fury!!!
    Pete
    "Stick with me, kid, and you'll have horse turds as big as diamonds."

Captain Bionic Grandpa of AUS OzySteve's Avatar
    a project for sure, , but a fury project........well done, im sure she will be perfecto in time
    Build it yourself, then at least you know it will be right.

Great purchase. has the essentials all there and it should reward the work put into it.

What was the original colour, and what colours are you going to finish it in?
    Captain Keep-On-Thread strikes again!!!

Thanks everyone! The only reason I bought it was because its complete. I have a complete set of Solex glass in my 57 2 door hardtop I can use on this car. It is a hell of a project, but I feel like the money and time invested could make this car worth 50k or more.

I spoke with the golden fin Society (Jack Lewis) he has knowledge of about 130 fury's.. So i bet there is less then 250 of these cars left on the road!

I think I'm going with the original colors on this one. White with Gold trim/inserts. I'm also just going to build it with my abilities. She won't be a show stopper, but I want to get her looking a lot better!

I was thinking of using my 2 door hardtop (Christine) as a body donor transplant, but Then im stuck without a "Christine" to build, and I really want one.

For now... I'm just going to get the car back here and store it, and focus on finishing the Wagon (its currently in the garage and half way through its build)

That's a nice one Paul. Was that Austin in SC you got it from? I need to fall out of that tree you are able to buys these for. Don't wreck the body...I'll buy it.
    "She'll Start, You'll Need These."

Jesse found this car in Kansas. (Austin had nothing to do with this one) I know he paid 1500.00 for it, so you need to fall out of HIS tree!! I know he is making a huge profit, but he is a good Forward Look friend, and I'm still getting a deal so its all good!!

I think I may be able to salvage the body. I'm going to look at it in more detail once I get it here. I actually found a rear driver side quarter panel that I can use to fix the leaning Fury fin LOL (Driverside rear fin is all leaning over.)

Great find! Even in rough shape these cars are beautiful!

That reminds me: I notice your front drivers side wheel has a red ring between hubcap and whitewall. Does that mean the wheel itself is painted all red? the rest of your wheels seem black.

having seen several of these Plyms with red rims, was it originally a factory finish?

So...what is "Christine" correct? Red, black or silver steel wheels? (Mine are all black but need repainting).
    Captain Keep-On-Thread strikes again!!!

Quote Originally Posted by billy whizz View Post
    That reminds me: I notice your front drivers side wheel has a red ring between hubcap and whitewall. Does that mean the wheel itself is painted all red? the rest of your wheels seem black.

having seen several of these Plyms with red rims, was it originally a factory finish?

So...what is "Christine" correct? Red, black or silver steel wheels? (Mine are all black but need repainting).
    The current owner put some wheels and tires on it. I'm not sure they are original. I have no clue what the wheel color is suppose to be.

I don't think any Plymouth out of this era would've had red rims, unless the body color was red. I believe most 57-58s had the 'argent' (silver) rims, matching the lower grille.
    Pete
    "Stick with me, kid, and you'll have horse turds as big as diamonds."

Congrats to this cool purchase! Good luck and staying power with the restoration!

Quote Originally Posted by Andy1974 View Post
    Congrats to this cool purchase! Good luck and staying power with the restoration!
    HAHA! Thanks! It will be a slow process, but With a total of 4 forward look Plymouths.. I have enough to keep me busy!!