Thread: WTB

WTB

I suppose its understood that many on this site are looking for a Christine. I am as well. Id be interested in any running car that anyone may be aware of, and Id be interested in the correct project car. I know, I know, preaching to the choir.

Thanks to all,
    Chris

Chris....you have come to the best place for advice. For a decent and honest deal you should get in touch with John Fowlie, (BigM), a long term and regular member here. He can help you source a project car that might suit your skills and budget.....or get you parts at least.

Secondly, if you see a car for sale online, (ebay, Craigslist, etc.), then mention it on here as it might be well known to one of the members. When I first joined ICC to find a car I was saved from buying a few duds.

Finally, there are a lot of rogue cars and builders out there who will sucker you. Steer clear of anything associated with Mopar Mel, who also traded as Christineman on ebay. He is very very notorious and his cars have caused serious loss of money and a load of grief.

Share your ambitions and needs and we will help you out as best we can.
    Captain Keep-On-Thread strikes again!!!

Billy,
    Thanks! I know John from the Forward Look forum. We have spoken about a few cars already.
    I have also followed the horror stories from the folks you have mentioned (and a few others).
    I appreciate the kindness and look forward to continuing my search.

I 2nd what was said about John at Big M. He is a great guy and has parts and cars too at good prices. I bought my car from him and I couldn't have asked for a better car to start a restoration with. I've also bought parts from him too and again, they're good quality.

Marc here on the club is also great when you're looking for a car, as he posts many cars that he has found off of craigslist, ebay, etc.

to the club!
    1958 Plymouth Belvedere 2 dr ht (under restoration)

ROCK AND ROLL WILL NEVER DIE

Thanks Jackie!

I recognize Marc' posts and avatar from the Forward look site too, though we have never directly corresponded. (I think i've seen a thread on your car too, unless there is another Jackie)

Still hoping a decent runner turns up so I can plunk down the cash all at once and drive away, but I realize that this is not a likely scenario.

thanks for the welcome!
    Chris

Take a look in the gallery section here Chris. There's owner's cars there.
    Think outside the box. Use your imagination.

Quote Originally Posted by cmangeot View Post
    Thanks Jackie!

I recognize Marc' posts and avatar from the Forward look site too, though we have never directly corresponded. (I think i've seen a thread on your car too, unless there is another Jackie)

Still hoping a decent runner turns up so I can plunk down the cash all at once and drive away, but I realize that this is not a likely scenario.

thanks for the welcome!
    Chris
    This is the only one for real except for the $77,000.00 one i
    n STL at a dealer: https://chicago.craigslist.org/nwc/c...013831740.html
    "She'll Start, You'll Need These."

I’ve been watching that one for years. This is the roof transplant car, is it not?

I’ve been watching that one for years. This is the roof transplant car, is it not?
    Yes new roof and hardtop items. These are hard to find now. Check with Big M.
    "She'll Start, You'll Need These."

The $77k car amazed me. The visible tar on the underside is not a good sign imho. Wondered if it was a mel car. I’d like to meet the actual person who bought this to know what was actually paid or if it’s was a trade, etc.

Thanks Jackie!

thanks for the welcome!
    Chris
    Just trying to help. If you're patient you will find a car, it just takes time. I was searching for a long time to find my right car, the one i have now.
    Thanks for checking out my thread on my car, I'm just slow at it currently as i have another car that's slowing me down right now but thankfully the other car is almost done so i can get back to Christine full time again.
    1958 Plymouth Belvedere 2 dr ht (under restoration)

ROCK AND ROLL WILL NEVER DIE